Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. 22:31 - Apr 30 with 1371 viewswiffin1

COYB
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 23:14 - Apr 30 with 1274 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's not done yet!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 23:16 - Apr 30 with 1246 viewsDublinBlue84

No, needs to keep as close to normal as possible.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 23:53 - Apr 30 with 1131 views2-5-7

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 23:16 - Apr 30 by DublinBlue84

If I could up vote twice I would plus some
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 00:09 - May 1 with 1047 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not a fan of pre match triumphalism. Not sure it heps the team either.
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 07:32 - May 1 with 789 viewsBluespeed225

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 00:09 - May 1 by reusersfreekicks

Not a fan of pre match triumphalism. Not sure it heps the team either.

You’re so right. Last years, before Exeter, felt like the game was a done job, getting out of bloody league 1. The Norwich one, I felt, was not right, put more on the game than was already there, the bigger the let down after a game we should have won. Hard not to be excited about Saturday , but this is the chance we never thought we’d see again to be back on a world stage. Let the players go through their preparations, do a pro job. Then we go fcuking nuts over the Bank Holiday!!!
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 08:59 - May 1 with 658 viewsLeistonBlue

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 23:16 - Apr 30 by DublinBlue84

Really don’t understand this argument. Both times we’ve done it, it has inspired the players and they have played some of the best football we’ve seen at the start of both games. Yes, at the Norwich game they couldn’t quite put the ball in the net, but we could have been 3/4-0 up after 25 mins like we were against Exeter. Whatever happens on Saturday we should celebrate what has been a remarkable season by giving a huge coach welcome, and you never know, it might provide that extra 2% required to get them over the line. One things for sure, I’ll be there come 11am screaming my heart out at the bus. COYB!!!
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 09:14 - May 1 with 601 viewstractorshark

I genuinely don’t think it did inspire us against Norwich. Yes we should have won that game but we looked jittery at times as if the occasion got the better of us.
If people want to welcome the coach, that’s up to them but personally I wouldn’t organise a big thing.
As others have said, keep it normal for the boys.
There’s a general consensus from fans and media that we’ve been promoted already and that is very much far from the case.
Get the job done, then celebrate big time.
Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 19:06 - May 1 with 416 viewsstonojnr

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 09:14 - May 1 by tractorshark

I genuinely don’t think it did inspire us against Norwich. Yes we should have won that game but we looked jittery at times as if the occasion got the better of us.
If people want to welcome the coach, that’s up to them but personally I wouldn’t organise a big thing.
As others have said, keep it normal for the boys.
There’s a general consensus from fans and media that we’ve been promoted already and that is very much far from the case.
Get the job done, then celebrate big time.

Too late it seems.

And yeah I thought the Norwich one did not help the players in the slightest, and created an occasion where they became incredibly nervous at making mistakes as the game wore on, instead of the normal confident selves.

So i just hope McKenna gets them in a bubble mentally prepared to block out any and all distractions like that so they do the job on the pitch they need to do first, and celebrate after

We still need to secure a point to be certain, because you don't want to be sat there in injury time just hoping Leeds don't score a goal to win their game, and we've let in another sloppy early goal from a set piece and find we can't hit the target for love or money.

As then we'd look right proper Charlie's wouldnt we.
Login to get fewer ads

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 19:16 - May 1 with 377 viewsBobbychase

Surely this calls for the biggest welcome of the team bus we have ever seen…. on 08:59 - May 1 by LeistonBlue

Really don’t understand this argument. Both times we’ve done it, it has inspired the players and they have played some of the best football we’ve seen at the start of both games. Yes, at the Norwich game they couldn’t quite put the ball in the net, but we could have been 3/4-0 up after 25 mins like we were against Exeter. Whatever happens on Saturday we should celebrate what has been a remarkable season by giving a huge coach welcome, and you never know, it might provide that extra 2% required to get them over the line. One things for sure, I’ll be there come 11am screaming my heart out at the bus. COYB!!!

Exactly. We cuffed Exeter aside and had Broadhead had his shooting boots on we would have been 3-0 against Norwich at half time, we were superb in that first half. There is not a shred of evidence that the coach welcome has any detrimental effect.

I would add, as I have before, that it's a nice way for people who haven't got tickets to the match to feel involved in the day. Plenty of the population of the town either can't get in or can't afford to. The welcomes have also been very high in numbers of young fans involved, which is always good to see.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024