Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad but wonderful story on organ donation 07:56 - Sep 8 with 3279 viewshomer_123

I urge everyone to think about organ donation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41187008

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 08:05 - Sep 8 with 3267 viewsBluefish

How anyone can read something like that and then not make sure that They are on the donation register is beyond me.

I also fail to comprehend how people live their life and don't give blood regularly.

Organ donation shoukd be compulsory unless you have reason to opt out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 08:46 - Sep 8 with 3249 viewsgerard1947

One of my neighbours died a couple of weeks ago. She had a heart and lung transplant 21 years ago. The person who donated those organs and their brave family gave my neighbour 21 good years she would not otherwise of had.
Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 10:10 - Sep 8 with 3215 viewsEireannach_gorm

I think Joe Brolly's (ultimately unsuccessful ) donation to an acquaintance must rate highly in the altruism stakes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231239/My-kidney-op-devastating-truth.h

It really is not very challenging to donate when you are dead and we should be moving to the 'opt out' position on this issue.
Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 11:24 - Sep 8 with 3194 viewsBlueBadger

As someone who spent a couple of very happy years working for the transplant service in Cambridge, I concur.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 11:48 - Sep 8 with 3171 viewsBlue_Order

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 08:05 - Sep 8 by Bluefish

How anyone can read something like that and then not make sure that They are on the donation register is beyond me.

I also fail to comprehend how people live their life and don't give blood regularly.

Organ donation shoukd be compulsory unless you have reason to opt out

Scotland and Wales have an opt-out system instead.

Hopefully England will be following suit soon enough.
Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 12:44 - Sep 10 with 3074 viewsLeaky

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 11:48 - Sep 8 by Blue_Order

Scotland and Wales have an opt-out system instead.

Hopefully England will be following suit soon enough.

Sorry to bring back an old post. My son & I are life long Town supporters. During 2012 my son was diagnosed with a rare lung disease, to the point he could not walk, from Portman Rd car park to his seat in SBR lower so stopped going. In Sept 2014 he under went a Heart & Lung transplant. At the recent Millwall game we got a train to London Bridge arrived around Lunch time. As we had a few hours to kill we decided to walk down the Thames Embankment to Rotherhythe had a couple of beers on the way. Walked to the new Den watched a cracking game. Trained it home.
None of this would have been possible with out the outstanding staff at Papworth Hospital.
More importantly with out the courageous decision of the donor's family for making it all possible.
I would ask all football supporters not just town to push for a change in the law so people have to opt out of being a donor rather than opting in. As my son may not have been alive to see the Millwall game
Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 14:50 - Sep 10 with 3044 viewsWeWereZombies

It is a bittersweet reflection that the good that comes out of the death of a daughter is the improvement in seven other lives but I like to think if I was in the parent's situation it would make the loss a little more bearable.

Glad to realise, even though I have lived here four years, that Scotland requires the opt-out, thanks Blue_Order - but I will carry on keeping the donor card in my wallet anyway so if anything happens to me when I am south of the border I can still be of some use.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 11:55 - Sep 16 with 2925 viewsWeWereZombies

TEsting to see if an edit bumps this again
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 17:15]

Login to get fewer ads

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 12:30 - Oct 12 with 2781 viewsBlue_Order

I went to York yesterday to receive The Order of St John on behalf of my mum for her organ donations. Me and my sister were given this medal and certificate in recognition.

They talked about the trial in Wales of the opt out method. Said they didn't have definitive figures yet, but that organ donations had definitely increased since they started it. They're confident that it will be brought into the rest of the UK in the next couple of years.
Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 17:44 - Oct 12 with 2727 viewsWeWereZombies

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 12:30 - Oct 12 by Blue_Order

I went to York yesterday to receive The Order of St John on behalf of my mum for her organ donations. Me and my sister were given this medal and certificate in recognition.

They talked about the trial in Wales of the opt out method. Said they didn't have definitive figures yet, but that organ donations had definitely increased since they started it. They're confident that it will be brought into the rest of the UK in the next couple of years.

The usual words of condolences / well done seem neither enough or appropriate but you have every right to be proud of that medal and certificate.

Sad but wonderful story on organ donation on 07:36 - Oct 13 with 2684 viewsJos

I really respect her decision! I keep my organ donor card always with me in case something happens...
Because, guys if die anyway, what's the difference, if you can SAVE LIVES without loosing anything? OK, loosing parts of you body, but since you don't need it any more...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024