Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner bid 09:53 - Aug 4 with 795 viewsWestcountryblue

Anything north of 500k, I think we should accept. He’s a good striker at this level, but I thought his mobility was lacking at times last season and he seems to be carrying quite a few niggling injuries, which is perhaps predictable for a player who is now 30.

With the money, I’d love us to up bids on Tilt, Jackson, Nolan and Nsiala and push them over the line. I think securing these 4 is absolutely essential. First and foremost we need Tilt and Nsiala as we are woefully short at CB and Chamber is 33 years old now. Jackson should also be treated as a replacement for Garner, not Waghorn. With the amount of money brought in this summer and cutting of the wage bill, we should be able to keep Waggy and bring in these 4...however this is very much down to 1.ME’s ambition and 2. What PH might wish to do in January. If we can however sign these 4 and keep Waggy, I think we will have the depth and quality to surprise a few people this season, with the likes of Bish, Huws and Rowe still to return !

Garner bid on 10:00 - Aug 4 with 762 viewsRozz

I don't think any of above will join without Waghorn leaving, which I expect to happen early next week. I think Waghorn deal is done in principle (we have offers, holding out for highest bidder) and also think Nsiala & Nolan deals are tied up pending Waghorn's departure.

Tilt & Nsiala + 1 other striker are priority for me. Don't know enough about Jackson to determine whether he's worth the fee being quoted, but the fact his price keeps climbing to me says Waghorn is done, we've got a pot of money, and everyone knows it.

Agree re Garner.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 10:04]
Garner bid on 10:02 - Aug 4 with 755 viewsArnieM

Garner bid on 10:00 - Aug 4 by Rozz

I don't think any of above will join without Waghorn leaving, which I expect to happen early next week. I think Waghorn deal is done in principle (we have offers, holding out for highest bidder) and also think Nsiala & Nolan deals are tied up pending Waghorn's departure.

Tilt & Nsiala + 1 other striker are priority for me. Don't know enough about Jackson to determine whether he's worth the fee being quoted, but the fact his price keeps climbing to me says Waghorn is done, we've got a pot of money, and everyone knows it.

Agree re Garner.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 10:04]

Agree, and in turn the Clubs that we are negotiating with for incoming players know we have a lot of money comin* in and want a slice of it. Fair doos really!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024