Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? 13:19 - Feb 25 with 8646 viewsPremierBlue

for those of you in the knowing of the youth teams please enlighten. Do we have individuals coming through that look the part?
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 13:44 - Feb 25 with 7167 viewsitfcjoe

Not much between them, I think we've probably got better players coming through in the younger age groups especially.

They've brought through players recently in Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis but they were all signed by the club but Godfrey had played for York's first team and Aarons and Lewis were both nicked from Luton.

But, more generally - both academies are in a good place but they have a better footballing structure linked to the first team so are able to bring though players in a more joine dup way at the moment - that is the big challenge for Lambert, lee O'Neill and whoever else is involved.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:17 - Feb 25 with 7074 viewsPremierBlue

thanks Joe for sharing.

I feel better hearing that. Was worried about the infiltration going on in Suffolk though. I guess we have to establish the right structure again and take back ownership where it counts. Money is an issue though, but I do think Lambert is a man to oversee this part of our restoration.

COYB
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:24 - Feb 25 with 7057 viewsitfcjoe

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:17 - Feb 25 by PremierBlue

thanks Joe for sharing.

I feel better hearing that. Was worried about the infiltration going on in Suffolk though. I guess we have to establish the right structure again and take back ownership where it counts. Money is an issue though, but I do think Lambert is a man to oversee this part of our restoration.

COYB

A lot of what Norwich do in Ipswich is purely money making schemes - your Son can train with |Norwich accredited coaches but it is going to cost you £80 a term, plus £50 for new kit.

They will argue that it extends their scouting and pool of players they are looking at - but realistically if anyone who lives in Ipswich, is going to step up from PDC training sessions into the full academy then it is likely that ITFC will have an advantage to step in at that time.

If my Son was good enough to get into th Norwich academy, and I lived in Ipswich - town fan or not I'd try and get them into the ITFC academy at that point. We should be more worried about them in places like Bury or Cambridge where the travelling times are much smaller than on our doorstep

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:37 - Feb 25 with 7004 viewsPremierBlue

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:24 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

A lot of what Norwich do in Ipswich is purely money making schemes - your Son can train with |Norwich accredited coaches but it is going to cost you £80 a term, plus £50 for new kit.

They will argue that it extends their scouting and pool of players they are looking at - but realistically if anyone who lives in Ipswich, is going to step up from PDC training sessions into the full academy then it is likely that ITFC will have an advantage to step in at that time.

If my Son was good enough to get into th Norwich academy, and I lived in Ipswich - town fan or not I'd try and get them into the ITFC academy at that point. We should be more worried about them in places like Bury or Cambridge where the travelling times are much smaller than on our doorstep

Do they have to get a norwich kit and pay for it? Are they running around with the kit in Ipswich then?

I am certainly not worried about your sons Joe, but others that may be less discerning, and those as you say live not too far from there. Those would be places that are strategically important for ITFC to be present I would say.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:46 - Feb 25 with 6975 viewsitfcjoe

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:37 - Feb 25 by PremierBlue

Do they have to get a norwich kit and pay for it? Are they running around with the kit in Ipswich then?

I am certainly not worried about your sons Joe, but others that may be less discerning, and those as you say live not too far from there. Those would be places that are strategically important for ITFC to be present I would say.

Yep, they have to wear Norwich training kit (I think)

We should have a bigger visibility in the community - that it has been allowed to get to this is very sad.......but I think it is more their visibility and fact they will get more people on side is more of a big deal than stealing players from under our noses at the moment

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:54 - Feb 25 with 6928 viewsWhymarkmariner

You mean they actually have to pay for a kit. Wouldn't be seen dead in that Green and Yellow cr*p. They used to send budgies down the mines, pity the still didn't.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:08 - Feb 25 with 6868 viewsPremierBlue

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:46 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

We should have a bigger visibility in the community - that it has been allowed to get to this is very sad.......but I think it is more their visibility and fact they will get more people on side is more of a big deal than stealing players from under our noses at the moment

norwich kits in Ipswich, hmm, how does that pan out?

It all makes me more angry than sad (and I am usually not a man of temper).

I guess there is a vacuum there, and nature abhors a vacuum to the extent that it can be filled by anything. Need to put down the hoof here on that canary and send them back, otherwise this will undermine us severely me thinks.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:38 - Feb 25 with 6786 viewsSomethingBlue

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:08 - Feb 25 by PremierBlue

norwich kits in Ipswich, hmm, how does that pan out?

It all makes me more angry than sad (and I am usually not a man of temper).

I guess there is a vacuum there, and nature abhors a vacuum to the extent that it can be filled by anything. Need to put down the hoof here on that canary and send them back, otherwise this will undermine us severely me thinks.

Think the club — even up to Lambert, actually — are aware of it so we'll see how they can strike back. Might not be easy, mind.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:49 - Feb 25 with 6748 viewsitfcjoe

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:38 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

Think the club — even up to Lambert, actually — are aware of it so we'll see how they can strike back. Might not be easy, mind.

If they go up as well, the PL brings such exposure - most kids these days seem to support a PL team as well as someone outside - it's bad enough when it is one of the 'Big 6', could easily end up being them for some outside of Ipswich and into Suffolk

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:55 - Feb 25 with 6709 viewsSomethingBlue

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 15:49 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

If they go up as well, the PL brings such exposure - most kids these days seem to support a PL team as well as someone outside - it's bad enough when it is one of the 'Big 6', could easily end up being them for some outside of Ipswich and into Suffolk

Yep, lots of talk within ITFC about winning back a lost generation of fans at the moment but if Norwich go up — and especially if we go down at the same time — what we've seen already will just be the start.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 16:36 - Feb 25 with 6597 viewschicoazul

they run a training course in Sible Hedingham and there a few round Safrron Walden/Haverhill way too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 17:26 - Feb 25 with 6493 viewsHarry_Palmer

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 13:44 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

Not much between them, I think we've probably got better players coming through in the younger age groups especially.

They've brought through players recently in Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis but they were all signed by the club but Godfrey had played for York's first team and Aarons and Lewis were both nicked from Luton.

But, more generally - both academies are in a good place but they have a better footballing structure linked to the first team so are able to bring though players in a more joine dup way at the moment - that is the big challenge for Lambert, lee O'Neill and whoever else is involved.

"Aarons and Lewis were both nicked from Luton"

The problem is we are soon to be a lower division club and will be vulnerable to that lot taking the best players from our academy in the same way, especially if they go up which looks increasingly likely.

It's a thoroughly depressing prospect to be honest.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 17:33 - Feb 25 with 6450 viewsHerbivore

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 17:26 - Feb 25 by Harry_Palmer

"Aarons and Lewis were both nicked from Luton"

The problem is we are soon to be a lower division club and will be vulnerable to that lot taking the best players from our academy in the same way, especially if they go up which looks increasingly likely.

It's a thoroughly depressing prospect to be honest.

We're only going to be two divisions apart for a year at most.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 17:46 - Feb 25 with 6409 viewsPremierBlue

Well, if it is a way to make money -- enter Marcus Evans!
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 19:06 - Feb 25 with 6270 viewsBasuco

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 14:46 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

Leicester run similar schemes and full kit is compulsory after 10 training sessions and it has to be bought from the club shop. I would think the nodge scheme would be the same.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 25 with 6208 views70s_Legend

[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 21:25]
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 19:38 - Feb 25 with 6173 viewsBackToRussia

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 25 by 70s_Legend

Geez, that's a sad story.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 23:18 - Feb 25 with 5907 viewsHARRY10

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 19:38 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

Geez, that's a sad story.

I'm not sure how much money there is to be made in greater scheme of things. But what is certain is that we are seeing a generation of kids growing up with possibly, or even probably, an allegiance to another club. The scum at that !

That will be where the devastating effect kicks in. Five and ten years down the road. At that age following a successful club is all. Every kid will have their favourite big club, something that drops away the older you get. But seeing fans who should be blue not having any allegiance to us is worrying.

Sadly this is all too symtematic of Evans penny pinching. If this only broke even it should still be ran to the max. These are future supporters who we cannot allow to slip through our hands.

Worrying times, indeed.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 23:27 - Feb 25 with 5889 viewsallezlesbleus

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 25 by 70s_Legend

That is shocking to hear and needs to be sorted.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 08:54 - Feb 26 with 5632 viewsSlambo

Wow.

I know Lee O'Neill is reinstating the Community Trust which will hopefully go some way to reintegrating Ipswich back into its own community; he's also said that there are changes afoot, which I guess will increase Ipswich's youth training programmes. Just hope they're substantial and not just token gestures. I mean, if Norwich can colonise Suffolk and Ipswich so thoroughly with a bit of nous and determination, what're they going to do with 120 millions worth of Sky money and the parachute payments after relegation..?! This is is infinitely more destructive than the on-field problems. God, i'm terrified about this...

Seriously, I think you should send this exact post to the Ipswich Star. This needs MAXIMUM exposure. We need to shame the club into making radical and sustained changes to the very core of its operation otherwise we are doomed. I don't think i'm going over the top in saying that...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 09:30 - Feb 26 with 5568 viewsitfcjoe

Thanks for taking the time to post this - sad to read though

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 10:36 - Feb 26 with 5471 viewsmaccyd9

We are well behind in terms of the actual coaching at the academy. Some of the stories I hear are worrying and there really is a rather lax approach to much of what happens.

Even those big reputation coaches you expect to deliver top quality sessions or not anywhere near the standard you'd expect to see. It's all got very complacent.

In terms of recruitment, again, miles behind. Norwich recently played £60k for a 15 year old left back which resulted in their original left back being released....and we took him on.

I don't personally agree with spending large sums on youth prospects but it's happening and we will struggle to keep up.

That and of course the restrictions of where we can sign players from due to our Category status.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 10:43 - Feb 26 with 5454 viewsitfcjoe

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 10:36 - Feb 26 by maccyd9

We are well behind in terms of the actual coaching at the academy. Some of the stories I hear are worrying and there really is a rather lax approach to much of what happens.

Even those big reputation coaches you expect to deliver top quality sessions or not anywhere near the standard you'd expect to see. It's all got very complacent.

In terms of recruitment, again, miles behind. Norwich recently played £60k for a 15 year old left back which resulted in their original left back being released....and we took him on.

I don't personally agree with spending large sums on youth prospects but it's happening and we will struggle to keep up.

That and of course the restrictions of where we can sign players from due to our Category status.

The restrictions of where don't really bother me too much - I think once you start recruiting too widely it brings in it's own host of problems with regards to travel etc.

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 10:49 - Feb 26 with 5411 viewsmaccyd9

Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 10:43 - Feb 26 by itfcjoe

The restrictions of where don't really bother me too much - I think once you start recruiting too widely it brings in it's own host of problems with regards to travel etc.

It may do but there is no denying it reduces the pool of ability significantly.
Are our youth teams alright compared to the scum? on 12:23 - Feb 26 with 5139 viewsLeagueOne

Aren't they a first tier academy club while we're in the second tier? I noticed we're playing the likes of Colchester, Barnsley, Bolton and Crewe. You'd expect us to do okay in that mix.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024