Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games 22:03 - Apr 22 with 1815 viewsMalcolmBlue

We might need Southampton to perform some miracles

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:05 - Apr 22 with 1773 viewsGarv

I wouldn't say they were convincing, Boro just gave them so much space.

We followed up our last minute winner against Southampton with our Norwich performance, so don't be so sure this is a sign of anything. Leeds (and Leicester) are well capable of slipping up again.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:07 - Apr 22 with 1720 views_clive_baker_

Might've taken a bit out of them to be fair.

Hopefully QPR can kick lumps out them on Friday night and get a result to secure their safety. Not an easy place to go for Leeds, there's still a chance the ask of us goes from win 3 to win 2.

If not, we'll have to concentrate on going to Hull and doing the business.
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:09 - Apr 22 with 1681 viewsMalcolmBlue

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:05 - Apr 22 by Garv

We followed up our last minute winner against Southampton with our Norwich performance, so don't be so sure this is a sign of anything. Leeds (and Leicester) are well capable of slipping up again.

Hope you’re right as Hull and Cov aren’t easy games

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:11 - Apr 22 with 1637 viewsGarv

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:09 - Apr 22 by MalcolmBlue

Quite.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:16 - Apr 22 with 1526 viewsITFCBlues

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:11 - Apr 22 by Garv

Quite.

We had our chance against Watford and Boro but bottled it unfortunately. Felt massive not winning at least one of those games and think that's how it'll be.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:20 - Apr 22 with 1452 viewsbalcombeblue

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:16 - Apr 22 by ITFCBlues

We had our chance against Watford and Boro but bottled it unfortunately. Felt massive not winning at least one of those games and think that's how it'll be.

I was a bit younger, but in 2005 didn't we lose consecutive home games against Watford and QPR to let it slip?
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 1437 viewsWhos_blue

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:16 - Apr 22 by ITFCBlues

Bottled it?

I'd like to see your workings for that one!

Results didn't go how we wanted, but bottled it?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:23 - Apr 22 with 1410 viewsITFCBlues

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:21 - Apr 22 by Whos_blue

Bottled it?

I'd like to see your workings for that one!

Results didn't go how we wanted, but bottled it?

Yes, we didn't win either when we knew the results of the other sides. Almost as though the pressure got to us, especially that Watford game.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:27 - Apr 22 with 1362 viewsElderGrizzly

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:05 - Apr 22 by Garv

Agree, they only had 38% possession and had worse ‘stats’ on every metric apart from the scoreline.

Which is of course all that matters, but it was a lot of work off the ball for them

QPR are basically safe though, so depends on how much they want it on Friday
[Post edited 22 Apr 22:28]
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:37 - Apr 22 with 1276 viewsblueprint

It’s unfair to say we bottled it when you see the challenge with had this season when facing 3 sides with so much talent. I
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:51 - Apr 22 with 1206 viewsbackwaywhen

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:07 - Apr 22 by _clive_baker_

Might've taken a bit out of them to be fair.

Hopefully QPR can kick lumps out them on Friday night and get a result to secure their safety. Not an easy place to go for Leeds, there's still a chance the ask of us goes from win 3 to win 2.

If not, we'll have to concentrate on going to Hull and doing the business.

In our own hands still , win last 3 we’re promoted ……..simples
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 23:24 - Apr 22 with 1075 viewsWhos_blue

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:23 - Apr 22 by ITFCBlues

Yes, we didn't win either when we knew the results of the other sides. Almost as though the pressure got to us, especially that Watford game.

I'm not so sure.
I thought we tried hard to win both games.
We dominated large passages of play until both Watford and Boro decided to shut up shop and kill both games.
It's inevitable the players felt some pressure, but I'm struggling to agree that they bottled it as you've suggested.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 23:27 - Apr 22 with 1048 viewsEuropablue

No need to panic. Leeds have looked good in some games, but they could easily struggle against QPR, or they thrash QPR and Southampton, but can do nothing as we get two 1-0 away wins then blow Huddersfield out of the water in the final match!
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 23:43 - Apr 22 with 1006 viewsEuropablue

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:09 - Apr 22 by MalcolmBlue

QPR and Southampton aren't easy games. I'd fancy playing Hull and Coventry over those two.
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 23:47 - Apr 22 with 996 viewsEuropablue

It's hardly bottling it. We were solid, but didn't quite get the results. We didn't lose and we still have our fate in our own fans. Watford are tough to break down with a good counter attacking threat, and Middlesborough are a big attacking threat and are probably a much weaker side without their two Leeds loanees.
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 00:12 - Apr 23 with 938 viewsRyorry

This is the ultimate season for not being able to take anything for granted in football. It's both a joy and a torture, but rarely boring & therefore has a place in keeping many of us oldies alive with frequent natural adrenaline shots (though sadly it might also cause one or two to need a defibrillator) ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 06:40 - Apr 23 with 586 viewsfranz_tyson

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 22:51 - Apr 22 by backwaywhen

In our own hands still , win last 3 we’re promoted ……..simples

It's not simples because we've spent the last 10 days going down every tenuous rabbit-hole trying to find a route to promotion.
For me, 3 wins seems too much of a mountain to climb. Especially since we've lost once and drawn 2 of our last 3 games. Going from 2 out of 9 to 9 out of 9 from 3 games seems too big an ask. Prefer to go for one game at a time 3 times.
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 07:01 - Apr 23 with 545 viewspeterleeblue

FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 06:40 - Apr 23 by franz_tyson

It's not simples because we've spent the last 10 days going down every tenuous rabbit-hole trying to find a route to promotion.
For me, 3 wins seems too much of a mountain to climb. Especially since we've lost once and drawn 2 of our last 3 games. Going from 2 out of 9 to 9 out of 9 from 3 games seems too big an ask. Prefer to go for one game at a time 3 times.

I like your thinking.

Especially as your theory has to apply to Leeds and Leicester.
FFS can’t see how this win won’t spur them on for the last two games on 07:23 - Apr 23 with 484 viewsChurchman

They didn’t ’bottle it’ at all. That suggests lack of heart and faith in what they are doing and nothing could be further than the truth.

We weren’t good enough to win either game. We looked ok against Middlesbrough and even first half against Watford for about 20 mins, but we just didn’t have enough. One goal in three games.

We looked worn out and that’s hardly surprising. We had players carrying illness and injury and the loss of Hirst and Burns really hurt us. These are not excuses (I hate excuses); just how it is.

Our team has given everything against essentially a rigged system and pushed these teams to the wire. It’s no good picking on moments in a season. 46 games, the table doesn’t lie.

I suspect we will fall short and Leeds, Leicester, Saints or possibly Norwich will go up. All parachute payment stuffed clubs. Groaning with PL money and a fair few PL standard players. One club didn’t even bother with the financial rules and last years’ three relegated clubs have of course been helped out by obliging referees - see penalty count.

I dearly hope it doesn’t happen (you never know with KMs lads) but should this rotten scenario pan out, so be it. Nothing can take away what our team has achieved this season or the way they’ve gone about it. I’m proud of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024