Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried 18:54 - Sep 22 with 1234 viewsGarv

Just a few thoughts.

I don't get Donacien not playing. We proved on Tuesday we aren't completely reliant on Walters (we are to an extent!) and he was a doubt already, so one of our best players so far when he's played, should have played. A chance to get a settled back four, would have just taken a decision between Pennington and Nsiala which a manger should be able to make.

As someone else has said I think, it's worrying that Skuse was probably our most positive/threatening midfielder today in terms of driving forward. Nolan was always in an advanced position but has no ability to skip past a man and play a good pass or have a shot. I hate to look back but I wish we'd got Windass either instead of or in addition to Nolan.

Jackson was dangerous first half (was that not a penalty?) but after going a man down obviously they got deeper and he had less space, and like Harrison can't really hold it up.

My biggest annoyance is our abysmal set pieces. Absolutely shocking and when things aren't clicking in open play it's infuriating when we can't deliver a good ball. I don't care who had the final say or even if he asked to leave, selling Waghorn looks an awful decision.

Same old story. Quality isn't there. Even Edwards is struggling to provide a real killer cross or ball, or is it that people aren't getting in the right positions? I don't know. I wish we'd gone a bit more long ball in the last few minutes. The whistle went while we were playing it around in midfield.

Hurst has a job on his hands. Radio Suffolk seemed to be surprised that he didn't admit to being more worried post match which I didn't understand. Why is he going to admit to being seriously worried even if he is?

He still needs time. We're not binning our new manager after 10 games. We all say give it 10 games and we'll see how we are, but that doesn't mean if we're not doing well we should automatically sack the manager.

I don't know what the answer is, no one does. But he needs something because it doesn't look good right now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 1170 viewsipswich93

Starting to have that nothingness feeling back again me the constant chop changing ain’t helping we’ve gambled on to many lower league signings and sadly that’s not payed off . Biggest disappointment for me is I was hoping to have some of our promising youngesters involved this season rather than been shipped out on loan etc I reckon they’d of done s better job

Where do we go from here can’t see where anything positive is gonna come from defence is decent but attack is all huff and puff with nothing there can quite easily see another 10 games without s win sadly
Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:06 - Sep 22 with 1144 viewsGarv

Also, thought Chambers was our best player today. Fantastic performance.

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:07 - Sep 22 with 1122 viewschristiand

I think Garv, if you are not worried currently - as a Town fan - I'd have to question your allegiance or you're in complete denial of the situation!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 19:08]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:08 - Sep 22 with 1110 viewspointofblue

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:07 - Sep 22 by christiand

I think Garv, if you are not worried currently - as a Town fan - I'd have to question your allegiance or you're in complete denial of the situation!

Though worried doesn't necessary equal sack the manager at this stage.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:09 - Sep 22 with 1104 viewsipswich93

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:06 - Sep 22 by Garv

Yeah funnily enough I think defence side of things most solid we’ve been in ages but attack Jesus Christ poorest we’ve been in ages like I say all huff and puff without blowing the house down type side we are .
Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:10 - Sep 22 with 1078 viewsbrogansnose

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:06 - Sep 22 by Garv

He held it together on Tuesday too during that atrocious first half.
Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:12 - Sep 22 with 1060 viewschristiand

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:08 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Though worried doesn't necessary equal sack the manager at this stage.

He's shown me enough already that he's not the man to take us forwards. There should be green-shoots of encouragement and optimism, even though we are a new team trying to be a collective unit. There simply isn't any indicators, if anything we're getting worse as each game goes by.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 19:13]

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:13 - Sep 22 with 1047 viewsGarv

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:07 - Sep 22 by christiand

Don't know what you're saying because I've admitted to being worried. Can I be worried but also not in favour of sacking the manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:14 - Sep 22 with 1034 viewspointofblue

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:12 - Sep 22 by christiand

He's shown me enough already that he's not the man to take us forwards. There should be green-shoots of encouragement and optimism, even though we are a new team trying to be a collective unit. There simply isn't any indicators, if anything we're getting worse as each game goes by.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 19:13]

I thought the Brentford second half was one of the best performances of the season but I admit Hull last weekend and today are worrying. But we have enough about us to pull us around and up; we just need that bit of confidence a win will bring.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:17 - Sep 22 with 1015 viewschristiand

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:13 - Sep 22 by Garv

Don't know what you're saying because I've admitted to being worried. Can I be worried but also not in favour of sacking the manager?

What I'm saying is aimed at those still suggesting more time is needed for things to gel, we'll be alright, not you personally Garv. There's enough evidence already both on and off the pitch that things aren't right and the way we are playing is a huge concern. Any Town fan should be worried because if we carry on the way we are going playing our football in League One is a real possibility next season.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 19:51]

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:24 - Sep 22 with 964 viewschristiand

Trying to stay positive without denying I'm worried on 19:14 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

I thought the Brentford second half was one of the best performances of the season but I admit Hull last weekend and today are worrying. But we have enough about us to pull us around and up; we just need that bit of confidence a win will bring.

The first half was woeful though against Brentford, it was like watching a Sunday league side. Credit where it is due, second half was improved; if we couldn't improve on that first half showing then that would've been a worry, the players showed some professional pride. There's been too many displays that have left me scratching my head this season and the standard of the football, it's just aimless punts forward now ala MM, very one dimensional and predictable!!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 19:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024