Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Murphy transfer I kind of understood 16:34 - Jan 31 with 1142 viewsbontcho

If not fully agreed with. 3m for him was a lot of money.

But if the rumours of a free/nominal fee for Chambers are true that's very odd. What's in it for us? Unless there's a chain of transfers here which we get someone in on.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:04 - Jan 31 with 1061 viewsPilgrimblue

It's called bad planning. You get the impression that either MM doesn't know what funding he's got to play with or is not getting any support from ME.

Murphy was a good deal but MM had enough time to find adequate replacement and despite 4 months he still hasn't with 6 hours to go! Seems to me that same has happened with Chambers and while there's many many posts that thought lack of contract was likely to lead to him going, MM has been caught out again.

I can only conclude that MM feels that Taylor/Digger is enough cover and that he'll leave it to new manager in summer!!
The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:09 - Jan 31 with 1038 viewshype313

It's either the latter, although time is passing us by, or it's a case of the club hoping Luke will play until May and then they would not opt to take up the option of a further year, bit naughty. He obviously wants his future sorted sooner rather than later and didn't fancy running the risk the club would not offer him another year.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 1023 viewsbournemouthblue

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:04 - Jan 31 by Pilgrimblue

It's called bad planning. You get the impression that either MM doesn't know what funding he's got to play with or is not getting any support from ME.

Murphy was a good deal but MM had enough time to find adequate replacement and despite 4 months he still hasn't with 6 hours to go! Seems to me that same has happened with Chambers and while there's many many posts that thought lack of contract was likely to lead to him going, MM has been caught out again.

I can only conclude that MM feels that Taylor/Digger is enough cover and that he'll leave it to new manager in summer!!

quite probably

Chambers was MM's man, if he is off, it could be a sign that MM is essentially a caretaker until the summer?

MM seems to have been working damn hard to try and get a striker in though, I don't think it's for the want of trying

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:13 - Jan 31 with 991 viewsPilgrimblue

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:09 - Jan 31 by hype313

It's either the latter, although time is passing us by, or it's a case of the club hoping Luke will play until May and then they would not opt to take up the option of a further year, bit naughty. He obviously wants his future sorted sooner rather than later and didn't fancy running the risk the club would not offer him another year.

They'd had to have reassured him that a contract was available otherwise he's off to Forest. Very bad treatment for Chambo if they just leave him in limbo!
The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:14 - Jan 31 with 970 viewshype313

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:13 - Jan 31 by Pilgrimblue

They'd had to have reassured him that a contract was available otherwise he's off to Forest. Very bad treatment for Chambo if they just leave him in limbo!

The thing is, given what the Evans company has done elsewhere, I wouldn't trust them to keep their word, and neither does our club captain.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:41 - Jan 31 with 863 viewshowdonblue

The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 17:14 - Jan 31 by hype313

The thing is, given what the Evans company has done elsewhere, I wouldn't trust them to keep their word, and neither does our club captain.

It will be PATHETIC If we have not signed a Murphy replacement after all this time at 11pm !!

But let's reserve judgement until 11pm !

But let's be honest who holds out hope ?
The Murphy transfer I kind of understood on 18:02 - Jan 31 with 777 viewsStewart27

The Murphy deal was woeful. We lost the one striker who played effectively to the dinosaur's strengths and brought in a pathetic alternative in Best.

It was laughable that he was not replaced in August. Here we are at 6pm on the final day of the January transfer window no better off waiting to hear the usual poor excuses as to why we again fail to invest a single penny in fees.

'Preston don't want to sell'.

Evans won't pay the money and no aspiring footballer wants to play under this one dimensional dinosaur.

The club is rotten to the core.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024