Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel sorry for Tilt 13:05 - Aug 7 with 1789 viewsbontcho

He’s 27. I realise he’s out of contract next year but you kinda feel this is his chance really.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:38 - Aug 7 with 1530 viewsWestcountryblue

Part of me thinks we should offer them the extra 200—300k they want and be done with it. After all, we haven’t really replaced Berra and Smith.

Then again, the Oyston’s are odious people to do business with and you can understand Marcus Evan’s reluctantance to give into their demands. Tilt is a quality player from what Blackpool fans have said but 1m is a little steep for a player who has only played 1 season in the football league.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 13:40]
Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:41 - Aug 7 with 1455 viewsbontcho

Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:38 - Aug 7 by Westcountryblue

Part of me thinks we should offer them the extra 200—300k they want and be done with it. After all, we haven’t really replaced Berra and Smith.

Then again, the Oyston’s are odious people to do business with and you can understand Marcus Evan’s reluctantance to give into their demands. Tilt is a quality player from what Blackpool fans have said but 1m is a little steep for a player who has only played 1 season in the football league.

In the end if we think he’s only worth 700k then that’s it. No deal unless they come crawling on Thursday. My hunch is we’ll up our bid for him or Jackson, but probably as the expense of the other deal. If that’s the case I suspect it would be Jackson as that need seems greater. We might be able to do both if Garner goes that that seems a lot of work in 50 hours.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:56 - Aug 7 with 1332 viewsWestcountryblue

Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:41 - Aug 7 by bontcho

In the end if we think he’s only worth 700k then that’s it. No deal unless they come crawling on Thursday. My hunch is we’ll up our bid for him or Jackson, but probably as the expense of the other deal. If that’s the case I suspect it would be Jackson as that need seems greater. We might be able to do both if Garner goes that that seems a lot of work in 50 hours.

The deal has been in the offing for a while now, so the paper work would be ready, he'd just need to do his medical and agree terms.

Personally, I think both are a must. An injury to Chambers or Nsiala would leave us short at CB. We need 4 CBs with Woolfenden acting as cover/gaining experience.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 14:05]
Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 1286 viewsVic

Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:56 - Aug 7 by Westcountryblue

The deal has been in the offing for a while now, so the paper work would be ready, he'd just need to do his medical and agree terms.

Personally, I think both are a must. An injury to Chambers or Nsiala would leave us short at CB. We need 4 CBs with Woolfenden acting as cover/gaining experience.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 14:05]

Don't forget that Jonas, Chalobah and the lad from Accrington can all also fill in at CB if necessary. In my books a forward is much more important.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:03 - Aug 7 with 1245 viewspabloisgod

Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:00 - Aug 7 by Vic

Don't forget that Jonas, Chalobah and the lad from Accrington can all also fill in at CB if necessary. In my books a forward is much more important.

Ideally we don't want to really see Jonas, Spence, Donacien or Chalobah at CB.

We need round pegs in round holes throughout the team
Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:07 - Aug 7 with 1183 viewsWestcountryblue

Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:03 - Aug 7 by pabloisgod

Ideally we don't want to really see Jonas, Spence, Donacien or Chalobah at CB.

We need round pegs in round holes throughout the team

One last push, get these 4 deals over the line and we'd have good depth across the squad...maybe enough to surprise a few people and achieve a top half finish. There might also be funds for a decent premiership loanee once the window has closed.
Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:09 - Aug 7 with 1152 viewsflimflam

Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:00 - Aug 7 by Vic

Not sure I want to see Donacien at Centre back anytime soon as the difference between him there and at right back was night and day.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:09 - Aug 7 with 1151 viewsfloridaboy

I find it strange that Derby have not announced the signing of Waghorn. Maybe that deal is holding everything up. Medical issue maybe.

Maybe just maybe Middlesboro have upped their offer and his wage demands and we have accepted what they are prepared to pay.

Just feel it should have been done and dusted by now especially as the two Shrewsbury boys were in town yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Feel sorry for Tilt on 14:35 - Aug 7 with 990 viewsbraveblue

Feel sorry for Tilt on 13:38 - Aug 7 by Westcountryblue

Alternative is having one ( yes one ) recognised centre back. Only Evans would consider that to save a couple of quid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024