Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned 19:43 - May 17 with 2529 viewsgainsboroughblue

we will screw up this world cup.

Senseless batting in the last quarter if an hour. Every third or fourth game, we put in a shocker like this at the most innocuous of times.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 19:46 - May 17 with 2513 viewsWD19

Pre season friendly innit.

2 of the Top 6 sitting the game out.

....and they will probably still win.

I am more worried about the bowling.
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 19:59 - May 17 with 2502 viewsSteve_M

You just put Sky on didn't you??

I think every England fan is well aware that we're likely to be really good but then have this sort of stupid aberration that proves costly. That was annoying though, just a complete lack of composure and reading the match situation - very comfortable - from Butler and Ali.

On the plus side this is going to be a much more entertaining next hour than it might have been.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:03 - May 17 with 2482 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 19:59 - May 17 by Steve_M

I think every England fan is well aware that we're likely to be really good but then have this sort of stupid aberration that proves costly. That was annoying though, just a complete lack of composure and reading the match situation - very comfortable - from Butler and Ali.

On the plus side this is going to be a much more entertaining next hour than it might have been.

I guess the other plus is allowing Denly some time in the middle to see if he is up to it.

And edit. Yes, I did. :(
[Post edited 17 May 2019 20:04]

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:04 - May 17 with 2470 viewsvapour_trail

Off we do screw it up, it’ll definitely be fun watching us screw up.

Dynamite, this team.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:05 - May 17 with 2470 viewsWD19

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:03 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

I guess the other plus is allowing Denly some time in the middle to see if he is up to it.

And edit. Yes, I did. :(
[Post edited 17 May 2019 20:04]

No he isn’t.

....I hope that helps.
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:21 - May 17 with 2441 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:05 - May 17 by WD19

No he isn’t.

....I hope that helps.

I make you possibly right.

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:40 - May 17 with 2419 viewschristiand

We need a game like this to test our mettle. Set for an intriguing finish.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:48 - May 17 with 2405 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:40 - May 17 by christiand

We need a game like this to test our mettle. Set for an intriguing finish.

Good old Pakistan helping out with their trademark comedy fielding.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 21:08 - May 17 with 2372 viewschristiand

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:48 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

That’s how it’s done! 👍

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 21:13 - May 17 with 2364 viewsSteve_M

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 20:48 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

Stokes and Curran were very good too, the former in particular had to hold that together.

Just got a text from a mate saying: Amazing how making hard work of chasing 340 is now seen as average.

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 09:51 - May 18 with 2200 viewsstonojnr

I still think against a side with a decent odi bowling unit, they'll struggle to score as big a runs...all we know is this England team wont hang around at the crease just ticking the scoreboard over waiting to find out if they could grind a victory out
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 09:57 - May 18 with 2194 viewsfloridaboy

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 09:51 - May 18 by stonojnr

I still think against a side with a decent odi bowling unit, they'll struggle to score as big a runs...all we know is this England team wont hang around at the crease just ticking the scoreboard over waiting to find out if they could grind a victory out

They might be favourites for the World Cup but with Smith and Warner back for the Aussies it might not be as straightforward as some pundits think!
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 11:07 - May 18 with 2160 viewsBluefish

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 19:59 - May 17 by Steve_M

All i know is that my head bloody hurts after watching it. Not many better days out than a day at TB

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 11:12 - May 18 with 2147 viewsSteve_M

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 11:07 - May 18 by Bluefish

All i know is that my head bloody hurts after watching it. Not many better days out than a day at TB

Well you had a better day than I had last Summer when England collapsed in a session and then there were no trains running back to London.

Take it you had drunk enough beer to not feel cold.

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 11:13 - May 18 with 2143 viewsBluefish

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 11:12 - May 18 by Steve_M

Well you had a better day than I had last Summer when England collapsed in a session and then there were no trains running back to London.

Take it you had drunk enough beer to not feel cold.

I was there then too. The only bad day I've seen at TB in years. Only noticed the cold in the morning, the free bar certainly helps the consumption

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 11:48 - May 18 with 2110 viewsReuser_is_God

Nah, we’ll be absolutely fine.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 12:08 - May 18 with 2095 viewsgordon

By the way, has anyone got any idea how Joe Denly has got into the squad?
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 12:16 - May 18 with 2086 viewsIpswichKnight

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 12:08 - May 18 by gordon

By the way, has anyone got any idea how Joe Denly has got into the squad?

The cynical amongst us would never mention that Denly and chair of selectors both played for Kent at the same time.
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 12:31 - May 18 with 2070 viewsvilanovablue

We were missing 3 players who will be definite starters. As amazing as it sounds our bowlers did well keeping it to 340 odd which was below par. Finally we saw how deep our batting goes as well as doing well when our batsman were put under pressure. Handy knock for Stokes to get some time in the middle.
Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 05:44 - May 19 with 1965 viewschristiand

Cricket. England showing why I'm concerned on 09:51 - May 18 by stonojnr

Another factor is that the ICC decide on the pitches not the ECB because it is a World Cup.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024