Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today- A little more reflective 14:07 - May 7 with 1203 viewswaveneyblue

I appreciate we lost and in the end were beaten easily, but I honestly think we played reasonably well in the first half and were only losing due to a dubious penalty....

Once we went one down, we were always going to fall apart - look at the other results today.

The main thing that the first half showed to me is how desperate we are for a decent striker. We have nobody holding the ball up, no goal threat and nobody in the bloody box when we attack. The striking position is the most crucial this summer as we currently have nobody who is likely to score more than 5-7 goals next year and no focal point.

Today- A little more reflective on 14:10 - May 7 with 1128 viewsbackwaywhen

Spot on ....but it won't change under Micky Mouse !
Today- A little more reflective on 14:23 - May 7 with 1026 viewsBent_double

I didn't see the first few minutes, but apparently they had 3 or 4 great chances to score.

Sure, we did OK for the first 20-25 mins after that, but they were kacking themselves, they could probably tell from how quiet the crowd went that other scores were against them.

Once they scored - and it was a stupid penalty, not a dubious one - we disappeared completely.

'Anonymous' I think the commentators said...that aptly describes our whole season I think.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Today- A little more reflective on 14:25 - May 7 with 1004 viewsSteve_M

Broadly agree BUT the way we gave up after the second goal was to familiar and incredibly disappointing. The lack of a proper striker had ruined this season but is not the only problem with this club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Today- A little more reflective on 14:28 - May 7 with 980 viewswaveneyblue

Today- A little more reflective on 14:25 - May 7 by Steve_M

Broadly agree BUT the way we gave up after the second goal was to familiar and incredibly disappointing. The lack of a proper striker had ruined this season but is not the only problem with this club.

Don't get me wrong - This has been a bloody awful season - But felt today needed some balance - we played some reasonable stuff first half - I certainly liked Rowe - direct, decent on the ball - Why the hell he was moved to left back is another mystery...
Today- A little more reflective on 14:28 - May 7 with 979 viewsGavTWTD

This was a nothing match for us. I'm all for people thinking that this has been a terrible season and for Mick to go, but no analysis of this one is needed. Forest had everything to play for and the last thing we needed was someone getting an serious injury. Perhaps more people saw it because it was on TV, but... ah... the season is over. Thankfully.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Today- A little more reflective on 14:41 - May 7 with 895 viewsSuperfrans

Indeed. We need a striker like Assombolonga, who can scare opposition defences. Samuel just doesn't have the presence, from what I've seen, or Moore. Neither of them are the answer.

I'd hope we're going back in to get Hugill again - and get him this time.
But if we don't think Pitman is good enough to get on, we need another dynamic, direct striker to replace him.

Assuming we need 2 players for each position, my ideal squad for next season would be:

GK - Bart.
GK - Gerken.

LB - Kenlock
LB - Knudsen.
RB - Spence
RB - Emmanuel

CB - Webster
CB - Chambers
CB - Smith
CB - New signing.

MF - Skuse
MF - Huws
MF - Ward
MF - Hyam
MF - Dozzell
MF - Bishop
MF - Kenyu
MF - new signing (creative central MF)
RW - Rowe
LW - new signing

FW - Sears
FW - McGoldrick
FW - new signing (Hugill)?
FW - new signing (Assobolonga type)

Which means letting Berra, Pitman and Moore go, on top of those whose contracts are already confirmed as not being renewed.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024