Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European scouts - 13:05 - Aug 25 with 1426 viewsGeefunk

should have one shouldn't we ? Baffled that we don't. Mick does well in the market without doubt but find it amazing there is a whole continent of players we don't really look at. Specially when we are so in the bargain basement like we are.........
European scouts - on 13:09 - Aug 25 with 1416 viewssuffolkpoker

He would rather pay decent wages for tried and tested players with championship experience.

He mentioned it takes a long time for foreign players to adjust to the championship.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

on 13:11 - Aug 25 with 1402 views_

European scouts - on 16:03 - Aug 25 with 1260 viewsstrikalite

Yes we should, a no brainer, just think there could be and probably is a Claus Thomson out there somewhere...
European scouts - on 16:15 - Aug 25 with 1239 viewsHarryWright

Mick Mccarthy really does sometimes prove he is inept at managing in the modern day.
on 16:18 - Aug 25 with 1228 views_

European scouts - on 16:15 - Aug 25 by HarryWright

Mick Mccarthy really does sometimes prove he is inept at managing in the modern day.

European scouts - on 16:23 - Aug 25 with 1218 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

European scouts - on 16:15 - Aug 25 by HarryWright

He is second in the table on literally the most modern day possible

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

European scouts - on 16:24 - Aug 25 with 1214 viewsDarth_Koont

Not so sure. I don't think our level, the nature of modern football nor the possibilities to scout using the Internet lend itself to our own dedicated European scout.

You might as well say, why not have our own scout in say, Yorkshire given the number of players and clubs who come from there but of course the local networks and the sheer level of competition mean that we'd probably be wasting our time.

In any case, we didn't get much out of Europe (let alone Scandinavia where he was based) when our European Scout was Simon Hunt. We did seem to do well tapping into the Irish scouting network - at least in terms of recruiting youngsters - but that doesn't require a dedicated presence out there.

Of course, I'm guessing as I don't really know when and where an ITFC scout pays off but I can't believe we're missing a clear-cut, obvious opportunity.

Pronouns: He/Him

European scouts - on 16:52 - Aug 25 with 1165 viewsBerlinBlue

Agreed, seems strange we don't have one. Plenty of gems out there for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

European scouts - on 16:55 - Aug 25 with 1153 viewsblueblood66

we used to have Romeo Zondervan I believe and wasnt it he who knew Fabian Wilnis?
on 16:57 - Aug 25 with 1146 views_

European scouts - on 16:55 - Aug 25 by blueblood66

we used to have Romeo Zondervan I believe and wasnt it he who knew Fabian Wilnis?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024