Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn and THIS fee for him 08:48 - Aug 6 with 1728 viewsMetal_Hacker

Does it really matter to us if the fee isn't what WE quite expect ? (going rates,goals and assists last season,comparison made to other sales etc)

Surely the nett result being PH gets the players/team he wants to create HIS team and style is primary here ?

It won't affect my pocket in the short term .

How else can we afford to do it with our budget ?

Get over it and trust the man

Poll: If it were one or the other

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 08:50 - Aug 6 with 1691 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 08:56 - Aug 6 with 1661 viewstextbackup

Exactly.

If we get a few good enough to bring in 2/3 men Hirst wants them happy days, it’s only ME that gets hit finically as he’ll need to stick in another mill or two to balance the books

Think people get excited by the big fees even tho they moan about money killing the game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:03 - Aug 6 with 1616 viewsJimmyJazz

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 08:56 - Aug 6 by textbackup

Exactly.

If we get a few good enough to bring in 2/3 men Hirst wants them happy days, it’s only ME that gets hit finically as he’ll need to stick in another mill or two to balance the books

Think people get excited by the big fees even tho they moan about money killing the game

Yes, 5 million or 8 million - do you think the transfer budget given to Hurst would be that much different? 8 million and ME sees an opportunity to put less of his own money in this year.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:04 - Aug 6 with 1605 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:03 - Aug 6 by JimmyJazz

Yes, 5 million or 8 million - do you think the transfer budget given to Hurst would be that much different? 8 million and ME sees an opportunity to put less of his own money in this year.

Which is, of course, fair enough.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:07 - Aug 6 with 1587 viewstextbackup

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:04 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Which is, of course, fair enough.

And he specifically said he’d not change stance on spending in his interview, so he hasn’t lied, or made false promises

Let’s just hope we get these 2/3 over the line ASAP

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1580 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:07 - Aug 6 by textbackup

And he specifically said he’d not change stance on spending in his interview, so he hasn’t lied, or made false promises

Let’s just hope we get these 2/3 over the line ASAP

The more I look back on that interview back in May (?), the more I think Hurst was his first and only real choice.

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:11 - Aug 6 with 1563 viewsGuthrum

People get a little obsessed with profit and loss, maximising assets, thereby losing focus on the fact that the sole purpose of a football club is to run the most effective team possible.

If we want to sell Waghorn in order to fund new hirings, we only have four more days to do it. There are good deals on the table. If the club turns them down in search of perfection, things might not happen at all*.

Given it's not about an overall reduced fee, but the balance between down payment and add-ons, this is fine tuning, not a fundamentally bad deal.

* I'd like to see us keep Waghorn, but not necessarily at the cost of stunting overall team development.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:19 - Aug 6 with 1526 viewsCurrie10

If we get in the players we want, the fee for Waghorn is utterly academic.

However, IF we sell him and the other deals collapse / we play cheap ball ie Tilt won't put down an extra £300k to snap him up then we'll have a bloody uphill task this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 09:25 - Aug 6 with 1506 viewsBueller

Exactly.

Would be no point waiting for more money to come a day or so before the window closes and then we struggle to make signings and end up with nothing. Whatever the fee is, I am sure it should set us up to secure the targets PH is after. However I do not think we should be held to ransom with the price on Tilt.
Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 1421 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. Plus it's 5-8 million depending on clauses that shouldn't be too far beyond the realms of possibility.

I've also seen reports that it's 5 million upfront which would be fantastic if true as it gives Hurst immediate room to manoeuvre now and in January. (Although that may be people confusing initial with upfront).

But all-in-all it's about what we expected. And as you say the most important thing is it gives necessary millions to Hurst if he's going to make his most important changes sooner rather than later.

Pronouns: He/Him

I posted similar last night (n/t) on 11:05 - Aug 6 with 1404 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Waghorn and THIS fee for him on 11:17 - Aug 6 with 1351 viewsWickets

I suppose you might be able to tell us just what the add-ons are ? in due course Phil.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024