Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to see that as 2pts dropped 17:16 - Dec 22 with 5733 viewsMullet

Even with 12 men for far too much of the game, they were far too well drilled to take lightly. Pennington and Duffy seemed to be sharing a set of studs and it might have cost us, especially had the ref bought any more from his diving. No idea how he is such a good midfielder with his hand clamped to his shin all game.

Felt that was much better from Nolan. Far more came off for him than Andre who had a game like a talented kid. Ward didn’t get enough done bar that nice roulade straight into a defender.

Our first goal was never going to be given the ref had a look on his face like he was dying to give a foul. Was it off the ball? He missed two on Gerken later which was annoying.

Great goal for us though. His very first run in with Basham got him, running him down into the line. It was getting him unsettled that opened them up. Harrison doesn’t look like an instinctive finisher but the direction from him and sears to orchestrate that was wonderful. Still not convinced by Edwards’s play, his crossing wasn’t clever enough for me.

The blunts seem to have that niggly style in their DNA they look much closer to their 90s incarnation than we do, but their equaliser was very clever. Like WBA a deep cross did us, but I’m looking at our CBs again, who else but sharp is gonna score from six yards? To lose him was gonna cost us.

How did Norwood stay on? Would love him here still and have done since his Coventry days, but he levelled Dozzell early doors and that hack on trev looked a straight red, was it?

Think lambert will be happy enough with a lot of it out there, we did enough against much better opposition this week. Chalobah really pleased me today, if he carries on getting better at this rate he will drag us along when we need it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:23 - Dec 22 with 5643 viewsHerbivore

That ref was utterly horrendous. Hard to call if he was worse than the one last week, he might just be on the basis of bottling a couple of fairly big calls as opposed to just being generally crap and reffing only for the team higher in the table.

Decent point in the end as we were under the kosh a bit first half. Would have loved us to nick it but I'll take the point pretty happily.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:31 - Dec 22 with 5596 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:23 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

That ref was utterly horrendous. Hard to call if he was worse than the one last week, he might just be on the basis of bottling a couple of fairly big calls as opposed to just being generally crap and reffing only for the team higher in the table.

Decent point in the end as we were under the kosh a bit first half. Would have loved us to nick it but I'll take the point pretty happily.

Scraping the barrel with match officials at the moment. Utterly dreadful again today. They have both been vertically challenged. Little man syndrome.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:36 - Dec 22 with 5549 viewsHerbivore

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:31 - Dec 22 by StochesStotasBlewe

Scraping the barrel with match officials at the moment. Utterly dreadful again today. They have both been vertically challenged. Little man syndrome.

I'm starting to think there's an equation with refs that can't really be refuted.

a + b = c

Where a = a short arse
b = bald
c = crap

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:42 - Dec 22 with 5519 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 17:36 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

I'm starting to think there's an equation with refs that can't really be refuted.

a + b = c

Where a = a short arse
b = bald
c = crap

Perfect.
Add in that they both looked like Charlie Drake & you have A B C D.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 5359 viewsMullet

I thought he was poor for both sides because he was so inconsistent, but he did seem to buy everything from them for long periods.

There was a corner in the second half where the Lino just guessed, there was no way he could see through so bodies as to where the ball landed on either man before going out which probably didn’t help him much when close calls came in.

We got away with some dodgy misses especially by Sharp, but Spence turned one away at the back post magnificently when we might have seen him get a second. What we’d give for a striker like him today, someone who just eats up chance after chance like that will score more weeks than not.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:31 - Dec 22 with 5343 viewschristiand

Certainly a point gained, Sheffield United look a very good side to me and have the quality, confidence and composure to challenge for a top 6 finish. If someone offered me the point before the game, I'd have snapped their arm off. I was content with the point at the final whistle too!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:34 - Dec 22 with 5326 viewsMullet

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:31 - Dec 22 by christiand

Certainly a point gained, Sheffield United look a very good side to me and have the quality, confidence and composure to challenge for a top 6 finish. If someone offered me the point before the game, I'd have snapped their arm off. I was content with the point at the final whistle too!!

That’s true, but having seen how say Rotherham got back into their home game against them, I was a bit disappointed we lacked the sh1thousery necessary to nick a goal from a set piece.

I’d like to see Nolan and Dozzell taking long shots against a team like that, especially with a keeper who thinks he’s a South American cult hero in the 90’s.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:44 - Dec 22 with 5280 viewschristiand

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:34 - Dec 22 by Mullet

That’s true, but having seen how say Rotherham got back into their home game against them, I was a bit disappointed we lacked the sh1thousery necessary to nick a goal from a set piece.

I’d like to see Nolan and Dozzell taking long shots against a team like that, especially with a keeper who thinks he’s a South American cult hero in the 90’s.

It is what it is. We got a deserved point, the way The Blades played in the opening 30 minutes I thought it was going to be a long afternoon. Accept it Mullet, move on and hope that PL can get a couple of quality additions to our squad in January. We're looking better, but still need a bit more to get out of this mire.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:51 - Dec 22 with 5248 viewsStokieBlue

It's a good result for us they bossed the first half and parts of the second so to get a point is excellent.

Totally agree on Edwards and I thought Nolan linked things up pretty nicely.

It's not teams in the top 6 that we need to beat, a point of them is fine. It's the teams at the bottom we need to make sure we beat and I think with the improvements we have seen that we will.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 19:16 - Dec 22 with 5183 viewsMullet

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 18:51 - Dec 22 by StokieBlue

It's a good result for us they bossed the first half and parts of the second so to get a point is excellent.

Totally agree on Edwards and I thought Nolan linked things up pretty nicely.

It's not teams in the top 6 that we need to beat, a point of them is fine. It's the teams at the bottom we need to make sure we beat and I think with the improvements we have seen that we will.

SB

True, and I’d much rather take Sharp’s equaliser than their late freekick sneaking in etc.

I do feel oddly confident about going to Boro, and even more so now. It feels like we will climb away from relegation this week more than ever and that gap being chipped away at before the window is a big psychological boost. If it remains at 4pts or even closes more before January the 1st I can see us really going at anyone each week and expecting something.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:49 - Dec 22 with 5039 viewsartsbossbeard

Disagree, thought he got the big decisions spot on.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:50 - Dec 22 with 5027 viewsMullet

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:49 - Dec 22 by artsbossbeard

What happened with the “sending off” which wasn’t then? From Churchmans looked like he kicked Trev from behind, but couldn’t be sure. Did you see it better?

He also let them take a couple of free kick and about a dozen throws further forward which really rankled.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:53 - Dec 22 with 5011 viewsartsbossbeard

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:50 - Dec 22 by Mullet

What happened with the “sending off” which wasn’t then? From Churchmans looked like he kicked Trev from behind, but couldn’t be sure. Did you see it better?

He also let them take a couple of free kick and about a dozen throws further forward which really rankled.

Just a bit of handbags and Shalamar making a big thing of it all.

free kicks: I may have missed this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:01 - Dec 23 with 4764 viewsHerbivore

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:49 - Dec 22 by artsbossbeard

Nah. Chalobah's booking was a joke and their guy should have gone for sticking Chalobah up in the air off the ball, it was a red all day long. He missed a few bits, gave some bits that weren't, counted a generous 10 yards for their free kicks but didn't do the same for us (often he didn't pace it out at all). He was crap.

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:22 - Dec 23 with 4724 viewstractorboy1978

There is no doubt we've come a long way. We look like we can scrap out a result now, more solid defensively and a bit more of a plan going forwards.

For me, a RB is absolutely essential in the window. Their full backs were head and shoulders above ours yesterday, comfortable in position, solid defensively and got forward to good effect. If we are looking to sign a Gestede type in January then we need to be delivering quality into the box and the full backs are a huge part of that.

We also need to get more bodies into the box and in and around Harrison (or whoever the front man is).
Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:24 - Dec 23 with 4718 viewstextbackup

the ref was awful for them too, lets not just pretend it was just us getting the sht decisions

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:44 - Dec 23 with 4685 viewsbluefunk

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 20:53 - Dec 22 by artsbossbeard

Just a bit of handbags and Shalamar making a big thing of it all.

free kicks: I may have missed this.

So not a red for a forearm smash to Chalobahs neck and a knee into his back? Off the ball and in obvious retaliation for the previous tackle. That was just the most obvious of the refs peculiar decision making which applied to both sides
Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:56 - Dec 23 with 4647 viewsTractorWood

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:44 - Dec 23 by bluefunk

So not a red for a forearm smash to Chalobahs neck and a knee into his back? Off the ball and in obvious retaliation for the previous tackle. That was just the most obvious of the refs peculiar decision making which applied to both sides

Ref got most things wrong but it luckily didn't really affect the outcome of the game.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:01 - Dec 23 with 4560 viewsStowTractorBoy

The Referee yesterday Andy Woolmer was the worst we have had all season not just for yesterdays display but also his dreadful performance in our home match with Preston where he was just as bad. He appears to enjoy controversy and I just hope his referee assessment by the powers that be reflect what most of us thought of him.
Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:05 - Dec 23 with 4550 viewsHerbivore

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 10:24 - Dec 23 by textbackup

the ref was awful for them too, lets not just pretend it was just us getting the sht decisions

Such as?

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:09 - Dec 23 with 4537 viewstextbackup

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:05 - Dec 23 by Herbivore

Such as?

first half alone he gave us 2 goal kicks that should have been corners. he didn't book bambi on ice (spence) for having an entire fist full of shirt whilst dragging their man to the floor.
those are the ones that stood out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:19 - Dec 23 with 4518 viewspatrickswell

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:05 - Dec 23 by Herbivore

Such as?

Indeed. There was perhaps one swallow dive by Edwards when we were trying to break out under heavy pressure that I was surprised that he bought. Set against that, I recall three incidents of Harrison being dragged to the ground, once by his throat which resulted either in no decision and in one case a free kick against him when we defending our goal-line.
He was awful.
Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:20 - Dec 23 with 4517 viewsjonbull88

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:09 - Dec 23 by textbackup

first half alone he gave us 2 goal kicks that should have been corners. he didn't book bambi on ice (spence) for having an entire fist full of shirt whilst dragging their man to the floor.

Don’t worry about that mate he gave them a throw in right in front of me when the ball deflected of mcgoldrick clear as day when chambers went to clear the ball. For me he gave town nothing for 35mins in the first half. Should have been red for off the ball retaliation as well.
Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 23:13 - Dec 23 with 4375 viewsHerbivore

Hard to see that as 2pts dropped on 12:09 - Dec 23 by textbackup

Spence deserved a yellow card. Otherwise it's hard to argue they didn't get the rub of it with his decisions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024