Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spare a thought for Notts County 23:52 - Apr 27 with 1143 viewsgilo1973

Next week could see the oldest club in the world exit the football league. Notts County are likely to drop out of the league next week ending over 130 years in the league. Whatever troubles we are going through we need to remember that all clubs go through troubles many worse than that what we have endured.
I am a glass half full guy and remember Man City's plight in League 1 and their luck in the play off final. I will be hopeful for Mike Halsey's stop watch next year!

Poll: What price do you think match tickets should start at? (Adult)

Spare a thought for Notts County on 01:17 - Apr 28 with 1073 viewsClapham_Junction

Sheffield FC (who play at the same level as Bury Town and Sudbury) are the oldest club in the world. Notts County's claim is to be the oldest professional club.

Stockport have probably had an even rougher time - today they were promoted back to the Conference today after six(!) seasons stuck in the Conference North.

Yeovil have gone from being a Championship side to non-league in five years...
Spare a thought for Notts County on 01:46 - Apr 28 with 1046 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

I thought Sheffield were the oldest team also but guess Notts County are far more recognized and they've been something of an ever present.

I liked the story that Juventus of Turin got their team colors from the latter when one of their scouts took in a visit there years back and adopted it for their own. Granted people already aware of it but nonetheless it's a fun fact to read up on.
Spare a thought for Notts County on 07:57 - Apr 28 with 929 viewsPendejo

Danger heart break dead ahead.

Are we headed in this direction or bounce back then follow thru? Hopefully the latter.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024