Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" 15:39 - May 9 with 2558 viewsgtsb

Sounds like Butcher, Osman et al were not averse to a few good parties.
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=s54nDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT156&lpg=PT156&dq=ipswich+t
[Post edited 9 May 2018 15:44]
Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking on 15:53 - May 9 with 2493 viewsSWGF

"I don't get diseases....I only give them. Needless to say, I had the last laugh"

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:00 - May 9 with 2473 viewsLord_Lucan

Back in the day (and before I realised how close they were) I saw Butcher and Mariner - and possibly Osman in The Salutation before a Regent gig, they were wearing tour tee shirts of Gillan or Deep Purple - or something like that. Butcher stood out as a typical head banger complete with studded leather jacket.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:05 - May 9 with 2436 viewsgtsb

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:00 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

Back in the day (and before I realised how close they were) I saw Butcher and Mariner - and possibly Osman in The Salutation before a Regent gig, they were wearing tour tee shirts of Gillan or Deep Purple - or something like that. Butcher stood out as a typical head banger complete with studded leather jacket.

That would've been Gillan.
Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:05 - May 9 with 2438 viewsPendejo

I seem to remember an article in Kerrang in the 80s that featured Gillan's love of football complete with action shots.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:08 - May 9 with 2421 viewsgood_at_COD

Yes, he knew Russell so well he couldn’t spell his surname.

Giggsy

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:40 - May 9 with 2379 viewsBluespeed225

Mariners influence on Butcher! SBR told him to get of the bus and change when he turned up in a Madness ‘Fcuk art ,ets dance’ tee shirt!
Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking "heroes" on 16:42 - May 9 with 2369 viewsBluespeed225

The barge bit ended with Gillan in the wet dock according to Butcher!
Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking on 17:17 - May 9 with 2295 viewsNBVJohn

I recall Butcher and Mariner being on stage with Gillan at the Gaumont (now the Regent) doing backing vocals, clearly the worse for wear.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking on 18:36 - May 9 with 2219 viewsblueislander

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking on 17:17 - May 9 by NBVJohn

I recall Butcher and Mariner being on stage with Gillan at the Gaumont (now the Regent) doing backing vocals, clearly the worse for wear.

Mariner was Gillan's big mate.
Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking on 19:21 - May 9 with 2166 viewsLord_Lucan

Ian Gillan and his Ipswich drinking on 18:36 - May 9 by blueislander

Mariner was Gillan's big mate.

Mariner always looked like rock star, Butcher, er, didn't.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024