Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub 17:18 - Jan 2 with 4229 viewsJakeITFC

But that's not surprising.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:19 - Jan 2 with 2815 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Not at all. We all said it at the time. Instead of going for a beaten tired looking team we handed them the initiative.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:20 - Jan 2 with 2795 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, ridiculous reaction - both in the ground and now on here.

He didn't effect the game in any meaningful way positively or negatively; we lost because of an individual error which led to a very well taken goal.

And because we didn't take out chances - but more positives from today than negatives.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:20 - Jan 2 with 2770 viewsmarchy

What was the point of it? Did the draw look under any threat?
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 2748 viewsDarth_Koont

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:19 - Jan 2 by ColchesterBlue1985

Not at all. We all said it at the time. Instead of going for a beaten tired looking team we handed them the initiative.

But we didn't hand QPR the initiative. The game carried on in pretty much the same fashion with us on top and looking most likely to win.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 17:21]

Pronouns: He/Him

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 2727 viewsOjc

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:20 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

He didn't effect the game in any meaningful way positively or negatively; we lost because of an individual error which led to a very well taken goal.

And because we didn't take out chances - but more positives from today than negatives.

Putting Douglas on instead of Dozzell sends message to everyone that we are playing for a draw, don't rule out the impact mentally that causes to everyone on the pitch and in the stadium.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 2700 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:21 - Jan 2 by Darth_Koont

But we didn't hand QPR the initiative. The game carried on in pretty much the same fashion with us on top and looking most likely to win.

You watched a different end to me. We sat 10 yards further back. The game was screaming for sears pace in behind
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 2696 viewsurbanblue

I wouldn't be blaming Douglas. It wasn't his fault.The problem is that he is seen as a defensive substitution when the game was there for the taking. I think most are more p1ssed off with that fact,
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 2654 viewschristiand

Dozzell for Bru end of discussion.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 2624 viewsHoppersblue10

What a load of rubbish, I am not quoting MM here but did he not say that the reason Dozzell had such an impact the other day was down to the opposition getting tired and the game getting stretched, thus enabling Dozzell to have an impact.? And today he brings on Douglas!!!!
We then sat about 10yds deeper in midfield and invited pressure deeper in our half, errors that far back are not as easily fixed than if it had been 10-15yds further out!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 17:28]

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 2585 viewsBenters

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:21 - Jan 2 by Darth_Koont

Thats alright then,blame the ref and you are on to a winner

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:27 - Jan 2 with 2539 viewsTrequartista

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:20 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

We lost momentum and QPR came back into it after the sub, we'd barely seen Bart in the second half up to then.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:28 - Jan 2 with 2515 viewsDarth_Koont

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:26 - Jan 2 by Benters

Thats alright then,blame the ref and you are on to a winner

Why would I blame the ref?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:29 - Jan 2 with 2489 viewsBenters

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:28 - Jan 2 by Darth_Koont

Why would I blame the ref?

Why not ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:33 - Jan 2 with 2412 viewsitfcjoe

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:27 - Jan 2 by Trequartista

We lost momentum and QPR came back into it after the sub, we'd barely seen Bart in the second half up to then.

I must have missed all the saves he had to make after the sub, were there any?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:35 - Jan 2 with 2388 viewsRegencyBlue

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:22 - Jan 2 by Ojc

Putting Douglas on instead of Dozzell sends message to everyone that we are playing for a draw, don't rule out the impact mentally that causes to everyone on the pitch and in the stadium.

This!
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:35 - Jan 2 with 2371 viewsDarth_Koont

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:29 - Jan 2 by Benters

Why not ?

Because it wouldn't have any relevance to the game or the result.

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:37 - Jan 2 with 2356 viewsTrequartista

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:33 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

I must have missed all the saves he had to make after the sub, were there any?

I didn't say they created chances, i said we lost momentum, that is not the same thing at all.

Phil's match report says "The Blues were by now sitting back, allowing the home side to take the game to them and looking to catch them on the break". shortly after the substitution. Do you think this is untrue?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:39 - Jan 2 with 2315 viewsitfcjoe

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:37 - Jan 2 by Trequartista

I didn't say they created chances, i said we lost momentum, that is not the same thing at all.

Phil's match report says "The Blues were by now sitting back, allowing the home side to take the game to them and looking to catch them on the break". shortly after the substitution. Do you think this is untrue?

You said we hadn't seen Bart, we didn't really after the subs.

Game was failry stretched before and after the sub but we were comfortable defending and doing more going forwrds

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 2284 viewsJakeITFC

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:37 - Jan 2 by Trequartista

Yes, I would say that is wrong.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:41 - Jan 2 with 2257 viewsmaccyd9

Nah b@llocks Jake.

No desire to win the game.

Horrible performance against a woeful QPR side.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 2240 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I'm still fuming that Chambers was the wrong side of his man for their winner, allowing the striker to take it past Bart.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 17:43]

Poll: Best Football Song

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 2236 viewsTrequartista

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:39 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

You said we hadn't seen Bart, we didn't really after the subs.

Game was failry stretched before and after the sub but we were comfortable defending and doing more going forwrds

I think it changed noticeably. But whether it did or didn't, it was a sub to save a point rather than go for three when we were on top with a player who had shined from the bench unused. I also noticed our final ball was poor despite our dominance (for example, several byline runs ended without an effort on goal) and there we didn't create that many clear cut chances for our dominance. Dozzell could have been the man to unlock them.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 17:44]

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 17:58 - Jan 2 with 2135 viewsRichOBlue

Bru and skuse were controlling the midfield playing some good football mainly with Lawrence and didz Douglas comes on and the way we played changed it looks like his teammates don't trust him with the ball, feel sorry for the bloke he clearly gives everything but not good enough in any capacity now

Poll: What formation suits us best?

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 18:33 - Jan 2 with 1994 viewssundaze

Just got home from the match. Only MM could be happy to try for a single point when his team are so much on top of the game. Best football at times today that Town have played all season, Dids was superb until he tired. it was obvious once Douglas came on that MM would be happy with a single point, I turned to my son and said "if we lose this now MM has nowhere to hide". I don't blame Douglas, I blame MM for his negative attitude.
Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 18:50 - Jan 2 with 1926 viewsbackwaywhen

Pretty OTT reaction to the Douglas sub on 18:33 - Jan 2 by sundaze

Just got home from the match. Only MM could be happy to try for a single point when his team are so much on top of the game. Best football at times today that Town have played all season, Dids was superb until he tired. it was obvious once Douglas came on that MM would be happy with a single point, I turned to my son and said "if we lose this now MM has nowhere to hide". I don't blame Douglas, I blame MM for his negative attitude.

Best post of the day ..well read and said !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024