Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mugged by macaques 14:00 - Jan 28 with 402 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/jan/28/mugged-by-macaques-the-urban-monk

I’m not entirely sure why the monkeys should be culled or sterilised. They were there first, seems fair they can do what they like. Never liked KL as a city, didn’t realise the expansion into the forests was a fast as the article highlights.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mugged by macaques on 14:05 - Jan 28 with 396 viewsfooters

Unfortunately your first line is explained by your last. The Malaysian government is so heavy-handed with these things that they would probably see sterilisation as the only logical conclusion. Must also remember that there are some ethnic Chinese in Malaysia who eat monkey brains, my friend's elderly father being one.

It's undoubtedly what they'll end up doing, but monkeys are generally a consequence of building a city in a rainforest!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 14:06]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mugged by macaques on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 385 viewsSteve_M

Also in animal news today:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/28/three-year-old-boy-missing-in-wo

Which seems slightly odd.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mugged by macaques on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 385 viewsStokieBlue

Mugged by macaques on 14:05 - Jan 28 by footers

Unfortunately your first line is explained by your last. The Malaysian government is so heavy-handed with these things that they would probably see sterilisation as the only logical conclusion. Must also remember that there are some ethnic Chinese in Malaysia who eat monkey brains, my friend's elderly father being one.

It's undoubtedly what they'll end up doing, but monkeys are generally a consequence of building a city in a rainforest!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 14:06]

Eating brains is always a bad idea, prion diseases can’t be eliminated by cooking.

Agree on all your points.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mugged by macaques on 14:09 - Jan 28 with 377 viewsfooters

Mugged by macaques on 14:07 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

Eating brains is always a bad idea, prion diseases can’t be eliminated by cooking.

Agree on all your points.

SB

I believe they're mainly eaten raw, which is probably even worse. But I've seen the special tables set aside for this in certain places to eat (more shacks than restaurants) in Asia. There's a sort of clamp in the middle and a large blade which swings around to chop off the top of its head before people tuck in.

Absolutely disgusting.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024