Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re focus needed from the fans 11:13 - May 2 with 1297 viewskeanekipper

The dreaming and patting on the back after cov has got to stop now I think and re focusing the mindset to getting job done. No point in this league has been easy this year bar maybe sheff wed at home. We need to get ready to support the team for what im sure will be a twist somewhere Saturday (it's been that sort of season) let's raise the roof and make PR as loud as it's ever been, no frustrated moans if it's not going our way, just ultimate support!!! (Yes I'm nervous as hell with all the it's done narrative in alot of quarters, causing me panic)
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:15 - May 2 with 1271 viewsSteve_M

TBH, the vast majority of fans are well aware of that. A lifetime of (proper) football support kind of makes the worst case scenario loom large.

You are right though, loud positive support needed throughout. Hold any frustrations in and just back the team.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:18 - May 2 with 1225 viewsdavblue

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:15 - May 2 by Steve_M

TBH, the vast majority of fans are well aware of that. A lifetime of (proper) football support kind of makes the worst case scenario loom large.

You are right though, loud positive support needed throughout. Hold any frustrations in and just back the team.

i don't think i've ever seen a last day go our way.

Man City, Wigan stand out although we weren't in the driving seat on those occasions.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:20 - May 2 with 1195 viewsVaughan8

Agreed. Un til its done i'm not counting any chickens.

We've lost 1 game at home (in the league) all season, to Leeds. We SHOULD at least get a draw. I'm very confident, however it ony takes an unlucky game etc..........rememeber Maidstone!
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:22 - May 2 with 1179 viewsBlueschev

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:18 - May 2 by davblue

Man City, Wigan stand out although we weren't in the driving seat on those occasions.

2014/15 Deby did us a big favour.

As nervous as I am, I still wouldn't rule out Southampton getting a result at Leeds.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:22 - May 2 with 1176 viewswithyblue

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:18 - May 2 by davblue

2015 final day, even though we lost, did go our way.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:23 - May 2 with 1144 viewsdavblue

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:22 - May 2 by Blueschev

2014/15 Deby did us a big favour.

As nervous as I am, I still wouldn't rule out Southampton getting a result at Leeds.

Southampton look shot to me. I think Martin has dug them out 1 too many times (they will win the play offs now).
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:23 - May 2 with 1138 viewsReusersTown

Only about 10-15k will have experienced that lifetime of "proper" support. Could be a lot of angsty kids.
[Post edited 2 May 11:25]
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:26 - May 2 with 1100 viewsPinewoodblue

Be Loud"…….Be Proud.savour the moments.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:27 - May 2 with 1086 viewsBluespeed225

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:23 - May 2 by ReusersTown

Only about 10-15k will have experienced that lifetime of "proper" support. Could be a lot of angsty kids.
[Post edited 2 May 11:25]

That’s it, we go a goal down, they should know by now, in the words of Corporal Jones, don’t panic’!
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:27 - May 2 with 1084 viewsweepingx2018

TOTALLY AGREE. IN CAPS TOO.

We need to show total humility like Morsy and Mckenna. Im far too nervous to be excited anyway.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:31 - May 2 with 1027 viewsMeadowlark

I think we all stopped congratulating each other and started getting nervous as soon as we left the Coventry match......
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:38 - May 2 with 982 viewsEuropablue

You seem to be getting a little bit confused between the team and the fans. We can all dream and enjoy it. Even the Sheffield Wednesday match was tough until we had three goals.
We are a special case in which if anything the support gets stronger when we go a goal down. We look more likely to score when we go a goal down, and if we are unlucky, I'd back us to get back into it all day long.
Our desire to get it done will be enough to get it done. We just need to score early to settle the nerves.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:38 - May 2 with 976 viewsHerbivore

I haven't seen much patting ourselves on the back to be honest, everyone seems well aware there's still a job to do on Saturday to get us over the line. That said, I'd much rather we go into the game positive, confident and full of belief - as a team and as fans - rather than feeling nervous and edgy about the game.
[Post edited 2 May 11:43]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:39 - May 2 with 952 viewsChurchman

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:22 - May 2 by withyblue

2015 final day, even though we lost, did go our way.

1994 went our way big time.

We hadn’t one a game in months and were awful. We needed to win at Blackburn but drew. But Mark Stein scored late for Chelsea and Sheffield United went down instead.

Everton beat Wimbledon 3-2 that day to survive in the most dodgy game you’ll ever see. Keeper diving over the ball? Yeah, right. Always deserted Everton and that cemented it.

Last day 61/62 and 67/68 went our way too.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:40 - May 2 with 940 viewsBuhrer

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:27 - May 2 by Bluespeed225

That’s it, we go a goal down, they should know by now, in the words of Corporal Jones, don’t panic’!

It's not the "kids" that are "angsty" though.
Re focus needed from the fans on 11:47 - May 2 with 881 viewsSteve_M

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:31 - May 2 by Meadowlark

I think we all stopped congratulating each other and started getting nervous as soon as we left the Coventry match......

Yeah, the car back to London on Tuesday night was definitely not celebratory. Happy, definitely, emotionally exhausted even more so but very conscious of a job still to be done.

Peterborough last year felt very similar - in normal circumstances a very good away win but I don't think any celebrations lasted beyond the ground - although I think we allowed ourselves to relax a bit more after Barnsley.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Re focus needed from the fans on 12:37 - May 2 with 639 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Funny isn't it. On Tuesday night I got a couple of downers for suggesting that Huddersfield would employ a low block and then try to get us on the counter, although I did wrongly assume they could be safe if they won.

We just need to get it done, properly.

All over by half time would be nice, but the team are going to need every single voice roaring them to the win, we can't allow our own nervousness to spill out of the stands and onto the pitch.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Re focus needed from the fans on 12:42 - May 2 with 601 viewsgainsboroughblue

Re focus needed from the fans on 11:39 - May 2 by Churchman

1994 went our way big time.

We hadn’t one a game in months and were awful. We needed to win at Blackburn but drew. But Mark Stein scored late for Chelsea and Sheffield United went down instead.

Everton beat Wimbledon 3-2 that day to survive in the most dodgy game you’ll ever see. Keeper diving over the ball? Yeah, right. Always deserted Everton and that cemented it.

Last day 61/62 and 67/68 went our way too.

That 1994 day was weird. I don't think I twigged till second half that 'sh1t, we could actually go down'. Then after resigning myself to it, forgot Sheff U were vulnerable.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Re focus needed from the fans on 12:52 - May 2 with 543 viewsRimsy

Well I hope the team are full of confidence Saturday and go out and smash em. Not a time for the players to have any doubts, that's our job. Sure the team will get massive support even if things are not going exactly as we want.

BlueBlood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024