Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing 12:45 - Mar 1 with 4475 viewsimsureazzure

hate crimes to foreign nationals.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/28/eddie-jones-reveals-abuse-england-
I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:51 - Mar 1 with 4450 viewsLord_Lucan

Bloody idiots. I'm impressed with his calmness, he would undoubtedly have been capable of knocking them all out one by one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:53 - Mar 1 with 4441 viewsmonytowbray

Is sports rivalry a new thing? Is this related to nationalism?

If I had a penny for every time I've got stick from a rival fan...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:56 - Mar 1 with 4428 viewsDarth_Koont

Eddie Jones is a great coach but unfortunately he's letting the rugby world down with a lot of his comments before games and sometimes afterwards.

In rugby, respect isn't just a slogan but very much central to the sport for players, referees, coaches and fans. He may be embracing an Aussie toughness and punchiness with his comments and mind games but it doesn't sit well with most people.

In his defence, he doesn't deserve abuse or threatening behaviour (that's not just the same lack of respect, it's obviously much worse) and he was generous in his comments after the game on Saturday. But he's reaping a little of what he sows. None of which is good for the sport.

Pronouns: He/Him

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:58 - Mar 1 with 4408 viewsimsureazzure

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:53 - Mar 1 by monytowbray

It was an ironic OP but hey ho....................
I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 13:02 - Mar 1 with 4381 viewsmonytowbray

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:58 - Mar 1 by imsureazzure

It was an ironic OP but hey ho....................

The correct answer is WHOOOOOSH.

Done me like a cabbage.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 13:21 - Mar 1 with 4313 viewschicoazul

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:56 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

Eddie Jones is a great coach but unfortunately he's letting the rugby world down with a lot of his comments before games and sometimes afterwards.

In rugby, respect isn't just a slogan but very much central to the sport for players, referees, coaches and fans. He may be embracing an Aussie toughness and punchiness with his comments and mind games but it doesn't sit well with most people.

In his defence, he doesn't deserve abuse or threatening behaviour (that's not just the same lack of respect, it's obviously much worse) and he was generous in his comments after the game on Saturday. But he's reaping a little of what he sows. None of which is good for the sport.

Victim blaming. Son I am disappoint.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 13:35 - Mar 1 with 4268 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:56 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

It's all Eddie Jones fault he was abused by pissed up aggressive Jocks. Ok.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 13:37 - Mar 1 with 4291 viewsfarkenhell

You are welcome to put me right, but I don't recall Eddie Jones being particularly antagonistic or disrespectful towards an opposing side or player whilst he has been England's coach?

Other than the tour to Australia perhaps, where he allowed himself to respond to a certain amount of winding up by certain elements in the Aussie press (no shame there!) and managing to get under Michael Cheika's skin.
Login to get fewer ads

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 14:45 - Mar 1 with 4235 viewsDarth_Koont

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 13:37 - Mar 1 by farkenhell

You are welcome to put me right, but I don't recall Eddie Jones being particularly antagonistic or disrespectful towards an opposing side or player whilst he has been England's coach?

Other than the tour to Australia perhaps, where he allowed himself to respond to a certain amount of winding up by certain elements in the Aussie press (no shame there!) and managing to get under Michael Cheika's skin.

I thought his comments re: Patchell ahead of the Wales game for example, were out of order. Nothing that we haven't heard from Mourinho or similar in football but they were classless in terms of the rugby community.

Maybe that's more normal in Australia, I don't know. But I can't remember a Six Nations coach stooping that low before so preferable if we don't go that way.

To his credit, he was uncharacteristically measured before and after the Scotland game. Almost as if someone from the RFU had a word ...

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 14:46 - Mar 1 with 4225 viewsDarth_Koont

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 13:21 - Mar 1 by chicoazul

Victim blaming. Son I am disappoint.

Ignoring what I actually wrote. I'm not surprised.

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:12 - Mar 1 with 4137 viewschicoazul

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 14:46 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

Ignoring what I actually wrote. I'm not surprised.

"reaping a litte of what he sows"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:26 - Mar 1 with 4127 viewsDarth_Koont

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:12 - Mar 1 by chicoazul

"reaping a litte of what he sows"

Do you need a patronising lecture on context? Or can we just imagine it?

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:32 - Mar 1 with 4125 viewschicoazul

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:26 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

Do you need a patronising lecture on context? Or can we just imagine it?

Feel free, I could do with a laugh and my next appointment isnt for half an hour. Will enjoy seeing you row back on this one.

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:54 - Mar 1 with 4097 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:32 - Mar 1 by chicoazul

Feel free, I could do with a laugh and my next appointment isnt for half an hour. Will enjoy seeing you row back on this one.

Scots Nats love to portray themselves as progressives. In reality they are UKip in Kilts and Bonnets.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 16:55 - Mar 1 with 4100 views_

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 12:53 - Mar 1 by monytowbray

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 22:59 - Mar 1 with 4016 viewsDarth_Koont

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:32 - Mar 1 by chicoazul

OK, you need to learn to read things properly. If you can't see the condemnation of the abuse DESPITE the fact that Jones has made himself a target through his own words then you're clearly looking for an angle.

Still rowing on.

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 09:30 - Mar 2 with 3902 viewschicoazul

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 16:54 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

Scots Nats love to portray themselves as progressives. In reality they are UKip in Kilts and Bonnets.

Aye. One of my Facebook mates is a James Hogg reincarnate Scots Nat pro-Remain Rangers supporter and got sooo angry when I asked him to square that circle he threatened to come "stove yir heid in"

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 09:32 - Mar 2 with 3899 viewschicoazul

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 22:59 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

OK, you need to learn to read things properly. If you can't see the condemnation of the abuse DESPITE the fact that Jones has made himself a target through his own words then you're clearly looking for an angle.

Still rowing on.

I think your language is clumsy and that victim blaming is never any part of an excuse for the kind of behaviour witnessed given where that logic can lead, but accept your explanation.

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 09:58 - Mar 2 with 3877 viewsWadeyBlue

Fuk me, i mean, say what you want about the tenets of Scottish Nationalism, dude, at least its an ethos.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

I see the rise in Scottish nationalism is causing on 10:22 - Mar 2 with 3865 viewsnc41

Not sure I agree. A lot of sledging goes on before and during the game. It's part of the game.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 10:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024