Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iain Lee... 20:55 - Dec 20 with 1162 viewsFunge

... I thought this was pretty beautiful.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/dec/20/talkradio-host-iain-lee-sui
Iain Lee... on 21:30 - Dec 20 with 1115 viewsmatteoblue

That couldn't have been easy, it must have been quite a dramatic radio programme at the time and thank goodness that he was found. Hopefully he gets the help he needs. I have to say I can't help but notice how many more incidents regarding mental health problems there are in the news. There's people on the streets going out of their mind, there was a multiple stabbing in Tower Hamlets only yesterday, I hear constant reports of the police having to deal with issues, the hospitals seem to be struggling to cope (as well as an already overburdened NHS). Does anyone else notice that it seems to be the worst they've ever noticed? I don't know what's causing it. I know times are tough for a lot of people, but there must be a lot of stress seeping into many more parts of society that it hasn't got to before. I read the other day that there's a staggering number of people on anti-depressants, millions of people every year. It just never seems to get any better, in fact I'm sure that it's worse than it's ever been. Surely with medical advances we should be at a time where there is less people with these issues?

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Iain Lee... on 21:49 - Dec 20 with 1075 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Iain Lee... on 21:30 - Dec 20 by matteoblue

That couldn't have been easy, it must have been quite a dramatic radio programme at the time and thank goodness that he was found. Hopefully he gets the help he needs. I have to say I can't help but notice how many more incidents regarding mental health problems there are in the news. There's people on the streets going out of their mind, there was a multiple stabbing in Tower Hamlets only yesterday, I hear constant reports of the police having to deal with issues, the hospitals seem to be struggling to cope (as well as an already overburdened NHS). Does anyone else notice that it seems to be the worst they've ever noticed? I don't know what's causing it. I know times are tough for a lot of people, but there must be a lot of stress seeping into many more parts of society that it hasn't got to before. I read the other day that there's a staggering number of people on anti-depressants, millions of people every year. It just never seems to get any better, in fact I'm sure that it's worse than it's ever been. Surely with medical advances we should be at a time where there is less people with these issues?

I think it is reported on a lot more, and people are more open about it.

Whether it is an increasing problem? I'm not sure.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Iain Lee... on 22:01 - Dec 20 with 1049 viewsFunge

Iain Lee... on 21:49 - Dec 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Curious one, innit?

It's always been there; except nowadays people are (gradually) becoming more willing to talk about it. Bllody good job, too.

Kinda difficult to quantify whether it's increasing or not.

Anyway, I used to think Iain Lee was a tool; now I don't.
Iain Lee... on 00:46 - Dec 21 with 961 viewsBlueBadger

Iain Lee... on 21:49 - Dec 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

It totally is.
NHS mental health services have seen consistent real-terms funding cuts since 2010. On top of that, a lot of community outreach projects for vulnerable people of all stripes were council funded. Local councils have been particularly hard hit since 2010 by austerity measures. A lot of government policy has actively made life more difficult for a lot of people from school children(with the Tories taking the Labour obsession with league tables and competition to a mania) to housing policy(there's no obligation to build affordable housing anywhere now, under planning regulations) to employment law(you can be on zero-hours contract, work 12 hours a week but be entitled to nothing), health policy in general(the 2012 health and social care act 2012 obliges most services to be up for tender meaning, at best, endless insecurity for service provider and users), to public transport(again, cuts to local councils mean less subsidies for transport meaning more difficulty accessing increasingly-centralised services) to Brexit fuelling and encouraging idiots(dickheads from government level down posturing about how terrible foreigners are and won't it be great when they're gone leading to an exodus of experienced staff and an inability to recruit a time of global shortage) and finally education policy itself placing a narrow emphasis on 'you will know These Facts And These Facts Only. You won't have the skills to interpret what These Facts mean but you must know These Facts. Oh and you must achieve this mark by the way or you're f*cked').

And also, there's more awareness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Iain Lee... on 00:48 - Dec 21 with 959 viewsBlueBadger

Iain Lee... on 22:01 - Dec 20 by Funge

Curious one, innit?

It's always been there; except nowadays people are (gradually) becoming more willing to talk about it. Bllody good job, too.

Kinda difficult to quantify whether it's increasing or not.

Anyway, I used to think Iain Lee was a tool; now I don't.

Long story short(see previous rant) It's always been here, but there's a toxic stew of entirely avoidable bullsh*t going down right down that DOESN'T BLOODY HELP.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024