Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London 09:04 - Apr 21 with 17567 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:39 - Apr 21 with 1074 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:30 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. Edited.

I still don't understand* that 2nd sentence in the penultimate paragraph. Would you mind looking at it again?

I've had a couple of beers, but I don't think they were THAT strong. Apologies in advance if my reading comprehension has failed me because of a couple of bottles of Leffe.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:47 - Apr 21 with 1020 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:16 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Taking a very one sided view on the IsraelPalestine conflict that blinds you to Jewish man being discriminated against in the streets of London.

You previously claimed that you are interested in "genuine conversation" but you have spent this thread bending over backwards to excuse the discrimination this British Jew has suffered. Even comparing him to a football fan sitting in a rival's part of the ground.

He is a Londoner wanting to go about is daily business in London. He wasn't allowed to do that due to being openly Jewish.

edit. A good example of this is that it has been reported on every major news outlet. There is video footage available and posted on this thread. Gideon has gave a testimony to back up the video footage. But you give equal balance to a random twitter link which even says that he wasn't part of a counter protest or go anywhere near the counter protest.

Your post "Whose turn of events is true? Was GB there and witnessed it first hand or is he relying on third-party reporting? Or were the people who posted a different perspective there and saw it live?"

I'm recycling third party reporting, when in fact I'm linking video footage filmed by people who were there of the incident, Gideon's statement and a Skey News report in which the Metropolitan Police apologise and then apologise for their apology.

People who posted a different perspective there and saw it live, which is some random bloke on twitter ho even admits that Gideon was not part of the counter protest and didn't go anywhere near it.

It's false equivalence which comes from your confirmation bias.

[Post edited 21 Apr 21:27]

Must say it was great to see this lovely man referring to the demonstrations as "hate mobs" being "appeased" by The Met on the news tonight. He seems to have a problem with his use of words for someone that monitors them so closely.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:49 - Apr 21 with 1023 viewsRyorry

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:05 - Apr 21 by ChorleyBoy

It's my understanding that when threads go "further south" Phil intervenes and deletes as he he sees fit after certain comments have been reported as abusive. Perhaps Phil is reading all these non-football threads, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure that you can report an offensive post and expect it (or the thread) to remain visible in the future.

If there are incriminating posts you want to refer to in the future, don't flag them as abusive.

Perhaps I am missing the point here, but I would say that when it comes to politics, most people are consistent in their beliefs and are unlikely to take back what they have said, so reporting abuse and then hoping that the offending comment is preserved for posterity is a non-starter.

In my opinion the report abuse button should only be used to report abuse directed at individual posters, not their opinions or beliefs.

Eh? What are you talking about?

There's nothing that's been reported as abusive on this thread - or if there has been, I haven''t seen it.

Fwiw, yes, I think you have missed the point

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:54 - Apr 21 with 999 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:49 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

Eh? What are you talking about?

There's nothing that's been reported as abusive on this thread - or if there has been, I haven''t seen it.

Fwiw, yes, I think you have missed the point

"A note for Phil - if the thread goes further south & you're considering deleting the whole thing, please *don't* - just lock it instead."

I doubt Phil reads much of the non-footy stuff. So my point is that he will only intervene if his attention is drawn to the thread by someone reporting a post as abusive.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:55 - Apr 21 with 983 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:32 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

A note for Phil - if the thread goes further south & you're considering deleting the whole thing, please *don't* - just lock it instead.

We need some posts to stay up in black & white, so that further down the line, their authors can't deny that they said what they said.

Why would he possibly delete it?We definitely need to preserve that bit wherecyou imply that having a go at him if he was Israeli might have been fair game. If I had implied the same then the likes of Bloots and others would have been all over it.

“Seriously - even if he did try to cross multiple times, why on earth should that be a problem for an alleged *peace* march which included *Jewish* protesters against *Israel*? The guy trying to cross is just Jewish, not Israeli for heaven’s sake.”

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:11 - Apr 21 with 955 viewsBigalhunter

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:55 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why would he possibly delete it?We definitely need to preserve that bit wherecyou imply that having a go at him if he was Israeli might have been fair game. If I had implied the same then the likes of Bloots and others would have been all over it.

“Seriously - even if he did try to cross multiple times, why on earth should that be a problem for an alleged *peace* march which included *Jewish* protesters against *Israel*? The guy trying to cross is just Jewish, not Israeli for heaven’s sake.”

Having now worked my way through the 7 pages of this thread, and seen the footage on the BBC news, I find myself in the unusual position of changing my opinion and agreeing with GB.

The police should not have intervened and just let him go about his rightful business.

He has every right to be on a London street being openly Jewish and it was a ridiculously discriminatory and prejudiced police intervention.

I also echo Ryorry’s request that Phil doesn’t just delete the thread.
[Post edited 21 Apr 23:29]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:35 - Apr 21 with 925 viewsRyorry

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:55 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I implied, certainly meant no such thing whatsoever - the thought hadn't even crossed my mind, as it would be an outrageous view.

Your interpretation of my words is totally incorrect.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:43 - Apr 21 with 905 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:11 - Apr 21 by Bigalhunter

Having now worked my way through the 7 pages of this thread, and seen the footage on the BBC news, I find myself in the unusual position of changing my opinion and agreeing with GB.

The police should not have intervened and just let him go about his rightful business.

He has every right to be on a London street being openly Jewish and it was a ridiculously discriminatory and prejudiced police intervention.

I have stated multiple times on the thread that he should have been left unhindered and my issue with him has been about the words he chooses to use.

Login to get fewer ads

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:46 - Apr 21 with 896 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:35 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

I implied, certainly meant no such thing whatsoever - the thought hadn't even crossed my mind, as it would be an outrageous view.

Your interpretation of my words is totally incorrect.

I don't imagine it is what you meant but it is what your words suggest. I'm still not sure what you were trying to say mind you.
[Post edited 21 Apr 23:47]

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:49 - Apr 21 with 892 viewsRyorry

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:46 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't imagine it is what you meant but it is what your words suggest. I'm still not sure what you were trying to say mind you.
[Post edited 21 Apr 23:47]

I think "what my words suggest" very much depends on the mind of the individual reading them.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:55 - Apr 21 with 875 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:49 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

I think "what my words suggest" very much depends on the mind of the individual reading them.

So give me the positive take.

"The guy trying to cross is just Jewish, not Israeli for heaven’s sake.”
[Post edited 21 Apr 23:56]

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 00:00 - Apr 22 with 873 viewsRyorry

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:55 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

So give me the positive take.

"The guy trying to cross is just Jewish, not Israeli for heaven’s sake.”
[Post edited 21 Apr 23:56]

Oh for heavens' sake, you're not stupid & are perfectly capable of working it out for yourself.

Stop being so disingenuous. I'm not playing your game, goodnight.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 00:09 - Apr 22 with 855 viewsreusersfreekicks

Observer online report is interesting.
Doesn't defend the appalling language of the police officer or the threat of arrest.
But says that these marches usually have a large Jewish block and this one had Holocaust survivors who experiencd no issues at all.
Plus that resentment was simmering in the Met at Gideon Falter trying to catch the Met out by attending a number of these marches.
Also that he was seen (filmed) on both sides of the march at different times.
So the whole situation is complicated by motives and agendas if this reporting is accurrate.
[Post edited 22 Apr 0:23]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 05:01 - Apr 22 with 771 viewsbluelagos

Sky captured the fuller exchange, so some more context here.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-footage-reveals-new-details-of-exchange-betw

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 05:46 - Apr 22 with 741 viewsZapers

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 23:11 - Apr 21 by Bigalhunter

So what is it that you can see, and a few entrenched can't, or don't want to see?

At least you stand up and admit you made a hasty judgement, and have since changed your opinion.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:03 - Apr 22 with 681 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 05:01 - Apr 22 by bluelagos

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-footage-reveals-new-details-of-exchange-betw

Colour me shocked. It's almost like he was looking to provoke a reaction and wasn't all that bothered about getting home. He discredits the organisation which he heads and is clearly a man with an agenda as illustrated by his words, "anti Israel demonstration" by an "appeased hate mob." Meanwhile the bodies of murdered woman and children in the Gaza genocide continue to pile up.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:04 - Apr 22 with 686 viewsvictorywilhappen

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 05:01 - Apr 22 by bluelagos

More context. "scum, Baby killer, from the river to..." being shouted and being surrounded by the mob on a pavement which is where the public and non-prescribed protesters should be.

But this film does show that he ( Gideon) was exercising his rights and being a royal pain in showing that the mob are not all happy clappy.

The Mob show they are committing arrest-worthy offences and give reason for future protests to be handled or changed so citizens may not be intimidated.

The usual suspects will no doubt feel victorious about this video and pretend the hate speech is nothing to be concerned about and only from a minority. So we should get over it.

Edit- And if by magic..above
[Post edited 22 Apr 7:08]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:09 - Apr 22 with 655 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:04 - Apr 22 by victorywilhappen

More context. "scum, Baby killer, from the river to..." being shouted and being surrounded by the mob on a pavement which is where the public and non-prescribed protesters should be.

But this film does show that he ( Gideon) was exercising his rights and being a royal pain in showing that the mob are not all happy clappy.

The Mob show they are committing arrest-worthy offences and give reason for future protests to be handled or changed so citizens may not be intimidated.

The usual suspects will no doubt feel victorious about this video and pretend the hate speech is nothing to be concerned about and only from a minority. So we should get over it.

I'm sorry but I thought he was just trying to get home from his place of worship. It is a shame that you can't acknowledge this and now choose to bang on about mobs (ones with capital M's at that!)
It's a shame that in the corner you have backed yourself into you will now lash out. Have a good day.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:12 - Apr 22 with 645 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 00:09 - Apr 22 by reusersfreekicks

Observer online report is interesting.
Doesn't defend the appalling language of the police officer or the threat of arrest.
But says that these marches usually have a large Jewish block and this one had Holocaust survivors who experiencd no issues at all.
Plus that resentment was simmering in the Met at Gideon Falter trying to catch the Met out by attending a number of these marches.
Also that he was seen (filmed) on both sides of the march at different times.
So the whole situation is complicated by motives and agendas if this reporting is accurrate.
[Post edited 22 Apr 0:23]

I wonder how many times a man needs to cross a road and/or walk against the flow of a demonstration to get home or indeed find a confrontation! Lucky for him the Met finally filled the void.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:15 - Apr 22 with 638 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 05:46 - Apr 22 by Zapers

So what is it that you can see, and a few entrenched can't, or don't want to see?

At least you stand up and admit you made a hasty judgement, and have since changed your opinion.

Whenever I am faced with a situation in life or observing events in the World , I like to pause, reflect and consider, "but what would Zapers think?"

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:39 - Apr 22 with 602 viewsElderGrizzly

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:03 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Colour me shocked. It's almost like he was looking to provoke a reaction and wasn't all that bothered about getting home. He discredits the organisation which he heads and is clearly a man with an agenda as illustrated by his words, "anti Israel demonstration" by an "appeased hate mob." Meanwhile the bodies of murdered woman and children in the Gaza genocide continue to pile up.

What the Police said Saturday was clearly unacceptable.

Gideon clearly has an agenda though and has been doing this for months, even once driving an ‘advertising’van through a protest (or trying to).

Gideon Falter is also Vice Chair of UK branch of largest Israeli settlement building body in Palestine whose members include Netanyahu.

This wasn’t just a bloke out for a walk who happened upon a protest
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:44 - Apr 22 with 576 viewsvictorywilhappen

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:09 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm sorry but I thought he was just trying to get home from his place of worship. It is a shame that you can't acknowledge this and now choose to bang on about mobs (ones with capital M's at that!)
It's a shame that in the corner you have backed yourself into you will now lash out. Have a good day.

We can all see what you did then.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:47 - Apr 22 with 561 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:44 - Apr 22 by victorywilhappen

We can all see what you did then.

Is it get proved right.....keep throwing those punches though.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:50 - Apr 22 with 539 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:39 - Apr 22 by ElderGrizzly

What the Police said Saturday was clearly unacceptable.

Gideon clearly has an agenda though and has been doing this for months, even once driving an ‘advertising’van through a protest (or trying to).

Gideon Falter is also Vice Chair of UK branch of largest Israeli settlement building body in Palestine whose members include Netanyahu.

This wasn’t just a bloke out for a walk who happened upon a protest

There's a UK branch of the largest Israeli settlement building body....wow!

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:30 - Apr 22 with 462 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:04 - Apr 22 by victorywilhappen

I think the people behind the genocide in Palestine are scum and baby killers. So too were those members of Hamas who killed innocent civilians.

Don't you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024