Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drat 21:44 - Aug 21 with 721 viewsjudespiveyg

Wasn't a bad first half, second half wasn't great. Looked like a deflected first so not much to say about that but Christ, poor, poor keeping from Bart on the second. I agree that two up top could work and could be tested, with Skuse or maybe Chalobah dropping out. We need a win soon, we don't want to start like we did under Keane.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Drat on 21:47 - Aug 21 with 685 viewsBenno1960

an uppy simply for the use of the word "Drat"
Drat on 21:51 - Aug 21 with 667 viewsRadlett_blue

The second half had pretty much the same pattern as the first until Derby scored a belter after a set piece. 2nd goal, again after a dead ball, was a killer as Derby then could take their time & control the game.
Mick would say "our keeper's had to pick the ball out of the net twice & had nothing else to do all game". Sorry, but that's Championship football.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:51]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Drat on 21:59 - Aug 21 with 627 viewsmr_bean

Drat on 21:51 - Aug 21 by Radlett_blue

The second half had pretty much the same pattern as the first until Derby scored a belter after a set piece. 2nd goal, again after a dead ball, was a killer as Derby then could take their time & control the game.
Mick would say "our keeper's had to pick the ball out of the net twice & had nothing else to do all game". Sorry, but that's Championship football.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:51]

Very true.

That "belter" was actually a wicked deflection.

Overall, I'd say 2-0 flatters Derby. I know we didn't create much, but they really weren't anything special.
Drat on 22:05 - Aug 21 with 588 viewsgt81

Drat on 21:59 - Aug 21 by mr_bean

Very true.

That "belter" was actually a wicked deflection.

Overall, I'd say 2-0 flatters Derby. I know we didn't create much, but they really weren't anything special.

Trouble is, Derby were nothing special but neither were we.

However Hurst sees his system working in his head, I'm not seeing much of it on the pitch. We haven't been hugely outplayed in any of our games but we need goals and sharpish.
Drat on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 552 viewsmr_bean

Drat on 22:05 - Aug 21 by gt81

Trouble is, Derby were nothing special but neither were we.

However Hurst sees his system working in his head, I'm not seeing much of it on the pitch. We haven't been hugely outplayed in any of our games but we need goals and sharpish.

We've definitely not been outplayed in games.

Although we didn't create many chances tonight, I can see the logic in playing one up front away from home against the likes of Derby. I can't see the logic in persisting with it at home though.

On the plus side, our general team play looks much more cohesive to me than it did last year. Much less in the way of aimless long punts, and Hurst does at least seem to be trying to play the game in the right way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024