Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? 08:27 - Apr 23 with 2140 viewsITFCBlues

Davis the obvious one, but do we forsee interest in any other players?

I'd have said Hirst, but I think his injury will put a hold on that one.

I think we'd keep the bulk of the squad and just lose Davis myself whilst having a turnover of the fringe players.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 13:24 - Apr 23 with 259 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:48 - Apr 23 by tractorshark

Davis may go regardless of whether we go up or not.

I’d be more worried about losing McKenna.

Doesn’t sound like he’d be on the West Ham shortlist but I fear Brighton might come knocking.

Brighton have been linked with Kompany if De Zerbi moves on. And as the West Ham shortlist shows (if accurate) PL teams clearly put a lot of stock having managed at the top level. McKenna is far too green - best he stays here for his development 😃.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 13:32 - Apr 23 with 234 viewsStu_Magoo

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:45 - Apr 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Brighton, Chelsea and Bournemouth might be interested in their own players - that’s about it I’d suggest. Davis is too much of a defensive liability though might interest the promoted clubs. Other than that maybe the skipper , again to a promoted club.

The only realistic target is the manager - who carries with him an almighty amount of baggage in terms of hangers on, ‘team’ call them what you will, that might have a catastrophic impact if/when he jumps ship.

Also don’t forget the ´investors’ they might not like the mirage disappearing

But don’t panic just yet. One win or three draws might still be enough to ensure a year of purgatory.

"Hangers on".

They just happen to be the best coaching set up we've had in my lifetime, but yeah, you do you.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 14:03 - Apr 23 with 199 viewsAVJones

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:45 - Apr 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Brighton, Chelsea and Bournemouth might be interested in their own players - that’s about it I’d suggest. Davis is too much of a defensive liability though might interest the promoted clubs. Other than that maybe the skipper , again to a promoted club.

The only realistic target is the manager - who carries with him an almighty amount of baggage in terms of hangers on, ‘team’ call them what you will, that might have a catastrophic impact if/when he jumps ship.

Also don’t forget the ´investors’ they might not like the mirage disappearing

But don’t panic just yet. One win or three draws might still be enough to ensure a year of purgatory.

Amongst your inevitable miserableness and tediousness, the point on Davis is possibly fair - he can come across as defensively lightweight, and I suspect that will be a key point for teams looking at him.

But the overall package for the right team is so positive. He is an assist machine, a really clever passer in the final third, a good reader of the game, quick, and his energy is astonishing. Those with three centre backs will I feel love him. So there should be lots of interest.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 15:01 - Apr 23 with 143 viewsmanagement

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 13:24 - Apr 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Brighton have been linked with Kompany if De Zerbi moves on. And as the West Ham shortlist shows (if accurate) PL teams clearly put a lot of stock having managed at the top level. McKenna is far too green - best he stays here for his development 😃.

Don't worry as a local I have proactively visited all the local bars and bars here in Brighton advising their fans he is not up to the job and from Kieron's perspective, Brighton is no County Fermanagh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024