Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumbar puncture 19:49 - Jan 12 with 1404 viewsKuqicoo

Has anyone else ever had a lumbar puncture done? Had one done on Wednesday (for a research study) but I now have a searing headache, like nothing I've had before. I know this is a common side effect, but I'm hoping it goes away quite quickly!
Lumbar puncture on 19:55 - Jan 12 with 1384 viewsEireannach_gorm

Had one done when I had meningitis but my brain was a little swollen at the time so I can't say I noticed anything!
Lumbar puncture on 20:06 - Jan 12 with 1366 viewsRyorry

Several. I never had any headache afterwards. I'd contact your GP out of hours service without delay.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lumbar puncture on 20:48 - Jan 12 with 1309 viewsKuqicoo

Lumbar puncture on 20:06 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

Several. I never had any headache afterwards. I'd contact your GP out of hours service without delay.

Well they did warn me I may get a headache. After googling it it also says it's common to get one 24-48 hours after.
I will phone the hospital that did it I think. Just to be sure. I'm trying not to regret volunteering!
Lumbar puncture on 20:50 - Jan 12 with 1300 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lumbar puncture on 20:48 - Jan 12 by Kuqicoo

Well they did warn me I may get a headache. After googling it it also says it's common to get one 24-48 hours after.
I will phone the hospital that did it I think. Just to be sure. I'm trying not to regret volunteering!

Did you have it before you saw the new shirt logo ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lumbar puncture on 20:54 - Jan 12 with 1289 viewsEJP

My daughter had one in November and was told by the hospital (Charing Cross) that caffeine helps with lumber puncture headaches - strange as normally you avoid caffeine when having a headache.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024