Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? 11:23 - Dec 13 with 1795 viewsurbanblue

Just finished it! Blimey ... How on earth they haven't been granted at the very least another trial is beyond me!

Don't understand why the Holbech family doesn't want answers ... Surely with all the suss evidence they would want to know the truth of what happened?
Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 11:39 - Dec 13 with 1756 viewsitfc24

This is it isnt it, working on the assumption that the family have seen both series, you would think they would want answers. They must know the real killer(s) are still at large and probably living in the local community.
Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 11:50 - Dec 13 with 1729 viewsHerbivore

My only word of caution is that the series have provided a very one sided view and the first series in particular excluded some key evidence as it didn't fit the narrative.

That being said, how Brandon is still in jail is an absolute mystery. The appeal judges are mooks (4 of them anyway). I don't see how they could conclude that his confession was legit. At the end of the first season I still felt that it was probable that Steve Avery was the killer even if there was doubt. After the most recent series I am pretty sure he wasn't and there is certainly more than enough doubt that a retrial is a must.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 11:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 12:03 - Dec 13 with 1703 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I haven't seen the second series yet but just finished the first. I think the fact the jury went in, 7 believing he was innocent but then found him guilty, but not on the second count(somehow) speaks volumes. Can't wait to start the second! How they can accept Brandons confession as legitimate is beyond me.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 12:11 - Dec 13 with 1687 viewsurbanblue

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 11:50 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

My only word of caution is that the series have provided a very one sided view and the first series in particular excluded some key evidence as it didn't fit the narrative.

That being said, how Brandon is still in jail is an absolute mystery. The appeal judges are mooks (4 of them anyway). I don't see how they could conclude that his confession was legit. At the end of the first season I still felt that it was probable that Steve Avery was the killer even if there was doubt. After the most recent series I am pretty sure he wasn't and there is certainly more than enough doubt that a retrial is a must.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 11:57]

Yes, I realised that certainly the first season was a little one sided and fitted an agenda but this latest one has me convinced that this is a massive miscarriage of justice. The evidence that Kathleen Zellner came up with especially in the case of the bullet and DNA levels was just so compelling that it really left no doubt that something is very, very wrong here. That's without going into all the cover ups re Bobby Dassey and movement of bones and the like.

On saying that I felt the recreation of the body being thrown in the car was very melodramatic and felt contrived.

I feel they It;s going to be a long haul for them ... The case is now so big that the State aren't going to budge at all. The loss of face and fingers of accusation will run deep. Very sad and as I said in the OP i just don't understand where the Holbech family fit in all this with what appears to be the blind acceptance that the State have got it right!
Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 12:19 - Dec 13 with 1670 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 12:11 - Dec 13 by urbanblue

Yes, I realised that certainly the first season was a little one sided and fitted an agenda but this latest one has me convinced that this is a massive miscarriage of justice. The evidence that Kathleen Zellner came up with especially in the case of the bullet and DNA levels was just so compelling that it really left no doubt that something is very, very wrong here. That's without going into all the cover ups re Bobby Dassey and movement of bones and the like.

On saying that I felt the recreation of the body being thrown in the car was very melodramatic and felt contrived.

I feel they It;s going to be a long haul for them ... The case is now so big that the State aren't going to budge at all. The loss of face and fingers of accusation will run deep. Very sad and as I said in the OP i just don't understand where the Holbech family fit in all this with what appears to be the blind acceptance that the State have got it right!

You could see that in the first one, the brother in particular was utterly convinced it was Steven so i don't think he cares that much.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 12:57 - Dec 13 with 1597 viewsHerbivore

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 12:11 - Dec 13 by urbanblue

I'm pretty sure for Brandon he has now exhausted all avenues hasn't he? That's an utter outrage to me. He was 16 and, to put it nicely, a bit slow. There's no way that confession should have been admissible as evidence and it was literally the only evidence against him, nothing forensic whatsoever.

Steven Avery has a very long road ahead but his lawyer looks like she wants to be able to present everything and offer such a compelling rebuttal of the evidence alongside credible evidence that someone else is responsible that the opportunity for it to be dismissed is minimised.

It's a disgrace though, there are several people within the police force and justice department in Milwaukee that should be in prison for what went on with this case.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has Season 2 of 'Making a Murderer' been discussed on here? on 13:12 - Dec 14 with 1447 viewsBOjK

I was pretty disappointed with season 2. It wasn't nearly as interesting as season 1.

Anyway ... Brandon should clearly not be in jail. His conviction seems a scandal. He had the great misfortune to be (i) simple and (ii) given dreadful advice by a lawyer who made Lionel Hutz look like a heavyweight.

As for Avery it is much harder to judge, but it does look really suspicious. Clearly some of the evidence against him was fabricated, and that isn't a good look for the prosecution.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024