Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich 21:45 - Apr 23 with 5017 viewspeterleeblue

I wonder now they know if we don't make it that we will be 3rd what there approach will be regarding 5th or 6th place.

Will they be suckered in by their midas touch over us?
[Post edited 23 Apr 22:03]
Norwich on 23:51 - Apr 25 with 291 viewsVegtablue

Norwich on 07:56 - Apr 24 by Churchman

The trouble is that they were the better team over those two games and results prove it. Their form since Christmas has been good too, the points yield from the last six games being the same as ourselves. They’ve every right to be very confident.

Against that is the league table. It really doesn’t lie. We are going to do them at some point. If we have to endure torment of the play offs, why not then?

I'm not convinced they were performance-wise but it is results which speak louder! And their form has matched ours for much of the season in truth. There was a 10-game spell near the start in which together we did the damage: 26 points versus 7. From the beginning of November to now, though, we've been practically inseparable (🤮).

Going backwards in blocks of 5 games, courtesy of Gav's world-class form table tool, our respective form reads: same points, same points, 1 point less, same points, 2 points more, and one point less. Our advantage over these past 30 games has increased only in goals scored, otherwise we're locked on 55 points and +18 GD (thankfully goals scored trumps head-to-head record).
Norwich on 06:33 - Apr 26 with 194 viewsfranz_tyson

I'm coming around to us playing them in the semi-finals. Southamptons pathetic showing the other day feels like they'd get a pass to the final... and it's up to us to stop them. Good vs evil sortathing.
I don't have a problem with them taking 4 points of us from a football point of view as I think they deserved it, but they were an annoying distraction when we were on a promotion push. This will be real business now.
Norwich on 07:27 - Apr 26 with 170 viewsHerbivore

Norwich on 06:33 - Apr 26 by franz_tyson

I'm coming around to us playing them in the semi-finals. Southamptons pathetic showing the other day feels like they'd get a pass to the final... and it's up to us to stop them. Good vs evil sortathing.
I don't have a problem with them taking 4 points of us from a football point of view as I think they deserved it, but they were an annoying distraction when we were on a promotion push. This will be real business now.

Not sure I agree they necessarily deserved the 4 points. We battered them for most of the game at PR and the game at Norwich they won courtesy of a goalkeeping error after a Rotherhamesque series of set pieces. They probably edged the game overall but we were way more dominant at PR than they were in the away fixture.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024