Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard to Chelsea confirmed 09:11 - Jul 4 with 2050 viewsitfcjoe

Good luck to him, think he'll do ok there if given a couple of years with transfer ban with lower expectations.

Could be best thing to happen to them if he surronds himself with the right peopl from the academy and developmental sides.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:13 - Jul 4 with 1431 viewsBigManBlue

Hope he does well and sticks around for years to come - though given the way Chelsea and their fans have operated since Abramovich, I expect him to be getting booed out by February.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:14 - Jul 4 with 1420 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

OK is not good enough for Roman.

Will be good to see the youth get a chance (maybe).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 1413 viewsitfcjoe

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:13 - Jul 4 by BigManBlue

Hope he does well and sticks around for years to come - though given the way Chelsea and their fans have operated since Abramovich, I expect him to be getting booed out by February.

I don't see the fans turning on him unless disaster, he is an absolute legend there and will have so much good will

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 1413 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I hope he's a massive failure and Chelsea suffer miserably because I now despite Chelsea and Manchester City for their part in the demise of our game and buying their way to success, especially Chelsea for sacking manager every year when only winning one trophy isn't good enough, even when it's the most prestigious one.

Strange how I hated Liverpool in the 70's and 80's and Manchester United in the 90's for winning everything so relentlessly and for every mate who didn't support Town deciding that they supported one of those two instead. Whilst money has always been in the game, at least Manchester United are genuinely massive, generated a lot of that revenue naturally and in 1992 brought through some absolutely incredible kids. Likewise with Liverpool, some of the signings they made back in the day were very shrewd and even now they've done some fantastically clever business.

I now find myself in this weird position of admiring United and Liverpool for what they did and disliking City and Chelsea. As someone said yesterday, without Abu Dhabi Manchester City would be Sunderland!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 9:28]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:19 - Jul 4 with 1406 viewsElderGrizzly

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:19 - Jul 4 with 1400 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brave move

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:20 - Jul 4 with 1399 viewsitfcjoe

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:18 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I hope he's a massive failure and Chelsea suffer miserably because I now despite Chelsea and Manchester City for their part in the demise of our game and buying their way to success, especially Chelsea for sacking manager every year when only winning one trophy isn't good enough, even when it's the most prestigious one.

Strange how I hated Liverpool in the 70's and 80's and Manchester United in the 90's for winning everything so relentlessly and for every mate who didn't support Town deciding that they supported one of those two instead. Whilst money has always been in the game, at least Manchester United are genuinely massive, generated a lot of that revenue naturally and in 1992 brought through some absolutely incredible kids. Likewise with Liverpool, some of the signings they made back in the day were very shrewd and even now they've done some fantastically clever business.

I now find myself in this weird position of admiring United and Liverpool for what they did and disliking City and Chelsea. As someone said yesterday, without Abu Dhabi Manchester City would be Sunderland!

How can you admire Man Utd with all they've done over the last few years - become a joke of a club since Fergie left?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 1368 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:20 - Jul 4 by itfcjoe

How can you admire Man Utd with all they've done over the last few years - become a joke of a club since Fergie left?

Didn't phrase that well.

I mean I can admire what they achieved under Fergie and how they went about being so dominant. Not particularly keen of them sacking Moyes so quickly, then van Gaal, the Jose saga and so on, but I do feel like they've realised how Liverpool have had success and at least are giving a young manager a go and buying young players, not handing out contracts to just anybody.

What I meant to say is that as annoying as United and Liverpool were when they were dominant, they at least were massive clubs who earned success.

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:27 - Jul 4 with 1351 viewschicoazul

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:23 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Didn't phrase that well.

I mean I can admire what they achieved under Fergie and how they went about being so dominant. Not particularly keen of them sacking Moyes so quickly, then van Gaal, the Jose saga and so on, but I do feel like they've realised how Liverpool have had success and at least are giving a young manager a go and buying young players, not handing out contracts to just anybody.

What I meant to say is that as annoying as United and Liverpool were when they were dominant, they at least were massive clubs who earned success.

Liverpool and Man U were the most successful clubs because they had the most money and bought the best players, same as it ever was is and will be.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:31 - Jul 4 with 1328 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:27 - Jul 4 by chicoazul

Liverpool and Man U were the most successful clubs because they had the most money and bought the best players, same as it ever was is and will be.

But they also had this money through being two massive clubs, generating income naturally through gate receipts and clever player sales as well. They also marketed themselves very well and made a lot of money in this respect.

Chelsea and Manchester City are massive solely because of billionaires taking them over. Not because they have massive crowds, partly because of how they have marketed themselves (off the back of becoming big clubs from the billions they have had thrown at them).

There's a massive difference. Of course they've all had money. United could go out and buy Cole, Ferdinand and so on, who were top players at rival clubs, but they lured them there because they were Manchester United.

Nobody was lured to Manchester City for any reason other than money initially.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:36 - Jul 4 with 1299 viewschicoazul

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:31 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

But they also had this money through being two massive clubs, generating income naturally through gate receipts and clever player sales as well. They also marketed themselves very well and made a lot of money in this respect.

Chelsea and Manchester City are massive solely because of billionaires taking them over. Not because they have massive crowds, partly because of how they have marketed themselves (off the back of becoming big clubs from the billions they have had thrown at them).

There's a massive difference. Of course they've all had money. United could go out and buy Cole, Ferdinand and so on, who were top players at rival clubs, but they lured them there because they were Manchester United.

Both clubs had enormous stadiums that put themn at a hige financial advantage compared to everyone else. It's exactly the same situation; money talking. The only difference is it's money from a single person/despotic state as opposed to lots of fans.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:38 - Jul 4 with 1284 viewsElderGrizzly

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:36 - Jul 4 by chicoazul

Both clubs had enormous stadiums that put themn at a hige financial advantage compared to everyone else. It's exactly the same situation; money talking. The only difference is it's money from a single person/despotic state as opposed to lots of fans.

Liverpool is funded by a group of Americans too? It’s not a group of fans throwing in a few quid each.

Without that American backing (or any other backing), Liverpool would be a mid-table side too
Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:45 - Jul 4 with 1262 viewschicoazul

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:38 - Jul 4 by ElderGrizzly

Liverpool is funded by a group of Americans too? It’s not a group of fans throwing in a few quid each.

Without that American backing (or any other backing), Liverpool would be a mid-table side too

Think he is referring to the days when Liverpool were actually successful though, 70s/80s.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:04 - Jul 4 with 1214 viewsitfcjoe

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:31 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

They just took different routes to being big clubs - Man City now attract players because they are Man City.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:16 - Jul 4 with 1172 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:36 - Jul 4 by chicoazul

They had huge stadiums because of the demand to see them! Not sure what point you're trying to make. They increased their capacities due to how well supported they were.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:19 - Jul 4 with 1151 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:38 - Jul 4 by ElderGrizzly

Without that backing Liverpool weren't a mid-table side though were they and suggesting they'd be mid-table is laughable. They'd have as much TV money as everyone else and still be 5 times European Cup winners and a huge draw (assuming they wouldn't have just won another one).

Liverpool sold Coutinho for £130m or whatever it was and have reinvested it. They sold Suarez for huge money before that and did likewise. They only spent £40m on Salah (which is only just more than Chelsea bought Drinkwater for) and £30m on Mane (the same sum Leicester are spending on Ayoze Perez!). They have been very clever with their spending (since Andy Carroll).

They paid £8m for Robertson too. Yet got £20m for Solanke and £20m for Ings!

Liverpool's recent business has been amazing. They may spend £150m but they bring in £150m.

Man City spend £300m whilst releasing Vincent Kompany. That's the difference.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:28 - Jul 4 with 1130 viewschicoazul

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:16 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

They had huge stadiums because of the demand to see them! Not sure what point you're trying to make. They increased their capacities due to how well supported they were.

My point is very simple. Money talks in football, since the early 70s. You, like a lot of people on here, seem to think there was once a halcyon era when it was jumpers for goal posts and clubs who didnt have enormous income streams didnt win the trophies all the time. All this nonsense about "modern football is rubbish" is what people have been saying for 40 years.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:57 - Jul 4 with 1076 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:19 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Without that backing Liverpool weren't a mid-table side though were they and suggesting they'd be mid-table is laughable. They'd have as much TV money as everyone else and still be 5 times European Cup winners and a huge draw (assuming they wouldn't have just won another one).

Liverpool sold Coutinho for £130m or whatever it was and have reinvested it. They sold Suarez for huge money before that and did likewise. They only spent £40m on Salah (which is only just more than Chelsea bought Drinkwater for) and £30m on Mane (the same sum Leicester are spending on Ayoze Perez!). They have been very clever with their spending (since Andy Carroll).

They paid £8m for Robertson too. Yet got £20m for Solanke and £20m for Ings!

Liverpool's recent business has been amazing. They may spend £150m but they bring in £150m.

Man City spend £300m whilst releasing Vincent Kompany. That's the difference.

Liverpools net spend last season was £142m, Man City’s £13m

But yes, they did spend it very well

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:57 - Jul 4 with 1077 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:28 - Jul 4 by chicoazul

My point is very simple. Money talks in football, since the early 70s. You, like a lot of people on here, seem to think there was once a halcyon era when it was jumpers for goal posts and clubs who didnt have enormous income streams didnt win the trophies all the time. All this nonsense about "modern football is rubbish" is what people have been saying for 40 years.

And there are two types of money.

Those who work bloody hard to graft for 16 hours a day to get their business empire off the ground and those who get handed it all by daddy or via a lottery win.

Manchester United and Liverpool grafted hard. They had a little bit of help along the way, but most of what they achieved was by tapping into a big following and snowballing it from there.

Manchester City and Chelsea have literally won the lottery.

There's a clear distinction. Nobody is arguing they don't all have money.

But look at the difference between Swansea and Bournemouth. Swansea worked their way up the divisions with some great managerial appointments, players that developed that were capable of stepping up multiple divisions and shrewd signings.

Bournemouth had a decent manager also, then had a Russian come in and pay £1m for them to play Real Madrid in a friendly and allow them to blow other League One and then Championship teams out of the water.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 11:50 - Jul 4 with 1006 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 10:57 - Jul 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpools net spend last season was £142m, Man City’s £13m

But yes, they did spend it very well

Nice work, cropping the real situation over a number of years to suit an agenda.

Liverpool spent £160m last season and brought in £30m. Net £130m. The season before they spent £150m and made £140m. The season before they spent £60m and made £70m. So prior to spending some money last season, they had broke even over the two years previous, which is extraordinary in modern football when keeping up with the Jones'.

In 2017-18, Man City spent £270m and recouped £60m. So a net of £210m, well in excess of what Liverpool spent last year. Biggest sale was Inheanacho for £25m. Last year they only spend £10m in total you are correct, offset by selling or releasing 34 players that they had stockpiled!

So in the last two years alone Liverpool have effectively spent £130m to Man City's £220m.

If you make that three years it is Liverpool's £130m to Man City's £370m and they spent big the year before too.

Liverpool's net spend was more last year but is three times LESS than Man City's over the last three seasons.

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 12:00 - Jul 4 with 971 viewsMaySixth

That play-off run papered over a huge amount of cracks in his true management ability

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 12:04 - Jul 4 with 953 viewshoppy

So do they now become Frank Lampard's Chelsea? And do Frank Lampard's Derby now revert to their old name of Derby County FC?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 12:09 - Jul 4 with 935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 11:50 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Nice work, cropping the real situation over a number of years to suit an agenda.

Liverpool spent £160m last season and brought in £30m. Net £130m. The season before they spent £150m and made £140m. The season before they spent £60m and made £70m. So prior to spending some money last season, they had broke even over the two years previous, which is extraordinary in modern football when keeping up with the Jones'.

In 2017-18, Man City spent £270m and recouped £60m. So a net of £210m, well in excess of what Liverpool spent last year. Biggest sale was Inheanacho for £25m. Last year they only spend £10m in total you are correct, offset by selling or releasing 34 players that they had stockpiled!

So in the last two years alone Liverpool have effectively spent £130m to Man City's £220m.

If you make that three years it is Liverpool's £130m to Man City's £370m and they spent big the year before too.

Liverpool's net spend was more last year but is three times LESS than Man City's over the last three seasons.

I thought we were only talking about recent business seeing as your post only noted Man City releasing Vincent Kompany on a free

So anyway, Abu Dhabi FC spending money is bad but American Investment Vehicle FC spending £140m+ to close the gap to the top is fine, yeah?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 12:10 - Jul 4 with 927 viewsSuperblue95

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 09:18 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

So it’s ok to admire Liverpool and Man Utd because they’ve always spent ridiculous sums of money but it’s not ok to admire Chelsea and Man City because they’ve only done it in this century?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 12:11 - Jul 4 with 918 viewsSuperblue95

Lampard to Chelsea confirmed on 12:04 - Jul 4 by hoppy

So do they now become Frank Lampard's Chelsea? And do Frank Lampard's Derby now revert to their old name of Derby County FC?

I think they become “the side formerly known as Frank Lampards Derby County”

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024