Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... 19:36 - Apr 6 with 4696 viewsBLUEBEAT

...unless we miraculously avoid the ‘Big R’

Pump away in League One by all means but you sensed he didn’t really want to do it today, only completing a third of the CFPâ„¢

Poll: W or W

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 19:42 - Apr 6 with 4658 viewsjeera

Yeah, it's not really appropriate atm.

What a relief it must have felt to win a fecking game though.

And to set one up too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 19:45 - Apr 6 with 4645 viewsjas0999

Winning just our fourth game of the season doesn’t really deserve the fist pump. But, arguably appropriate with a superb following of 1,400 at Bolton.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 19:48 - Apr 6 with 4621 viewsEastTownBlue

But I'm sure that those who were at Bolton were asking for Chambers to carry out the fistpump ?
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 20:01 - Apr 6 with 4557 viewstextbackup

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 19:48 - Apr 6 by EastTownBlue

But I'm sure that those who were at Bolton were asking for Chambers to carry out the fistpump ?

takes a special sort of drip to want that all things considered

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:06 - Apr 6 with 4419 viewsBasuco

It was one fist pump, singular and with no enthusiasm, in my opinion the correct level of celebrating a win but not jumping around at all.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:14 - Apr 6 with 4400 viewsevansblue

Chambers is hurting buddy. He is distraught at the situation we are in and embarrassed, I saw him do a Q&A at the Dove a few weeks back and he doesn’t even think he deserves a holiday so that fist pump was for the fans benefit and Nothing else.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:17 - Apr 6 with 4373 viewsMelford

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 19:42 - Apr 6 by jeera

Yeah, it's not really appropriate atm.

What a relief it must have felt to win a fecking game though.

And to set one up too.

I don't mind it, celebrate the win.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:18 - Apr 6 with 4370 viewstextbackup

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:14 - Apr 6 by evansblue

Chambers is hurting buddy. He is distraught at the situation we are in and embarrassed, I saw him do a Q&A at the Dove a few weeks back and he doesn’t even think he deserves a holiday so that fist pump was for the fans benefit and Nothing else.

should be fun to see his face when he gets the player of the year award then

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:20 - Apr 6 with 4353 viewsGlasgowBlue

Quite a few of our support were calling for him up to do it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 22:30 - Apr 6 with 4190 viewsdavblue

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:18 - Apr 6 by textbackup

I think it's a joke that people are voting for him. Hes not been good this year like alot of others, I think he will just find it very embarrasing.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 22:38 - Apr 6 with 4159 viewsartsbossbeard

"Right, we won. What can I find to moan about?"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 23:51 - Apr 6 with 4046 viewsBLUEBEAT

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 22:38 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

"Right, we won. What can I find to moan about?"

You’re tired. Granted.

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 05:28 - Apr 7 with 3943 viewsBenters2

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:20 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Quite a few of our support were calling for him up to do it.

Hope you had a good day buh!

When wins this season are as rare as rocking horse crap,it’s not that bigger deal is it.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 09:45 - Apr 7 with 3800 viewsitfcbam

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:14 - Apr 6 by evansblue

absolutely Chambers is hurting badly. Whatever his critics say he loves this club yet several just want to criticise him all the time. often he is criticised for making errors where he is actually trying to cover for someone else's initial error. Saturday he was outstanding, the level of fist pump was right, the supporters wanted one, it was more of relief to have a win and certainly had no real feel of celebration. Whatever people think he is a top pro and role model to our younger players and they will benefit being around him over the next few seasons regardless of the amount of game time he plays.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 10:58 - Apr 7 with 3724 viewsstrikalite

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 05:28 - Apr 7 by Benters2

Hope you had a good day buh!

When wins this season are as rare as rocking horse crap,it’s not that bigger deal is it.

Good 'ol football fans eh, damned if you do, damned if you don't...
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 22:37 - Apr 7 with 3487 viewscoolcat

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 09:45 - Apr 7 by itfcbam

absolutely Chambers is hurting badly. Whatever his critics say he loves this club yet several just want to criticise him all the time. often he is criticised for making errors where he is actually trying to cover for someone else's initial error. Saturday he was outstanding, the level of fist pump was right, the supporters wanted one, it was more of relief to have a win and certainly had no real feel of celebration. Whatever people think he is a top pro and role model to our younger players and they will benefit being around him over the next few seasons regardless of the amount of game time he plays.

Lot of fans waited around after the match and when Chambers came out all applauded him. First time in ages seen him look genuinely happy. The Club means a lot to him. He had a very good game. During the match one guy in front of me criticised Chambers throughout. When Chambers made a few crucial blocks in the first half, you could see close up how much he was in the thick of it. Both him and Collins were superb. Made a point of shouting it very close to this guy what a superb bit of defending by Chambers. Just think there are some people who aren't happy unless they're having a good moan.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 23:00 - Apr 7 with 3460 viewsMelford

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 22:30 - Apr 6 by davblue

I think it's a joke that people are voting for him. Hes not been good this year like alot of others, I think he will just find it very embarrasing.

It's not for what he's done on the pitch, it's what he's done above and beyond any player's remit, even as a captain this season. When Hurst and Doig had pissed everybody off big time, he was de facto assistant manager, he was the one other players came to and was calling team meetings, I'm sure somebody posted on here that the gruesome twosome didn't watch the games and analysis with the players after matches so they used to do it round Chambers' house instead. In reality he is a limited if very committed, Championship ability centre back whose age is beginning to catch up with him, in any normal season he wouldn't be within a sniff of the award but this is no normal season.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 00:31 - Apr 8 with 3413 viewsBLUEBEAT

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 23:00 - Apr 7 by Melford

It's not for what he's done on the pitch, it's what he's done above and beyond any player's remit, even as a captain this season. When Hurst and Doig had pissed everybody off big time, he was de facto assistant manager, he was the one other players came to and was calling team meetings, I'm sure somebody posted on here that the gruesome twosome didn't watch the games and analysis with the players after matches so they used to do it round Chambers' house instead. In reality he is a limited if very committed, Championship ability centre back whose age is beginning to catch up with him, in any normal season he wouldn't be within a sniff of the award but this is no normal season.

Exactly this.

No player is worthy of the award for achievements on the pitch this season.
Chambers has obviously gone above and beyond the remit of the standard team captain.
I hope he gets the POTY based on this reason alone, which in retrospect will be more important than how things have worked out for him on the pitch this season.
I also hope his coaching career will be at Ipswich.
Just no more fistpumps, OK?

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 00:45 - Apr 8 with 3401 viewsjeera

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:17 - Apr 6 by Melford

I don't mind it, celebrate the win.

No issue with that sentiment whatsoever Chef.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 04:58 - Apr 8 with 3348 viewsBenters2

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 10:58 - Apr 7 by strikalite

Good 'ol football fans eh, damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Funny old lot.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 06:45 - Apr 8 with 3327 viewsEly_Blue

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 21:18 - Apr 6 by textbackup

It will be even more embarrassing when it’s a loaner who has returned to his club due to an ankle operation!

From what I saw as I went round the ground last week the popular support on the ground was for Pennington

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 22:21 - Apr 11 with 3121 viewsdavblue

All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 23:00 - Apr 7 by Melford

I don't see it still. I actually think he would be embarrassed.

Trev and Pennington have been better than him over the season.
All very good today but Chambers should desist from fistpumps... on 20:11 - May 8 with 2816 viewsBLUEBEAT

Hear me now

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/luke-chambers-gives-fist-pump-a-rest-until-form-imp

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024