Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion ? 18:04 - Sep 15 with 448 viewsHARRY10

fter such high hopes pre season it looks like the way we might leave this league is out through the trap door to the one below.

Yes it is early days but I am not seeing any progress that suggests that the rub if the green has been against us and will change. We have to vary the match day squad to suit who we are playing but this doesn't seem that at the moment. It looks more like pre season games where we are looking at different lines ups etc. That should be sorted by know.

So who is to blame ? Did Hurst spend the incoming transfer fees and saved wages on who he wanted, or was that budget constrained by Evans yet again ?

By all means develop lower league players, but also have the ability to turn in a decent performance against teams like Hull. If we 'were all over' a team but lost, well that is how it goes at times. But instead we are looking woeful, like an end of season team with little to be gained or won.

And developing players is not having them sat on the bench. If they are not up to playing and improving why sign them ?

I just hope Hurst can prove many of us wrong.
Promotion ? on 18:17 - Sep 15 with 422 viewsRegencyBlue

This season was always about survival whilst Hurst came up to speed with Championship football. If anyone thought we would be troubling the top six then they were just deluding themselves frankly!

Having said that I didn’t expect results to be this bad, this soon. We have to turn this around sooner rather than later or relegation could be a distinct possibility.
Promotion ? on 18:31 - Sep 15 with 372 viewsHARRY10

Promotion ? on 18:17 - Sep 15 by RegencyBlue

This season was always about survival whilst Hurst came up to speed with Championship football. If anyone thought we would be troubling the top six then they were just deluding themselves frankly!

Having said that I didn’t expect results to be this bad, this soon. We have to turn this around sooner rather than later or relegation could be a distinct possibility.

Whilst it is too early to talk about relegation what we don't need to is to spend any length of time close to the bottom - just as we are getting the fans back.

I don't think the ST numbers have increased much from last season so the bigger gates are down to casual tickets, which can fall away at the drop of a hat.

Whatever the reason for new signings to be sat on the bench it did not work. And Brentford are perhaps the last club we need to be playing next'

oh woe is us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024