Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scandinoir TV shows 12:26 - Aug 13 with 1749 viewsunbelievablue

Anything to recommend? I loved The Killing, and The Bridge.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Scandinoir TV shows on 12:56 - Aug 13 with 1726 viewsconnorscontract

Not noir, but I loved "Borgen" which is a Danish "West Wing", but, like "The Killing", tells the story from multiple view-points with a spin doctor and journalists as well as politicians.

The BBC's Wallander with Branagh is not up to par in my opinion. The original Swedish version is better, but then I discovered that the actor who played his (adult) daughter committed suicide in real life and I just couldn't watch it anymore: there are scenes where her character is in real anguish and it was too uncomfortable for me.

There was an Arnie Dahl series which was quite fluffy, in contrast to the films of Jo Nesbo: Headhunters is a bit batsh1t crazy, very dark humour and brilliant.

Not Scandi, but my wife is suggesting Hinterland: Cymru Noir.

If you can cope with subtitles, two bits of French genius: the film "Untouchable" is absolutely brilliant, and I love Kabul Kitchen (Walter Presents on Channel 4) which is the most bizarre thing ever made, all about a French journalist who opens a restaurant and night club in Kabul, and has to bribe and negotiate his way round the corrupt local military, fundamentalist Mullahs and assorted dodgy chancers. Very funny.

Also on Walter Presents: Spin is a French political thriller. If you like Borgen then give this a spin.
Scandinoir TV shows on 13:03 - Aug 13 with 1716 viewsITFCGloryDays

Department Q. Dark, but I thought very good.

Also Beck too.
Scandinoir TV shows on 14:51 - Aug 13 with 1679 viewsWeWereZombies

Scandinoir TV shows on 12:56 - Aug 13 by connorscontract

Not noir, but I loved "Borgen" which is a Danish "West Wing", but, like "The Killing", tells the story from multiple view-points with a spin doctor and journalists as well as politicians.

The BBC's Wallander with Branagh is not up to par in my opinion. The original Swedish version is better, but then I discovered that the actor who played his (adult) daughter committed suicide in real life and I just couldn't watch it anymore: there are scenes where her character is in real anguish and it was too uncomfortable for me.

There was an Arnie Dahl series which was quite fluffy, in contrast to the films of Jo Nesbo: Headhunters is a bit batsh1t crazy, very dark humour and brilliant.

If you can cope with subtitles, two bits of French genius: the film "Untouchable" is absolutely brilliant, and I love Kabul Kitchen (Walter Presents on Channel 4) which is the most bizarre thing ever made, all about a French journalist who opens a restaurant and night club in Kabul, and has to bribe and negotiate his way round the corrupt local military, fundamentalist Mullahs and assorted dodgy chancers. Very funny.

Also on Walter Presents: Spin is a French political thriller. If you like Borgen then give this a spin.

I also prefer the Swedish 'Wallender' and did watch all the episodes shown on BBC Four, knew about the suicide but not sure you could put that down to the series, I think the tendencies were there before she became an actress.

Thumbs up for 'Hinterland' too, and if you want Scandinoir set in London try 'River'.

For French TV cop drama I though 'Enregages' (called 'Spiral' when shown on BBC Four) was excellent, never heard of 'Kabul Kitchen' but it sounds like the antidote for those of us who still miss 'Breaking Bad'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Scandinoir TV shows on 15:41 - Aug 13 with 1655 viewsconnorscontract

Scandinoir TV shows on 14:51 - Aug 13 by WeWereZombies

I also prefer the Swedish 'Wallender' and did watch all the episodes shown on BBC Four, knew about the suicide but not sure you could put that down to the series, I think the tendencies were there before she became an actress.

Thumbs up for 'Hinterland' too, and if you want Scandinoir set in London try 'River'.

For French TV cop drama I though 'Enregages' (called 'Spiral' when shown on BBC Four) was excellent, never heard of 'Kabul Kitchen' but it sounds like the antidote for those of us who still miss 'Breaking Bad'.

I wasn't putting her suicide down to the series, but there was an episode where her character discovered a body and was hugely traumatised and I'd read about her death only recently and I just couldn't watch anymore.

Kabul Kitchen is a lot sillier than Breaking Bad. Think Sacha Baron-Cohen does Fawlty Towers in Afghanistan with elements of Only Fools and Horses and Minder thrown in. In French, with subtitles, and great music.
Scandinoir TV shows on 15:48 - Aug 13 with 1645 viewsconnorscontract

Scandinoir TV shows on 12:56 - Aug 13 by connorscontract

The Icelandic series "Trapped" was very good, too. Proper Scani Noir with even more weather.
Scandinoir TV shows on 18:29 - Aug 13 with 1601 viewsAbujaBlue

Not sure it can be classed as noir, but Nobel is a good Norwegian offering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024