Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cologne (the city not the fragrance) 08:29 - Aug 26 with 1130 viewsartsbossbeard

Any decent bar & restaurant tips, fellow blues?

Got 3x days with a gig on the first night. Staying quite central.

No vegans amongst us, so normal places would suit. Ta.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cologne (the city not the fragrance) on 08:32 - Aug 26 with 1114 viewsbracknell_blue

Can't do worse than one of the big Kolsch pubs - Fruh am Dom or Sunner am Wahlfisch, both central. Good beer, hearty German food (bratwurst to die for) and great atmosphere. Fruh am Dom is by the cathedral and railway station.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Cologne (the city not the fragrance) on 08:34 - Aug 26 with 1108 viewsartsbossbeard

Cologne (the city not the fragrance) on 08:32 - Aug 26 by bracknell_blue

Can't do worse than one of the big Kolsch pubs - Fruh am Dom or Sunner am Wahlfisch, both central. Good beer, hearty German food (bratwurst to die for) and great atmosphere. Fruh am Dom is by the cathedral and railway station.

Absolutely perfect! Our hotel is in the same area as Fruh am Dom.

Thanking you muchly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cologne (the city not the fragrance) on 10:19 - Aug 26 with 1017 viewsbracknell_blue

Cologne (the city not the fragrance) on 08:34 - Aug 26 by artsbossbeard

Absolutely perfect! Our hotel is in the same area as Fruh am Dom.

Thanking you muchly.

You're welcome. Enjoy. We have more than once! Just remember the waiters bring your beer round and if your glass looks empty they give you another and mark your beermat. The glasses are quite small, though. When you want no more put a beermat on your glass. Had great fun about 10 years ago watching a bunch of Japanese tourists getting sloshed because they didn't know how to refuse a beer and were too polite not to drink it.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024