Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey. 15:39 - Apr 21 with 1743 viewsSitfcB

Had to check that was a legit account
[Post edited 21 Apr 15:40]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Blimey. on 15:41 - Apr 21 with 1682 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looking for another points deduction for bringing the game into disrepute?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Blimey. on 15:47 - Apr 21 with 1604 viewsNeedhamChris

Now that is embarrassing.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Blimey. on 15:49 - Apr 21 with 1595 viewsEastTownBlue

I know that the fourth official Keith Stroud is a Luton fan but I didn't realise that Attwell was too. Lucky Luton having them excluded from their matches.
Blimey. on 15:49 - Apr 21 with 1582 viewsEsseeja

Am I wrong for saying fair enough to them?
Blimey. on 15:52 - Apr 21 with 1557 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blimey. on 15:49 - Apr 21 by Esseeja

Am I wrong for saying fair enough to them?

Providing the club complained officially to the Premier League in good time, it seems poor that they didn't change the official. Am I imagining that the EFL made the change for when we had a similar situation last season? It would just remove the potential for an accusation of (even unconscious) bias.

Still not good to wash their dirty laundry in public like this.

Blimey. on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 1531 viewsSitfcB

Blimey. on 15:52 - Apr 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Providing the club complained officially to the Premier League in good time, it seems poor that they didn't change the official. Am I imagining that the EFL made the change for when we had a similar situation last season? It would just remove the potential for an accusation of (even unconscious) bias.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/44790/referee-changed-for-charlton-match

COYB

Blimey. on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 1477 viewsIllinoisblue

When the club owner takes over the Twitter account from admin

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Blimey. on 15:58 - Apr 21 with 1477 viewsTheBoyBlue

This persecution of refs and conspiracy theories about them is bad enough from fans and worse from managers and players, but to be coming from a club itself is embarrassing. Grow a pair, sort your problems out (including your finances which is why you've had points deducted, not because there is some plan from the PL to get them relegated) and get on with the game.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Blimey. on 16:02 - Apr 21 with 1441 viewsEsseeja

Blimey. on 15:52 - Apr 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

The problem is that I don't know a football club, at least in the Premier League, that has not been highly affected by refereeing decisions this season, Wolves especially, but the clubs themselves haven't been brave enough to challenge the officiating in that leauge so far, but the reason why I don't know how I feel about it is that this is a very strong statement.

You can't really argue that refereeing in this country has been appalling for the most part, but I don't know about this.
Blimey. on 16:05 - Apr 21 with 1394 viewsIllinoisblue

Blimey. on 15:58 - Apr 21 by TheBoyBlue

This persecution of refs and conspiracy theories about them is bad enough from fans and worse from managers and players, but to be coming from a club itself is embarrassing. Grow a pair, sort your problems out (including your finances which is why you've had points deducted, not because there is some plan from the PL to get them relegated) and get on with the game.

They have crossed the line here. Big time. With the endless uproar over refs and finances and corruption there’ll be a riot soon.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Blimey. on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 1370 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blimey. on 16:02 - Apr 21 by Esseeja

The problem is that I don't know a football club, at least in the Premier League, that has not been highly affected by refereeing decisions this season, Wolves especially, but the clubs themselves haven't been brave enough to challenge the officiating in that leauge so far, but the reason why I don't know how I feel about it is that this is a very strong statement.

You can't really argue that refereeing in this country has been appalling for the most part, but I don't know about this.

Try thinking how that reads if you change referee for player or manager.

Why do referees get held up to unreasonable standards? Of course we want perfect decision making and that is what led to VAR, but we are talking about humans making objective decisions. Of course there will be mistakes. If there is any real evidence of deliberate bias and match fixing in them, that should be investigated and becomes a criminal offence. However, this is why so many officials give up doing the role and probably contributes to a lower final quality.

Blimey. on 16:08 - Apr 21 with 1337 viewsIPSWICHINIO

The standard of officiating in this country is no worse than any of the other European leagues (maybe discounting Bundesliga). Forest are just pandering to the 'football twitter world' with this tweet. They are where they are because they are sh!te, not because of the referees.
Blimey. on 16:13 - Apr 21 with 1278 viewsEsseeja

Blimey. on 16:06 - Apr 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Try thinking how that reads if you change referee for player or manager.

Why do referees get held up to unreasonable standards? Of course we want perfect decision making and that is what led to VAR, but we are talking about humans making objective decisions. Of course there will be mistakes. If there is any real evidence of deliberate bias and match fixing in them, that should be investigated and becomes a criminal offence. However, this is why so many officials give up doing the role and probably contributes to a lower final quality.

Devil's advocate, but they are refereeing the top league of England, one of the top leagues in the world, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect high standards from them. Nowadays, Kompany aside, you don't really see managers stay at a club very long if he doesn't perform well enough quick enough. Players are a completely different discussion because it depends on the standards and culture of the club, but there are obviously plenty of examples of players being ostracized, especially in the Championship.

Otherwise, I still don't know what I think, to be honest.
Blimey. on 16:15 - Apr 21 with 1244 viewsTheBoyBlue

Blimey. on 16:05 - Apr 21 by Illinoisblue

They have crossed the line here. Big time. With the endless uproar over refs and finances and corruption there’ll be a riot soon.

Something really nasty will happen. We need the refs and the officials, otherwise we have no game. And for the life of me, I can't see why anyone would want to be a ref these days.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Blimey. on 16:18 - Apr 21 with 1191 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blimey. on 16:13 - Apr 21 by Esseeja

Devil's advocate, but they are refereeing the top league of England, one of the top leagues in the world, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect high standards from them. Nowadays, Kompany aside, you don't really see managers stay at a club very long if he doesn't perform well enough quick enough. Players are a completely different discussion because it depends on the standards and culture of the club, but there are obviously plenty of examples of players being ostracized, especially in the Championship.

Otherwise, I still don't know what I think, to be honest.

My point is that all of these make mistakes and many are costly. In any match, the officials will get things wrong and some will matter more than others. Even when they do, some pundits will still argue over whether it was right or wrong.

Sometimes it's like whether a team suffer a bad injury to a key player or not, or whether the ball hits the inside of a post and bounces out or in.

I would disagree that the standard of refereeing is appalling at all. It is very rare to see an obviously dreadful decision and often when they are claimed to be, a different camera angle will make it look distinctly different.

Blimey. on 16:22 - Apr 21 with 1129 viewsEsseeja

Blimey. on 16:18 - Apr 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

My point is that all of these make mistakes and many are costly. In any match, the officials will get things wrong and some will matter more than others. Even when they do, some pundits will still argue over whether it was right or wrong.

Sometimes it's like whether a team suffer a bad injury to a key player or not, or whether the ball hits the inside of a post and bounces out or in.

I would disagree that the standard of refereeing is appalling at all. It is very rare to see an obviously dreadful decision and often when they are claimed to be, a different camera angle will make it look distinctly different.

I don't think it's my case to argue, because I don't agree with the statement outright.

I think the more bizarre thing that has followed from this statement is Nuno and Neco Williams effectively agreeing in their post-match interviews that they have continuously had decisions go against them this season. Mental.
Blimey. on 16:32 - Apr 21 with 1032 viewsElderGrizzly

Blimey. on 15:57 - Apr 21 by Illinoisblue

When the club owner takes over the Twitter account from admin

I’d assumed it was Clattenburg

“Premier League ready…”
Blimey. on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 960 viewsBLUEBEAT

What options do they actually have?

Refuse to play?

Blub incessantly? They do that already.

Poll: W or W

Blimey. on 17:00 - Apr 21 with 786 viewscharlie1

Without thinking about this in any depth, how about the three ‘on-field’ officials are only there to monitor ball placement, conduct etc. and administer the decisions made by the three off-field officials, who are appointed anonymously by PGMOL in advance.

Like amateur boxing, the three off-field officials have two buttons, one for each team.
If all three press the same of their two buttons within one second of each other there are lights at pitch side to display the decision.
No-one to whinge at, no review.
Get on with it.

VAR clearly doesn’t seem to be the answer. Humans can’t be trusted, so I don’t know what the answer is.

Do away with officials altogether and let them sort it out themselves in a massive free-for-all I suppose.
Blimey. on 17:11 - Apr 21 with 668 viewsbrazil1982

It's the standard excuse now, always the officials' fault. The ongoing criticism of officials is disgraceful.
Blimey. on 17:18 - Apr 21 with 632 viewsSitfcB

Hahaha.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024