Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ray Crawford 23:21 - Apr 28 with 884 viewsTommy_ITFC

Just watched his interview on Life's a Pitch. Glad to see him looking so well for his age and still out and about doing things. Really hope we go up , would be amazing for him to see us in the top flight once again replicating what Alf and the lads did in 62 next year.
Ray Crawford on 23:45 - Apr 28 with 827 viewsMercian

I just looked up his stats. 143 goals from 197 League appearances for Ipswich. Outstanding.
Ray Crawford on 00:13 - Apr 29 with 793 viewsChurchman

Ray Crawford on 23:45 - Apr 28 by Mercian

I just looked up his stats. 143 goals from 197 League appearances for Ipswich. Outstanding.

I’m old enough to have seen him play in my first ever game in 68. He scored too. But I dont remember anything of the game itself sadly.

Crawford was an outstanding player for us. His record won’t be beaten and his partnership with Thunderboots Ted Phillips terrorised everybody.

My dad saw all the Ipswich players back to the late 30s and he reckoned Paul Mariner was the best forward player of the lot. But he had Crawford a paper width second.

If we ever need another statue, how about Ray and Ted? Or a frieze of the 1962 Champions?

Norwich - ‘Champions of England - you’ll never say that’
Ray Crawford on 05:18 - Apr 29 with 699 viewsBluespeed225

At the back of the Jungle Boy book there are his career stats. After Jimmy Greaves, and , a short career finished by injury, Brian Clough, Rays' goals to games ratio is up there with the best of the era, ahead of Astle and Hurst etc.
Ray Crawford on 06:23 - Apr 29 with 670 viewsbobbyramsey

Ray Crawford on 00:13 - Apr 29 by Churchman

I’m old enough to have seen him play in my first ever game in 68. He scored too. But I dont remember anything of the game itself sadly.

Crawford was an outstanding player for us. His record won’t be beaten and his partnership with Thunderboots Ted Phillips terrorised everybody.

My dad saw all the Ipswich players back to the late 30s and he reckoned Paul Mariner was the best forward player of the lot. But he had Crawford a paper width second.

If we ever need another statue, how about Ray and Ted? Or a frieze of the 1962 Champions?

My first game was at home v Blackpool in 1968, Crawford "headed" us to promotion in front of an adoring North Stand.

Amazing stuff.....
Ray Crawford on 06:54 - Apr 29 with 627 viewsPendejo

Ray Crawford on 00:13 - Apr 29 by Churchman

A frieze of teams from 61/62, 78 cup final and 81 cup final would be a great addition to the fanzone.
[Post edited 29 Apr 6:55]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ray Crawford on 07:22 - Apr 29 with 576 viewsChurchman

Ray Crawford on 06:23 - Apr 29 by bobbyramsey

My first game was at home v Blackpool in 1968, Crawford "headed" us to promotion in front of an adoring North Stand.

Amazing stuff.....

Cardiff at home in I think February 68. 4-2. I know Crawford and O’Rourke scored, possibly Frank Brogan too, and remember going to and into the ground for the first time. I was bought a scarf, programme and rosette (don’t see those now!) outside the ground.

That scarf went to the FA Cup final. Mrs C lost it many years later. Grrrr. I actually had the rosette and programme for many years but they’ve long since gone AWOL too. Oh well.
Ray Crawford on 07:47 - Apr 29 with 537 viewsTommy_ITFC

Ray Crawford on 07:22 - Apr 29 by Churchman

Cardiff at home in I think February 68. 4-2. I know Crawford and O’Rourke scored, possibly Frank Brogan too, and remember going to and into the ground for the first time. I was bought a scarf, programme and rosette (don’t see those now!) outside the ground.

That scarf went to the FA Cup final. Mrs C lost it many years later. Grrrr. I actually had the rosette and programme for many years but they’ve long since gone AWOL too. Oh well.

With my scarf and my rattle and my big rosette singing where was the goalie when the ball was in the net!
Ray Crawford on 08:05 - Apr 29 with 505 viewsChurchman

Ray Crawford on 07:47 - Apr 29 by Tommy_ITFC

With my scarf and my rattle and my big rosette singing where was the goalie when the ball was in the net!

Thank you Ebenezer.

The rosette wasn’t that big and I certainly never had a rattle. I think even then those dopey things were going out of fashion.
Login to get fewer ads

Ray Crawford on 09:03 - Apr 29 with 436 viewsTrumptonBlue

That was just his first spell, from 1958 to 1964. He returned in '66 and finished with a total of 204 goals from 320 appearances in the league, 227 from 352 overall.
Ray Crawford on 09:50 - Apr 29 with 365 viewsgloucester_tractor

Ray is a great person was my coach at Brighton.
When talking to my dad at ex players function asked if he had son called Rob what a memory that man has
Scored goals for fun and just loves the Town
Thankyou Ray for great memories

Son of GUS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024