Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro suing Derby over FFP breach 22:06 - May 24 with 2214 viewsElderGrizzly

This could get interesting.

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 22:40 - May 24 with 2082 viewsbournemouthblue

It's about time the compliers fight back

The moneybags have spent tonnes on legal fees to stifle and reduce the effects of FFP

It's about time the victims of these effects fight back

Not that Boro are particular paurpers by any means

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 22:47 - May 24 with 2048 viewsMelford

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 22:40 - May 24 by bournemouthblue

The moneybags have spent tonnes on legal fees to stifle and reduce the effects of FFP

They have got a point. Selling your ground to your owner for £80 million is the real-life equivalent of taking over Man City in FM19 and signing Jordan Spence for the same fee and giving yourself free money.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 22:53 - May 24 with 2030 viewsbournemouthblue

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 22:47 - May 24 by Melford

They have got a point. Selling your ground to your owner for £80 million is the real-life equivalent of taking over Man City in FM19 and signing Jordan Spence for the same fee and giving yourself free money.

Indeed, it isn't exactly subtle is it?

I think Man City got a massive sponsorship deal from the company their owners owned?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 23:45 - May 24 with 1898 viewsBent_double

If Boro can do this now, surely it will open the floodgates for others to follow suit?

Could we sue non-FFP compliant teams in the Championship as it (partly) caused our relegation?

This is a can of worms, caused by the inability of the EFL to deal effectively with teams like Derby who have consistently flouted the rules, and now it's going to bite them on the ass.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 00:56 - May 25 with 1801 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's about time the EFL took it seriously so clubs wouldn't have to take the oolicing into their own hands. This is a farcevand embarrassment to the EFL as much as Derby.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 07:10 - May 25 with 1605 viewsBlueBoots

Can't see what defence Derby can put up...if they had sold it to someone other than the owner, they'd have Rule 4.2.1 (profit / loss on disposal of tangible fixed assets) to fall back on.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Derby had the value of their stadium prior to the sale at £41m on a list of assets, so if Boro are suing based on Rule 11.3, they have Derby by the balls; the owner paying £80m for that asset is a pretty blatant attempt to circumvent the FFP...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 08:35 - May 25 with 1370 viewsElephantintheRoom

They can always use Ipswich Town as a legal precedent - with the owner 'buying' the training ground and sponsoring the club.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 08:53 - May 25 with 1300 viewsGeoffSentence

Out of interest, how does this differ from ME buying the training ground and leasing it back?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 09:25 - May 25 with 1214 viewsFramfarmer

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 08:35 - May 25 by ElephantintheRoom

They can always use Ipswich Town as a legal precedent - with the owner 'buying' the training ground and sponsoring the club.

like to see them bothering to sue ME!
Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 09:40 - May 25 with 1169 viewsNo9

Where in the EFL / FA rules does it allow for one club to prosecute another?

Football is getting dafter
Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 09:40 - May 25 with 1169 viewsBent_double

Boro suing Derby over FFP breach on 08:35 - May 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Did ME pay way over the top for them though? If so, then yes you might be right, but I don't think anyone could seriously compare our spending over the last 5 years or so with Derby and conclude that it's an identical situation.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024