Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone doing RSD today? 07:25 - Apr 20 with 1060 viewsWhos_blue

Off to Lost in vinyl in Cambridge this morning.
Got my eye on the expanded version of Osmium by Parliament.
Not an RSD release, but also picking up the English Teacher LP.

Anyone else got any wants for today?
[Post edited 20 Apr 8:00]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Anyone doing RSD today? on 07:56 - Apr 20 with 982 viewsBluesky

Just re-entered vinyl world and for now still bewildered by the marketplace Nania. But good luck with your hunting!
Anyone doing RSD today? on 08:30 - Apr 20 with 940 viewsazuremerlangus

Slice of Vinyl in Gosport for me.

Having recently go back back to vinyl after some 30+ years I’m still re-buying vinyl I used to own and getting classic albums I’ve never had (in any format) - Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon as an example.

For the new stuff I usually I listen to the samples on iTunes before taking the plunge in to unchartered territory - anything similar to Crowded House/Finn/Neil Finn I’ll happily have a dabble at without too much research.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Anyone doing RSD today? on 08:34 - Apr 20 with 930 viewsbrogansnose

Bloomin' 'eck. Forgot all about this - I'm blaming the football - anyway. I'll try and pop into Relevant on the other side of town and I'm looking at the Talking Heads Live , The Slits and possibly Mavis Staples.
Anyone doing RSD today? on 09:02 - Apr 20 with 887 viewsblueislander

Anyone doing RSD today? on 08:34 - Apr 20 by brogansnose

Bloomin' 'eck. Forgot all about this - I'm blaming the football - anyway. I'll try and pop into Relevant on the other side of town and I'm looking at the Talking Heads Live , The Slits and possibly Mavis Staples.

There is a poster on TWTD who is a professional record dealer. He has obtained 50s and 60s singles for my jukebox at very reasonable prices. I haven’t mentioned his username out of courtesy , but he may want to respond.
Anyone doing RSD today? on 11:19 - Apr 20 with 775 viewsWhos_blue

Anyone doing RSD today? on 08:34 - Apr 20 by brogansnose

Popped to Relevant too.

Both shops very busy.

Managed to get what I wanted, so pleased I went.

Anyone doing RSD today? on 11:28 - Apr 20 with 753 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ewwwww....misread that as RKD and wondered where the forum was heading!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone doing RSD today? on 13:25 - Apr 20 with 692 viewsBlueBoots

Anyone doing RSD today? on 09:02 - Apr 20 by blueislander

There is a poster on TWTD who is a professional record dealer. He has obtained 50s and 60s singles for my jukebox at very reasonable prices. I haven’t mentioned his username out of courtesy , but he may want to respond.

I don't do new vinyl so RSD isn't really my cup of tea...living in London, there will be a record fair to visit somewhere every weekend and lots of bargains to be had. As an example of prices, at a fair yesterday from one seller I picked up a 1st press Rubycon by Tangerine Dream from 1975, a 1st press Final Straw by Snow Patrol from 2004 (tenner apiece) and a Crusaders album from 1973 for a fiver - and seller only charged me £20 for the 3. Some of the prices for RSD releases are pretty eye-watering...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Anyone doing RSD today? on 18:50 - Apr 20 with 587 viewsEatonBlue

Anyone doing RSD today? on 08:30 - Apr 20 by azuremerlangus

Slice of Vinyl in Gosport for me.

Having recently go back back to vinyl after some 30+ years I’m still re-buying vinyl I used to own and getting classic albums I’ve never had (in any format) - Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon as an example.

For the new stuff I usually I listen to the samples on iTunes before taking the plunge in to unchartered territory - anything similar to Crowded House/Finn/Neil Finn I’ll happily have a dabble at without too much research.

Pie and Vinyl in Southsea is the place to go I'm told.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone doing RSD today? on 21:56 - Apr 20 with 506 viewsBLUEBEAT

I love records but don’t participate in RSD.

Why would you buy the excellent Temples ‘Sun Structures’ reissue for £44 when you can easily get an original for around a tenner?

Why would you buy Charlatans ‘Indian Rope’ reissue for £24 when you can get an original for £5/10?

It seems to me that the likes of RSD and the market targeted for sh!tty Crosley record players have brought about a new breed of people into ‘vinyls’, not ‘records’, who would rather have the millionth reissue of ‘Revolver’ because it’s on white vinyl rather than a nice and easily obtainable original from the year of release. Weird.

Poll: W or W

Anyone doing RSD today? on 22:00 - Apr 20 with 502 viewsredrickstuhaart

Anyone doing RSD today? on 21:56 - Apr 20 by BLUEBEAT

Why would you buy the excellent Temples ‘Sun Structures’ reissue for £44 when you can easily get an original for around a tenner?

Why would you buy Charlatans ‘Indian Rope’ reissue for £24 when you can get an original for £5/10?

It seems to me that the likes of RSD and the market targeted for sh!tty Crosley record players have brought about a new breed of people into ‘vinyls’, not ‘records’, who would rather have the millionth reissue of ‘Revolver’ because it’s on white vinyl rather than a nice and easily obtainable original from the year of release. Weird.

Not much in the list for my tatses this time.

I might see if I can grab the Boogie Down Productions 7 inch tomorrow.
Anyone doing RSD today? on 22:25 - Apr 20 with 478 viewsPerublue

Anyone doing RSD today? on 11:28 - Apr 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ewwwww....misread that as RKD and wondered where the forum was heading!

Me too.... . I was all unzipped and tissue in hand ready to read the days deeds.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Anyone doing RSD today? on 11:42 - Apr 21 with 289 viewsWhos_blue

Anyone doing RSD today? on 21:56 - Apr 20 by BLUEBEAT

In the main I support what you say, but I went to two indie stores yesterday and both were packed. That has to be a good thing.
Vinyl has always been my go to format and it goes hand in hand of my love of hi fi too.
I think whether someone wants to buy the millionth version of Revolver (a fine album by the way!) on white vinyl, it comes down to choice.
On a very long list of RSD releases, there was only one album I particularly wanted. I already have a copy, but this was expanded and at a decent price, so my choice to purchase. I will sell on my other copy.
What bothers me more is those who buy up RSD releases and list them immediately on ebay at even more inflated prices.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024