Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching The Championship... 21:31 - Apr 14 with 2491 viewsKuqicoo

Anyone else expecting the usual patronising "be careful what you wish for' quote when we come up for discussion?
Watching The Championship... on 21:46 - Apr 14 with 2444 viewsshamboy

Yes there will be some double-edged comment, without doubt.
Watching The Championship... on 21:58 - Apr 14 with 2398 viewsm14_blue

Watching The Championship... on 21:46 - Apr 14 by shamboy

Yes there will be some double-edged comment, without doubt.

Was there?
Watching The Championship... on 22:13 - Apr 14 with 2352 viewsKuqicoo

Well I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe the pundits have moved on. I'll be happy to never ever hear that quote again!
Watching The Championship... on 22:15 - Apr 14 with 2343 viewsOxford_Blue

The reason it’s repeated is because objectively it’s what the football commentators and former players think. We are a struggling club with no money and have hounded out a manager who saved us from relegation, got us in the play offs and in the meantime had to sell all his best players and put up with frankly hysterical abuse from some fans.

That’s why.

We could quite easily get relgated now. Morale and confidence is shot to pieces, many of the fans are at war with the management and there is no one lined up to replace MM. Who would want the job?

Be careful what you wish for.
Watching The Championship... on 22:30 - Apr 14 with 2307 viewsKuqicoo

Watching The Championship... on 22:15 - Apr 14 by Oxford_Blue

The reason it’s repeated is because objectively it’s what the football commentators and former players think. We are a struggling club with no money and have hounded out a manager who saved us from relegation, got us in the play offs and in the meantime had to sell all his best players and put up with frankly hysterical abuse from some fans.

That’s why.

We could quite easily get relgated now. Morale and confidence is shot to pieces, many of the fans are at war with the management and there is no one lined up to replace MM. Who would want the job?

I'm not going to try to debate with you. You seem to think so little of our club, I'm amazed you bother.

You seemingly want us to fail. I find that strange. But hey I'm optimistic now. It might go wrong..but it might go right.

Cheer up mate
Watching The Championship... on 22:58 - Apr 14 with 2227 viewsOxford_Blue

Watching The Championship... on 22:30 - Apr 14 by Kuqicoo

I'm not going to try to debate with you. You seem to think so little of our club, I'm amazed you bother.

You seemingly want us to fail. I find that strange. But hey I'm optimistic now. It might go wrong..but it might go right.

Cheer up mate

You’re responding with emotion, not logic. You’ve not engaged with any of the points.

I never said I wanted the club to fail.

It’s true that morale is low and given the club has been in he same division for 17 years, and almost relegated in the past, it is not unlikely that it could happen again.

All the things below regarding MM are true.

Wake up, mate.
Watching The Championship... on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 2196 viewsCoastalblue

That’s why.

I'm not sure we're struggling, we're just a run of the mill championship club?

Mick did save us, but some time ago now, and it appears his formula will work to keep us around where we are whilst slowly losing the fan base.

I've no idea why you think morale and confidence is hot to pieces? I see no evidence for that? Player generally accept managers and players move on, the same as they themselves do at times.

Who would want the job? I'd probably agree with you, except there seems to be no lack of candidates, some quite credible.

Big respect to Mick for what he did, but we need to try a new approach, we might regret it, equally we might wonder why it didn't happen sooner.

None of us know how this will play out, personally I don't see us getting relegated and think the most likely scenario is we continue about where we are, with Evans providing just enough nourishment to maintain that. Hopefully it will be a bit more entertaining though.

At this moment though all we have are opinions, and we all know what they are like....

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Watching The Championship... on 23:10 - Apr 14 with 2191 viewsKuqicoo

Watching The Championship... on 22:58 - Apr 14 by Oxford_Blue

You’re responding with emotion, not logic. You’ve not engaged with any of the points.

It’s true that morale is low and given the club has been in he same division for 17 years, and almost relegated in the past, it is not unlikely that it could happen again.

Wake up, mate.

Haha. I'm wide awake thanks 😊
Login to get fewer ads

Watching The Championship... on 23:32 - Apr 14 with 2151 viewsDarth_Koont

Watching The Championship... on 22:30 - Apr 14 by Kuqicoo

Cheer up mate

To be honest, he's pretty accurate.

We've got a lot to be positive about with the kids and the basic foundation of our team but even today was an example of how an expensive, crap team can beat us. Becoming a dominant team in this division is possible but still a stretch.

Whoever takes over needs some leeway because midtable should be the expectation and anything else a bonus.

Pronouns: He/Him

Watching The Championship... on 23:39 - Apr 14 with 2133 viewsSimonds92

Wake up, mate.

Have a day off mate!
Watching The Championship... on 00:05 - Apr 15 with 2085 viewsKuqicoo

Watching The Championship... on 23:32 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

To be honest, he's pretty accurate.

We've got a lot to be positive about with the kids and the basic foundation of our team but even today was an example of how an expensive, crap team can beat us. Becoming a dominant team in this division is possible but still a stretch.

Whoever takes over needs some leeway because midtable should be the expectation and anything else a bonus.

We have got some positives. And I feel we need to all pull together. I'm well aware everything isn't completely rosy in the world of ITFC, but that irritating and overused quote is negative and bourne out of fear of any change. Something had to change.

I'm actually looking forward to next season. Like i said it may go wrong. But it may work. Who knows. Totally agree that the new manager should get some leeway. I wouldn't be disappointed with mid table myself. I'm realistic and I'm not expecting a miraculous promotion charge.

I do believe we are an attractive club for a (hopefully) young up and coming manager. Thats the direction I hope we go in. And thats what i wish for.
Watching The Championship... on 00:19 - Apr 15 with 2066 viewsJohnny_Boy

That’s why.

Lazy journalism. The newspaper works has been laden with this type of stuff for ages.
Watching The Championship... on 08:08 - Apr 15 with 1920 viewsm14_blue

Wake up, mate.

Being a football fan should be about emotion rather than logic.

I use logic and pragmatism mon-fri, football should just be fun. It really hasn't been for the last couple of years.

I like Mick and always have done but it was quite obviously time for a change for both parties.

We'll be ok. We might improve or we might get worse - that's football - but hopefully it'll be a bit more fun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024