Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? 06:54 - Feb 13 with 19658 viewsBenters2

WTF is actually going wrong with this World?
Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 07:11 - Feb 13 with 5896 viewspeterleeblue

And in other news Ipswich drew with Burton on Saturday. Blimey Benters old boy have you just picked up your copy of Saturdays Telegraph?
Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 07:51 - Feb 13 with 5857 viewstextbackup

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, wrong’uns, nonces & scum in many a high profile jobs in this world

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 08:15 - Feb 13 with 5804 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 07:11 - Feb 13 by peterleeblue

And in other news Ipswich drew with Burton on Saturday. Blimey Benters old boy have you just picked up your copy of Saturdays Telegraph?

The aid for sex allegations have only come to light today. This is different to the allegations of paedophilia and prostitution use allegations which surfaced at the tail end of last week and over the weekend.

Back to the op, this is scandalous. It seems Oxfam is rotten from the bottom to top and needs a complete overhaul. As a charity they took their eye off the ball some years ago, becoming more political. Rather than concentrating on eradicating poverty they became obsessed with political messages about wealth equality. The emphasise was more on bashing the rich than helping the poor.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 8:34]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:10 - Feb 13 with 5712 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 08:15 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

The aid for sex allegations have only come to light today. This is different to the allegations of paedophilia and prostitution use allegations which surfaced at the tail end of last week and over the weekend.

Back to the op, this is scandalous. It seems Oxfam is rotten from the bottom to top and needs a complete overhaul. As a charity they took their eye off the ball some years ago, becoming more political. Rather than concentrating on eradicating poverty they became obsessed with political messages about wealth equality. The emphasise was more on bashing the rich than helping the poor.

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:14 - Feb 13 with 5703 viewsWD19

on 09:10 - Feb 13 by _

I would say a lot of it is in the eye of the reader.

https://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressreleases/2017-01-16/just-8-men-own-same-

That said....actually naming the individuals and their worth (albeit a matter of public record anyway) risks crossing over into bashing when it isn't necessary.
on 09:16 - Feb 13 with 5687 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:14 - Feb 13 by WD19

https://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressreleases/2017-01-16/just-8-men-own-same-

That said....actually naming the individuals and their worth (albeit a matter of public record anyway) risks crossing over into bashing when it isn't necessary.

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:18 - Feb 13 with 5682 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:10 - Feb 13 by _

Some good articles that have been published in the specie over the past few years on the subject mate.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/what-oxfam-doesnt-want-you-to-know-global-

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/beware-oxfams-dodgy-statistics-on-wealth-i

Iron Lion Zion

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:19 - Feb 13 with 5682 viewsWD19

on 09:16 - Feb 13 by _

As I just said, a lot of it is in the eye of the reader.

I can see why some would see naming individuals as an attempt to bash/shame said individuals.

Equally I can see why some would see the article as perfectly reasonable.
Login to get fewer ads

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:26 - Feb 13 with 5670 viewsbuoyant

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 08:15 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

Agree..

Working 'alongside' Oxfam in two different regions I witnessed Aid being sold at distribution level. When back in the capital I made a point of writing to and meeting the country director who paid lip service to what I witnessed saying he would investigate, whilst challenging my position to judge as I had only been in the county for 3 months compared to his 11 years "I've even written a tourism guide".... credibility zero!

I would like to point out that there are many good NGO's doing some very good things in all corners of the would, but the two big ones mainly funded by UKAID are more interested in their jobs/income/status and turnover/donor relationships than what's being delivered on the ground.

UTT

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:28 - Feb 13 with 5661 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:19 - Feb 13 by WD19

As I just said, a lot of it is in the eye of the reader.

I can see why some would see naming individuals as an attempt to bash/shame said individuals.

Equally I can see why some would see the article as perfectly reasonable.

The focus on wealth equality does nothing to help get people out of poverty. There has always been wealth inequality. That doesn’t concern me in the slightest.

If people in poverty are getting out of poverty it matters little to them that those at the top are getting richer. Their focus is that they are getting out of poverty.

And of course in a capitalist society rich people will get considerably richer. But as numerous stats used in the arrows linked show global capitalism has lifted people out of poverty at a faster rate than any other time in history.

Iron Lion Zion

on 09:31 - Feb 13 with 5647 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:28 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

The focus on wealth equality does nothing to help get people out of poverty. There has always been wealth inequality. That doesn’t concern me in the slightest.

If people in poverty are getting out of poverty it matters little to them that those at the top are getting richer. Their focus is that they are getting out of poverty.

And of course in a capitalist society rich people will get considerably richer. But as numerous stats used in the arrows linked show global capitalism has lifted people out of poverty at a faster rate than any other time in history.

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:34 - Feb 13 with 5648 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:31 - Feb 13 by _

No not long live the free market. More, what is the best way to take billions of people out of poverty? If somebody can find a better way them I’m on board. But I don’t think a political focus in wealth inequality is the way to achieve that.

But my point is that at some point Oxfam forgot where there priorities laid. And that seems to have donicided with the less than charitable allegations that are now being uncovered.

Iron Lion Zion

on 09:41 - Feb 13 with 5626 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:34 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

No not long live the free market. More, what is the best way to take billions of people out of poverty? If somebody can find a better way them I’m on board. But I don’t think a political focus in wealth inequality is the way to achieve that.

But my point is that at some point Oxfam forgot where there priorities laid. And that seems to have donicided with the less than charitable allegations that are now being uncovered.

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 5618 viewsLord_Lucan

When you think about it this must have been going on since the year dot.

"Would you like to spend the day by the pool with me and have a good drink and meal in exchange for a bit of rumpy pumpy, oh, and I'll buy you some paper and pencils"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 09:49 - Feb 13 with 5610 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:48 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

When you think about it this must have been going on since the year dot.

"Would you like to spend the day by the pool with me and have a good drink and meal in exchange for a bit of rumpy pumpy, oh, and I'll buy you some paper and pencils"

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:58 - Feb 13 with 5590 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:41 - Feb 13 by _

Fair enough.

Iron Lion Zion

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:17 - Feb 13 with 5541 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:14 - Feb 13 by WD19

And the methodology that Oxfam used has been discredited.

https://iea.org.uk/blog/oxfams-global-inequality-statistics-dont-believe-the-ant

Iron Lion Zion

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 5536 viewsNo9

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 09:18 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

Some good articles that have been published in the specie over the past few years on the subject mate.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/what-oxfam-doesnt-want-you-to-know-global-

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/beware-oxfams-dodgy-statistics-on-wealth-i

'The Spectator' Not the most middle if the road publication in the UK- is it?
Given the number of hard right contributors it has from time to time I would think anything published in it is going to have a right wing bias.
You are playing politics again GB
on 10:19 - Feb 13 with 5529 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:17 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

And the methodology that Oxfam used has been discredited.

https://iea.org.uk/blog/oxfams-global-inequality-statistics-dont-believe-the-ant

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 5533 viewsNo9

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 07:51 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, wrong’uns, nonces & scum in many a high profile jobs in this world

It is interesting that when flying to the regions of the world that need help the only people in 'First Class' are charity workers.
Not to mention the size of the villas they get hold of
Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:21 - Feb 13 with 5530 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:18 - Feb 13 by No9

'The Spectator' Not the most middle if the road publication in the UK- is it?
Given the number of hard right contributors it has from time to time I would think anything published in it is going to have a right wing bias.
You are playing politics again GB

Oh please bugged off. People are trying to have a grown up conversation.

How about dealing with what is written in the articles?

Iron Lion Zion

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:24 - Feb 13 with 5522 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 10:19 - Feb 13 by _

That doesn’t make Oxfam’s methodology and more credible.

Iron Lion Zion

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:26 - Feb 13 with 5518 viewsNo9

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:21 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

Oh please bugged off. People are trying to have a grown up conversation.

How about dealing with what is written in the articles?

Stop politicing particularly on subjects such as this GB.

As I sad - for you to understand - the Spectator is not what you would call a non political publication is it?
The reason you quote it so often is merely to help you get your political points across.
on 10:28 - Feb 13 with 5508 views_

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:24 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

That doesn’t make Oxfam’s methodology and more credible.

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:28 - Feb 13 with 5513 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oxfam workers offer aid for sex? on 10:26 - Feb 13 by No9

Stop politicing particularly on subjects such as this GB.

As I sad - for you to understand - the Spectator is not what you would call a non political publication is it?
The reason you quote it so often is merely to help you get your political points across.

Once again you play the man and not the ball. How about putting over a counter argument rather than dismissing the source? It’s the same MO with you.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024