Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? 14:09 - May 10 with 627 viewsgiant_stow

Ta!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:14 - May 10 with 587 viewsStokieBlue

There are a few different forecasts but it looks like tomorrow will actually be better for viewing but good chances of seeing it north of the Peak district both nights. It may well get down as far as London but then you also have to compete with the sky glow of central London which is a Bortle 9 sky. For comparison, central Ipswich is Bortle 6 and somewhere like Aldeburgh is Bortle 4.

An aurora doesn't have to be directly over you to be seen though so even if it only reaches the Midlands it by be visible further south.

Probably worth a look from London but definitely worth a look from more remote places and Suffolk.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:14 - May 10 with 580 viewsfooters

Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year, at this time of night, in this part of the UK?

Yes.

May I see it?

No.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:15 - May 10 with 565 viewsStokieBlue

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:14 - May 10 by footers

Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year, at this time of night, in this part of the UK?

Yes.

May I see it?

No.

Lovely stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:20 - May 10 with 545 viewsgiant_stow

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:14 - May 10 by StokieBlue

There are a few different forecasts but it looks like tomorrow will actually be better for viewing but good chances of seeing it north of the Peak district both nights. It may well get down as far as London but then you also have to compete with the sky glow of central London which is a Bortle 9 sky. For comparison, central Ipswich is Bortle 6 and somewhere like Aldeburgh is Bortle 4.

An aurora doesn't have to be directly over you to be seen though so even if it only reaches the Midlands it by be visible further south.

Probably worth a look from London but definitely worth a look from more remote places and Suffolk.

SB

Cheers sir - as full a low down as I could have hoped for!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:32 - May 10 with 507 viewsfooters

Fao Stokie! Is there any chance at all of seeing this in London? on 14:15 - May 10 by StokieBlue

Lovely stuff.

SB

Not my words, Lynne, the words of Shakin' Stevens.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024