Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. 14:44 - Jan 23 with 4649 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/jan/23/brexit-latest-news-develop
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:49 - Jan 23 with 3335 viewsgiant_stow

goodness!

Its all getting a bit coupy.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:53 - Jan 23 with 3316 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:49 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

goodness!

Its all getting a bit coupy.

He's seeing his hard Brexit go down the drain and is now worried that we won't get Brexit at all. For this reason he, along with his ERG mates will swing behind a slightly tweaked May deal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:54 - Jan 23 with 3317 viewsElderGrizzly

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:53 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

He's seeing his hard Brexit go down the drain and is now worried that we won't get Brexit at all. For this reason he, along with his ERG mates will swing behind a slightly tweaked May deal.

He’s indeed a desperate man. I wonder how much he and those that fund him lose if this is delayed or worse still reversed?
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:59 - Jan 23 with 3300 viewsChampionship

Rees-Mogg says Brexit will be “a rebirth, a retaking of control”, to establish a new politics for a generation.

We will take back control, he says. “And Yvette Cooper will not stop us.”

Hehe.
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:02 - Jan 23 with 3289 viewsgiant_stow

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:53 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

So place your bets on May's deal afterall you reckon? I'm only getting my news from twtd today, so I expect a high quality assessment!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:07 - Jan 23 with 3271 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:02 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

So place your bets on May's deal afterall you reckon? I'm only getting my news from twtd today, so I expect a high quality assessment!

It's looking likely.

Iron Lion Zion

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:11 - Jan 23 with 3262 viewsgiant_stow

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:07 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

It's looking likely.

chuckle - concise! ta. What about the backstop? The DUP / others to swallow it?

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:12 - Jan 23 with 3261 viewsChampionship

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:02 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

I think she will be forced to agree to a referendum on her deal versus remain in order to get the votes.
Login to get fewer ads

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:14 - Jan 23 with 3253 viewsgiant_stow

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:12 - Jan 23 by Championship

I think she will be forced to agree to a referendum on her deal versus remain in order to get the votes.

interesting thought. ta.

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 3228 viewsChampionship

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:14 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

interesting thought. ta.

You have to think that eventually she runs out of options and time. Parliament ruling out no deal means there has to be some sort of action. The easiest option is extending article 50 by a month or two and putting her deal up versus remain. It also allows her to say she fought until the end but her hand was forced. It gives the people a choice between Brexit and no Brexit. Saves face on all sides and gets the ERG to support her deal after their initial fuss.

May will go down as the PM who fought for democracy against the plotters but was forced into a second referendum.
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:34 - Jan 23 with 3197 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:12 - Jan 23 by Championship

I think she has given up on getting cross party support so is going for her own MP's plus the DUP minus around 15 of her own MP's who want a second referendum plus 15 Labour MP's who are against a second referendum.

Mp's who want a second referendum seem to be bottling putting this down as an amendment as they know that they don't have the numbers.

Iron Lion Zion

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:36 - Jan 23 with 3186 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:11 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

chuckle - concise! ta. What about the backstop? The DUP / others to swallow it?

Time limit on the backstop.

She can get a deal through parliament and then go back to the EU and say that this is the only deal that she could get a majority for.

The ball is then back in the EU's court.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 15:36]

Iron Lion Zion

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:37 - Jan 23 with 3182 viewsElderGrizzly

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:36 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Time limit on the backstop.

She can get a deal through parliament and then go back to the EU and say that this is the only deal that she could get a majority for.

The ball is then back in the EU's court.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 15:36]

And the EU have indicated they will say no?

This will end with an extension and a new leader of the Tory party within 3 months
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 3164 viewsChampionship

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:37 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

And the EU have indicated they will say no?

This will end with an extension and a new leader of the Tory party within 3 months

Who though? There is no one who can unite them.
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:32 - Jan 23 with 3018 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:43 - Jan 23 by Championship

Who though? There is no one who can unite them.

Bercow?
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:35 - Jan 23 with 3011 viewsChampionship

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:32 - Jan 23 by DavidDymondSuperfan

Bercow?

So no one then.
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 2992 viewsjjblue84

He’s right, you cannot bargain without a no deal, everyone knows that!
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 2991 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 15:21 - Jan 23 by Championship

You have to think that eventually she runs out of options and time. Parliament ruling out no deal means there has to be some sort of action. The easiest option is extending article 50 by a month or two and putting her deal up versus remain. It also allows her to say she fought until the end but her hand was forced. It gives the people a choice between Brexit and no Brexit. Saves face on all sides and gets the ERG to support her deal after their initial fuss.

May will go down as the PM who fought for democracy against the plotters but was forced into a second referendum.

The chances of a second referendum has taken a big blow over the last couple of days.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/22/labour-frontbenchers-warn-of-op

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/22/campaigners-claim-people-want-se

Iron Lion Zion

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:44 - Jan 23 with 2991 viewsANNA3ROA

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 14:59 - Jan 23 by Championship

Rees-Mogg says Brexit will be “a rebirth, a retaking of control”, to establish a new politics for a generation.

We will take back control, he says. “And Yvette Cooper will not stop us.”

Hehe.

Yvette Cooper should be sent to the TOWER.
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 22:10 - Jan 23 with 2931 viewsChampionship

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:44 - Jan 23 by ANNA3ROA

Yvette Cooper should be sent to the TOWER.

Why?
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 22:13 - Jan 23 with 2919 viewsm14_blue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 22:10 - Jan 23 by Championship

Why?

ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 22:36 - Jan 23 with 2875 viewsRyorry

That sounds a bit Trump-ish. Any other similarities?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 23:26 - Jan 23 with 2836 viewstractordownsouth

Ah, the old " we voted to give parliament more control, but don't want to give it a vote on the Brexit deal" classic.

Mr Rees Mogg showing his fascist tendencies again there.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 23:41 - Jan 23 with 2821 viewsjjblue84

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 23:26 - Jan 23 by tractordownsouth

Ah, the old " we voted to give parliament more control, but don't want to give it a vote on the Brexit deal" classic.

Mr Rees Mogg showing his fascist tendencies again there.

What is Fascism, can it be defined?
Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 23:55 - Jan 23 with 2801 viewsPinewoodblue

Rees-Mogg wanting to shut down Parliament now so he gets his own way.. on 20:43 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

The chances of a second referendum has taken a big blow over the last couple of days.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/22/labour-frontbenchers-warn-of-op

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/22/campaigners-claim-people-want-se

Ever since Corbyn said he would back it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024