Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? 10:14 - Apr 9 with 4355 viewsMaySixth

He is the much bigger problem rather than McCarthy.

It's an utter shambles.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:15 - Apr 9 with 4345 viewsunbelievablue

Quite an obvious answer.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 10:16]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:32 - Apr 9 with 4297 viewsBasuco

Probably because ME does not pick the team, set tactics or decide when subs come on, his role is to run the club and fill the financial hole due to expenditure exceeding income, which is usually £6 to £8 million per year if my memory is correct.
How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:40 - Apr 9 with 4279 viewsFixed_It

Don't think we have any right to tell him how to spend his money to be honest. We could be in serious trouble without him backing us - and there are a lot more irresponsible owners out there risking the future of their clubs.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:41 - Apr 9 with 4276 viewsunbelievablue

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:32 - Apr 9 by Basuco

Probably because ME does not pick the team, set tactics or decide when subs come on, his role is to run the club and fill the financial hole due to expenditure exceeding income, which is usually £6 to £8 million per year if my memory is correct.

Interestng that you suggest his role is:

a) Run the club - what does that entail then?
b) Fill the financial hole - and stop at that?

Not havinga pop, just interested in this perspective.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

His decisions effectively force..... on 11:00 - Apr 9 with 4237 viewsBloots

....the managers hand in many of the respects you mention though.

Also the targets he sets the manager will dictate his thinking around these points.

Also his decisions around the general running of the club, including facilities in the stadium, communication to fans, pricing etc all add to the general feeling.

You are correct that he doesn't make the substitutions though.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 11:06 - Apr 9 with 4219 viewsrosseden

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:41 - Apr 9 by unbelievablue

in my world.

Running the club - putting the right people and structures in place to ensure the business and playing aspects are both fulfilled and ideally moved forward year on year.

Fill the financial hole - he needs to cover any losses that arise from the decisions he makes based on how he runs the club. Given that any decision he makes, carries a financial implication for him. Thats where his real responsibility lies.

Then i think the third aspect youre alluding to when you say 'stop at that' , is do we think that both of the above are amply covered, and how do they align and interact with one another, and what are better ways of moving the club forward faster. ie Putting more cash in, developing more youth, changing managers / tactics etc, and how do we think he works on that and improves it..... which tbh, in real terms, when considering the top two, is associated, but not actually his legal responsibility in the eyes of companies house / accountants / hmrc and so on. Its only when fans, ME or anyone else for that matter, want more, does it come into question.....
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 11:07]

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 11:16 - Apr 9 with 4180 viewsVeryStableGenius

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 11:06 - Apr 9 by rosseden

in my world.

Running the club - putting the right people and structures in place to ensure the business and playing aspects are both fulfilled and ideally moved forward year on year.

Fill the financial hole - he needs to cover any losses that arise from the decisions he makes based on how he runs the club. Given that any decision he makes, carries a financial implication for him. Thats where his real responsibility lies.

Then i think the third aspect youre alluding to when you say 'stop at that' , is do we think that both of the above are amply covered, and how do they align and interact with one another, and what are better ways of moving the club forward faster. ie Putting more cash in, developing more youth, changing managers / tactics etc, and how do we think he works on that and improves it..... which tbh, in real terms, when considering the top two, is associated, but not actually his legal responsibility in the eyes of companies house / accountants / hmrc and so on. Its only when fans, ME or anyone else for that matter, want more, does it come into question.....
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 11:07]

Yep, for me it is not about why doesn’t he get ‘stick’, but why isn’t he held more accountable. This is caused by a combination of apathy amongst (some) fans and lack of a collective voice. This is a man who doesn’t turn up for the official supporter club meetings. In my view there should be pressure on him for an independent interview during the recruitment process and that the good people of TWTD could initiate this.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 11:17]
How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 11:34 - Apr 9 with 4151 viewsBasuco

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 10:41 - Apr 9 by unbelievablue

The point I was trying to make was that as far as I am aware ME does not in any way interfere with what MM does on the pitch, he may well not actually run the club at all.
Login to get fewer ads

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:17 - Apr 9 with 4094 viewsMaySixth

deluded

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:23 - Apr 9 with 4068 viewsFifeITFC

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:17 - Apr 9 by MaySixth

deluded

Unless you know someone ready to step into ME's place, I think we have other issues to deal with.

That's a "battle" for another time.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:28 - Apr 9 with 4043 viewsBenters2

Erm becuase he isnt always there?
How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:28 - Apr 9 with 4034 viewshype313

And what are you going to do? boo him?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:34 - Apr 9 with 4016 viewsrosseden

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:23 - Apr 9 by FifeITFC

Unless you know someone ready to step into ME's place, I think we have other issues to deal with.

That's a "battle" for another time.

this is what i think, but so many people seem to think Evans Out is an option.... Mick out was always an option, the club pay him to be there. Wheras Evans pays to be there..... im not sure how you get rid of a financial benefactor with out one to replace him.....

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:59 - Apr 9 with 3974 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are a remarkably stable club, more than can be said for the support.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 13:48 - Apr 9 with 3898 viewsBecclesITFC

What's your problem with him?

He invests millions each season.
He doesn't interfere with the team.
He will continue to invest.
We are not breaking any fair play regulations.
He gives mangers time.
The club is stable.
We are not in debt to any creditor.

What is it??
You just want more money???
The club has been stable for..... on 13:53 - Apr 9 with 3881 viewsBloots

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 13:48 - Apr 9 by BecclesITFC

What's your problem with him?

He invests millions each season.
He doesn't interfere with the team.
He will continue to invest.
We are not breaking any fair play regulations.
He gives mangers time.
The club is stable.
We are not in debt to any creditor.

What is it??
You just want more money???

....the last 5 years.

Whether it continues to be, remains to be seen.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 13:58 - Apr 9 with 3868 viewsBecclesITFC

How doesn't Marcus Evans get any stick at the games? on 12:17 - Apr 9 by MaySixth

deluded

Indeed I think it's about 9m.
The club has been stable for..... on 14:19 - Apr 9 with 3840 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The club has been stable for..... on 13:53 - Apr 9 by Bloots

....the last 5 years.

Whether it continues to be, remains to be seen.

So your criticising him for what may or may not happen in future?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nope, I'm criticizing him for..... on 14:36 - Apr 9 with 3807 viewsBloots

The club has been stable for..... on 14:19 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

So your criticising him for what may or may not happen in future?

....the past, the current and the future based on past performance.

I've been very clear on that.

#evansout.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Nope, I'm criticizing him for..... on 15:17 - Apr 9 with 3766 viewsrosseden

Nope, I'm criticizing him for..... on 14:36 - Apr 9 by Bloots

....the past, the current and the future based on past performance.

I've been very clear on that.

#evansout.

who do you think should replace him?

A fit and proper person that.... on 15:23 - Apr 9 with 3756 viewsBloots

Nope, I'm criticizing him for..... on 15:17 - Apr 9 by rosseden

who do you think should replace him?

....is prepared to invest more than the bare minimum required to keep a Football Club in the middle of the Championship.

Someone that has the desire to create a connection between the Football Club and the fans and wider community.

Who this is, I don't know.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

A fit and proper person that.... on 16:03 - Apr 9 with 3724 viewsrosseden

A fit and proper person that.... on 15:23 - Apr 9 by Bloots

....is prepared to invest more than the bare minimum required to keep a Football Club in the middle of the Championship.

Someone that has the desire to create a connection between the Football Club and the fans and wider community.

Who this is, I don't know.

If that person doesnt exist, i mean, youre actively looking and you believe in it, and you cant find it, so then you still want Evans Out? Because, until you can introduce someone to the club who fits that profile, then im struggling to see where its going to go.....

if i put that thought train into something comparable for normal life....

Its like saying youre quitting your job, with no job to go to, on the basis that you think there might be something better out there for you, where you work less and get paid more.

Seems crazy to me. but what do i know......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024