Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2019 - No New Hope. 17:49 - Jan 1 with 361 viewsDeepBlueSomething

I decided not to make the 250 mile round trip today for the first time in 15 years and am mighty pleased that I didn't waste my time. What a dreadful thing to say by an Ipswich supporter of 50 years but the truth is I'm struggling to put into words how I feel. Despondent covers it.

The whole place has been rotten from the top down for ages and we all keen to point the finger of blame at someone.

Evans is the obvious target - he has invested little since he was fleeced by Keane but is ultimately to blame for the precarious position we find ourselves in. But we must understand that to him the club just a business and like most businessmen he isn't going to invest in something unless it's his passion. It isn't and so he doesn't. It's a false economy so why would any sane person support a flailing and failing business. It doesn't make sense.In our current guise we are offering little and to Evans this whole business is not sustainable.

We can also look at the manager who has had 10 games to prove his worth. Well, for those that think that PL is the messiah then I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken. PL is no better than PH - no track record of consequence and quite frankly appears to be another waste of space. He can front up Evans with all of his Scottish bravado but you can give him 6 new players or even 16 new players and the results will be the same. His win ratio has never been above 50% anywhere and he's had a few jobs!

Finally what about the players. When you bastardise your team then this is what you get. We as fans understand the logic and many a supporter has highlighted that losing Garner/Didz/Waghorn was a disaster. Decent strikers at this level but they've gone and we must move on. The problem here is what we are left with. We don't have much depth and what is at at our disposal doesn't inspire. A few inexperienced kids, a couple of has beens and a pile of never will be's. A lot of us were guilty of thinking that youth was the way forward but we also need cool heads and experience to balance and guide. It's non existent. There is effort on occasions but no cohesion, a total lack of commitment and no confidence. The pups as cited by so many are way out of their depth at this level and despite the alleged never say die attitude it's just false vocabulary.

We still pay the wages but I'm left to wonder if the the bully boys that lynched MM are still wearing those rose tinted glasses? One thing is for sure they must prefer lower league football because that is what we will be watching next season.

I'd love to offer a solution that doesn't encompass the obvious - foreign owner/massive cash injection but can't. Battered bruised but not beaten... yet. Any ideas?

2019 - No New Hope. on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 320 viewsgt81

Put the whole squad up for sale. Team needs a rebuild from top to bottom. Keep the youngsters and move all the deadwood out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024