Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some 11:00 - May 9 with 4945 viewsBluedandy

point? Only 28 and already Ed Sheeran is worth £160 million after apparently doubling his wealth in the last year alone.

By the time he's 40 and a billionaire perhaps?

Still would prefer Godolphin to offer ME silly money to shuffle off but you never know the ginger one could become the chosen one.
Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:05 - May 9 with 4191 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:11 - May 9 with 4163 viewsIpswichKnight

If he wants to remain a multi millionaire then he won't touch us with a barge pole.
Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:26 - May 9 with 4113 viewsBobbychase

Not at the minute. It would hoover up more than half his money just to cover the debt and current expenditure

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:28 - May 9 with 4106 viewsmonty_radio

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:11 - May 9 by IpswichKnight

If he wants to remain a multi millionaire then he won't touch us with a barge pole.

One of his own songs should advise him:

"Don't"

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:54 - May 9 with 4034 viewsGlebeTractor

He'd be more likely to buy Framlingham Town & try and get them into the conference etc...

Never know.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:55 - May 9 with 4038 viewsPhilTWTD

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:26 - May 9 by Bobbychase

Not at the minute. It would hoover up more than half his money just to cover the debt and current expenditure

While the gist of your overall point is right - his wealth isn't in the league to take on Town without it disappearing in a matter of months - the debt is never going to be paid back, barring a lengthy stay in the Premier League.
Odds shortening perhaps on 11:57 - May 9 with 4017 viewsDyland

from 100-1 to 99-1.

Only a dunce would bet on Sheeran buying ITFC.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Odds shortening perhaps on 11:59 - May 9 with 4000 viewsPJH

Odds shortening perhaps on 11:57 - May 9 by Dyland

from 100-1 to 99-1.

and given that we once became RKIT there are some horrible possibilities of renaming if Sheeran bought us.
Login to get fewer ads

Odds shortening perhaps on 12:00 - May 9 with 3994 viewschicoazul

Odds shortening perhaps on 11:57 - May 9 by Dyland

from 100-1 to 99-1.

I like that song he does though, the one about a hill or something.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 12:16 - May 9 with 3934 viewsJ2BLUE

Not going to happen.

We literally need someone who has more money than sense and i'm not talking about Fergal who has just been given his weekly £2.50 pocket money. We need a very smart person with even more money who is looking to buy an expensive toy.

Someone on here mentioned Framlingham. That would be a far better bet if he even has any desire to own a club. A fraction of his wealth could set them up big time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 12:33 - May 9 with 3900 viewsBobbychase

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 11:55 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

While the gist of your overall point is right - his wealth isn't in the league to take on Town without it disappearing in a matter of months - the debt is never going to be paid back, barring a lengthy stay in the Premier League.

Oh ye of little faith :-)

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

To be fair... on 13:00 - May 9 with 3835 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

..I get what everyone is saying about his wealth not being enough, but...

...he has more wealth (far far more) than the Sunderland owner for example, so its not beyond the realms of possibility. He also has similar wealth to Steve Gibson of Boro, far more wealth than Delia, similar amount to Kevin McCabe (Sheff Utd), and more wealth than the Burnley owners.

That said, he would be mad to buy us, and wouldn't necessarily be the right owner.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Odds surely shortening on the Bard of Framlingham owning Town at some on 13:42 - May 9 with 3715 viewsNo9

In the football world £160 Mn is peanuts
To be fair... on 13:46 - May 9 with 3694 viewsJ2BLUE

To be fair... on 13:00 - May 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

...he has more wealth (far far more) than the Sunderland owner for example, so its not beyond the realms of possibility. He also has similar wealth to Steve Gibson of Boro, far more wealth than Delia, similar amount to Kevin McCabe (Sheff Utd), and more wealth than the Burnley owners.

That said, he would be mad to buy us, and wouldn't necessarily be the right owner.

How much would you need to be worth before you considered buying town?

Lots on here (not you) talk big but I bet almost no one on here would buy town if they won £200m on Euromillions for example. I think I would need £1bn and even then I would find it hard to justify spending a few hundred million on a football club when that money could help so many people.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odds shortening perhaps on 13:49 - May 9 with 3680 viewsfooters

Odds shortening perhaps on 12:00 - May 9 by chicoazul

I like that song he does though, the one about a hill or something.

Lyrical genius.

That sod's 'music' chased me all over Asia on holiday last year. I'll never forgive him.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

To be fair... on 13:49 - May 9 with 3679 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair... on 13:46 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Lots on here (not you) talk big but I bet almost no one on here would buy town if they won £200m on Euromillions for example. I think I would need £1bn and even then I would find it hard to justify spending a few hundred million on a football club when that money could help so many people.

I agree with you.

Given that you would get no thanks for losing £6m per year of your own money!

...you'd have to be happy to spunk £20m per year to make just some people happy, and you would soon burn through your fortune.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To be fair... on 13:51 - May 9 with 3679 viewsPhilTWTD

To be fair... on 13:00 - May 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

They probably had more before they started running football clubs. Have to admit I thought Steve Gibson would have been richer. Sheffield United have a Saudi investor, although I would guess they're still not the wealthiest. Delia wouldn't have been in a position to prop up Norwich with millions each season had they not gone up this season and Burnley went up before the division got really daft financially.
To be fair... on 13:53 - May 9 with 3662 viewsNo9

The way transfer fees and & what is needed / wanted, £2 bn more like?
To be fair... on 13:53 - May 9 with 3663 viewsPinewoodblue

how much do you think it would cost to buy the club? My guess with be £30m up front provided the debt is written off before hand with a bonus payment of something less than 10% of any TV money, once in the Premier League, for each of the first five years.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

To be fair... on 13:56 - May 9 with 3647 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

To be fair... on 14:02 - May 9 with 3618 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair... on 13:51 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

They probably had more before they started running football clubs. Have to admit I thought Steve Gibson would have been richer. Sheffield United have a Saudi investor, although I would guess they're still not the wealthiest. Delia wouldn't have been in a position to prop up Norwich with millions each season had they not gone up this season and Burnley went up before the division got really daft financially.

Sheffield Utd have gone up on pretty much the same model as us.

I agree that there are mitigating circumstances to some of those examples. But if Ed Sheeran chose to, he could afford to buy us and run is in a similar vein to ME.

To be fair... on 14:02 - May 9 with 3609 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair... on 13:53 - May 9 by Pinewoodblue

how much do you think it would cost to buy the club? My guess with be £30m up front provided the debt is written off before hand with a bonus payment of something less than 10% of any TV money, once in the Premier League, for each of the first five years.

Doesnt sound unrealistic.

To be fair... on 14:04 - May 9 with 3607 viewsNo9

To be fair... on 13:53 - May 9 by Pinewoodblue

What are you buying? There are virtually no assets for sale?
The Council own the ground
To be fair... on 14:12 - May 9 with 3572 viewsPinewoodblue

To be fair... on 14:04 - May 9 by No9

What are you buying? There are virtually no assets for sale?
The Council own the ground

Perhaps I should have worded it differently. How much would you need to offer for Marcus to sell?

The potential value, as an established PL club, has to be taken into consideration.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

To be fair... on 14:17 - May 9 with 3555 viewsGlebeTractor

100% I would not buy Town.

I'd be buying a construction firm and renovating properties / building on one of the huge sites kicking around, selling over inflated cardboard box houses.

Wouldn't waste it on Football.

May clean the North Stand roof though...
[Post edited 9 May 2019 14:22]

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024