Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed 13:05 - Apr 24 with 1296 viewsIllinoisblue

Was a reference to Sky TV - #skybastards - thought up by angry football fans. But is in fact more chemtrail nonsense. Mostly loons pointing out “it was sunny earlier but now it’s cloudy. More evidence of the great reset”

What did fools and grifters do before they could latch on to conspiracy theories?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 13:52 - Apr 24 with 1174 viewsKeno

when you say "Mostly loons pointing out “it was sunny earlier but now it’s cloudy. More evidence of the great reset”

Are Forfar fans really that mad?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:00 - Apr 24 with 1137 viewsleitrimblue

I miss laylines.
You knew where you stood with yer traditional hippy laylines loving types
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:09 - Apr 24 with 1084 viewsKeno

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:00 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

I miss laylines.
You knew where you stood with yer traditional hippy laylines loving types

Did you know Dracula is actually Irish

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:26 - Apr 24 with 1046 viewsleitrimblue

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:09 - Apr 24 by Keno

Did you know Dracula is actually Irish

Sligo man I believe
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:32 - Apr 24 with 1035 viewsSteve_M

Just seen this on Twitter after reading your post:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:34 - Apr 24 with 1018 viewsKeno

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:26 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

Sligo man I believe

Indeed!!

And people forget radio was invented by an old lady from Donegal, good old Ma Coney

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:13 - Apr 24 with 942 viewsleitrimblue

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:34 - Apr 24 by Keno

Indeed!!

And people forget radio was invented by an old lady from Donegal, good old Ma Coney

Was told years ago that Dracula was somehow inspired by Sligos cholera epidemic.
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:21 - Apr 24 with 904 viewsKeno

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:13 - Apr 24 by leitrimblue

Was told years ago that Dracula was somehow inspired by Sligos cholera epidemic.

from here

https://www.wildernessireland.com/blog/bram-stoker-ireland/

Dracula's Irish Influence

The Legend of Abhartach
According to legend, Abhartach was a tyrannical ruler, an evil magician, an undead vampire and interestingly, he is also said to be a dwarf. Originally from Derry and working as a servant for a druid, Abhartach spent his days learning as much as he could before returning as a fully-fledged sorcerer – and a cruel one at that, exacting revenge and tyranny.

Finn McCool, the famous giant attributed with building the Giant’s Causeway, eventually grew annoyed with the dwarf’s cruel tyranny and killed Abhartach, burying him standing upright in an old Celtic tomb (which would normally prevent undead monsters in local folklore). But before his death, Abhartach had dabbled in dark magic that allowed him to cheat death. He rose from the dead and once again began his killing spree, emptying his victims of blood. Finn McCool killed him again and once more buried him, but alas the vampiric dwarf rose once more. On the third try, based on a druid’s advice, he was killed and buried upside down, and Abhartach rose no more – though his gravesite remained a place invoking terror.

Later versions were Christianised with saints stepping in for druids but the essence of the story remains the same – except for one interesting fact: the saint instructs the hero (not McCool in the Christian version) to kill him with a wooden yew stake. Sounding familiar?

The story was chronicled in Patrick Weston Joyce’s The Origin and History of Irish Names of Places from 1875, which Stoker evidently researched. There are indeed several overlaps with Stoker’s vampire horror tale: Abhartach is cruel, his a member of the aristocracy, he wields stolen dark magic, he drinks the blood of his victims, he rises from the dead and he needs to killed using a special wooden weapon and buried in a particular way.

So perhaps the legends of Eastern Europe weren’t the only tales that influenced the most famous vampire story – Irish legends likely had as much if not a bigger role in the creation of the terrifying Count Dracula. Learn more here.

Login to get fewer ads

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:25 - Apr 24 with 873 viewsIllinoisblue

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 14:32 - Apr 24 by Steve_M

Just seen this on Twitter after reading your post:

Painfully accurate.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:26 - Apr 24 with 877 viewsbluelagos

Think these idiots have always been there - previously just some fckwit talking bollox whilst sat at the bar of yer local.

Now thanks to social media they have an audience and worse, can feed off other fruit loops.

Grifters do seem to be more numerous now - plenty monetising it - the gullible donating to people happy to take advantage.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 20:08 - Apr 24 with 616 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The idea that Ryanair planes are carrying out secret chem skywashing on behalf of the Government is ridiculous.

Minister for Chem Trails: I see you have offered us Chem Spraying services for £12.99 one way during the Great Easter Sprayaway Promotion! Where do I sign?

Michael O'Leary: Just here, Minister.

MfCT: Great! Done!

Michael O'Leary: Great! That will be £68,542,822.56 please!

MfCT: But it said "12.99!"

Michael O'Leary: that's for the seat for your monitoring Civil Servant- but you are going to need a 500 gallon tank of chemicals, and that is above the 100ml limit for taking liquids through security. So you'll have to buy that from our Cabin Crew on the plane.

Now are you paying by Debit Card, or Credit Card? There's an extra 4% charge on Credit Cards, obviously.
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 20:42 - Apr 24 with 557 viewseireblue

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:21 - Apr 24 by Keno

from here

The Legend of Abhartach
According to legend, Abhartach was a tyrannical ruler, an evil magician, an undead vampire and interestingly, he is also said to be a dwarf. Originally from Derry and working as a servant for a druid, Abhartach spent his days learning as much as he could before returning as a fully-fledged sorcerer – and a cruel one at that, exacting revenge and tyranny.

Finn McCool, the famous giant attributed with building the Giant’s Causeway, eventually grew annoyed with the dwarf’s cruel tyranny and killed Abhartach, burying him standing upright in an old Celtic tomb (which would normally prevent undead monsters in local folklore). But before his death, Abhartach had dabbled in dark magic that allowed him to cheat death. He rose from the dead and once again began his killing spree, emptying his victims of blood. Finn McCool killed him again and once more buried him, but alas the vampiric dwarf rose once more. On the third try, based on a druid’s advice, he was killed and buried upside down, and Abhartach rose no more – though his gravesite remained a place invoking terror.

Later versions were Christianised with saints stepping in for druids but the essence of the story remains the same – except for one interesting fact: the saint instructs the hero (not McCool in the Christian version) to kill him with a wooden yew stake. Sounding familiar?

The story was chronicled in Patrick Weston Joyce’s The Origin and History of Irish Names of Places from 1875, which Stoker evidently researched. There are indeed several overlaps with Stoker’s vampire horror tale: Abhartach is cruel, his a member of the aristocracy, he wields stolen dark magic, he drinks the blood of his victims, he rises from the dead and he needs to killed using a special wooden weapon and buried in a particular way.

So perhaps the legends of Eastern Europe weren’t the only tales that influenced the most famous vampire story – Irish legends likely had as much if not a bigger role in the creation of the terrifying Count Dracula. Learn more here.

Hmmm, with Finn McCool being a giant, was Abhartach actually just normal sized?
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 20:44 - Apr 24 with 544 viewsthatbdude

Conspiracy nuts are the perfect reason for why you should'bt do drugs

Poll: Who going down?

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 21:10 - Apr 24 with 493 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 20:44 - Apr 24 by thatbdude

Conspiracy nuts are the perfect reason for why you should'bt do drugs

They’ve just ‘dun there reserch’.
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 21:13 - Apr 24 with 488 viewsWicklowBlue

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 15:21 - Apr 24 by Keno

from here

The Legend of Abhartach

Pedant alert: Fionn mac Cumhaill! Finn McCool
Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 21:15 - Apr 24 with 482 viewsMK1

Happened upon a hashtag on Twitter that I assumed on 20:08 - Apr 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

The idea that Ryanair planes are carrying out secret chem skywashing on behalf of the Government is ridiculous.

Minister for Chem Trails: I see you have offered us Chem Spraying services for £12.99 one way during the Great Easter Sprayaway Promotion! Where do I sign?

Michael O'Leary: Just here, Minister.

MfCT: Great! Done!

Michael O'Leary: Great! That will be £68,542,822.56 please!

MfCT: But it said "12.99!"

Michael O'Leary: that's for the seat for your monitoring Civil Servant- but you are going to need a 500 gallon tank of chemicals, and that is above the 100ml limit for taking liquids through security. So you'll have to buy that from our Cabin Crew on the plane.

Now are you paying by Debit Card, or Credit Card? There's an extra 4% charge on Credit Cards, obviously.

And we will drop it about 50 miles from where you actually want it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024