Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. 12:40 - Nov 1 with 1449 viewsrozeeboy

Nottingham Forest have had 19 managers since Brian Clough retired in 1993. Town have had 17 in their entire professional existence.
No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:44 - Nov 1 with 1417 viewsbritbiker

I wonder what Watfords list is like as they seem to change even if the manager has done OK.
No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:46 - Nov 1 with 1389 viewsfooters

And to think three of those were Keane, Jewell and Hurst.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:46 - Nov 1 with 1384 viewswkj

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:44 - Nov 1 by britbiker

I wonder what Watfords list is like as they seem to change even if the manager has done OK.

Im curious at what Blackburn's turnover was like before and after venkys. Im sure Mogga will be fired soon for not being 1st in the league.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:48 - Nov 1 with 1366 viewsSuperblue95

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:44 - Nov 1 by britbiker

They had 4 managers the year they got promoted and then started the following season with a different manager again

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:52 - Nov 1 with 1340 viewsWeWereZombies

Leeds have had 24 (but three of those have been Neil Redfearn).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:57 - Nov 1 with 1315 viewsRadlett_blue

Watford's model is completely different. The owners, the Pozzos, have long had their own global scouting network. The still own Udinses as well as Watofrd & used to own Granada (sold in 2016). Hence the Watford manager (actually called "First Team coach") is seen as interchangeable & often doesn't last more than a year. However, their model has continuity & they don't keep turning over their squad & style of play. They have also pretty much given up on the once highly successful Watford academy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:58 - Nov 1 with 1312 viewsPJH

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:52 - Nov 1 by WeWereZombies

Leeds have had 24 (but three of those have been Neil Redfearn).

and two of them Steve Evans???
No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 1285 viewsWeWereZombies

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 12:58 - Nov 1 by PJH

and two of them Steve Evans???

The Wikipedia list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_F.C.

only has him down once. Maybe the eyeliner (his, not yours) is making you see double?

But 17 managers in 68 years and then 24 managerial changes in 31 years!

Login to get fewer ads

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 13:06 - Nov 1 with 1272 viewsPJH

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 13:04 - Nov 1 by WeWereZombies

The Wikipedia list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_F.C.

only has him down once. Maybe the eyeliner (his, not yours) is making you see double?

But 17 managers in 68 years and then 24 managerial changes in 31 years!

It had meant to be a reference to his size.

I know that he only had one stint as their manager.
No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 14:05 - Nov 1 with 1177 viewsWeWereZombies

No wonder Town fans are not used to quick management changes. on 13:06 - Nov 1 by PJH

It had meant to be a reference to his size.

I know that he only had one stint as their manager.

Ah, too subtle for me I'm afraid.

But there's an idea for a rainy day thread, which managers have endured greatest weight loss / gain under the stress of the job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024