Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? 23:09 - Apr 15 with 587 viewsRyorry

TWTD hive? Can't bend knee at all, so can't sit or drive to physio. Can't use a roller due to arthritis. I've read I should rest & ice, but where do you place the ice-pack - over hip, knee, or somewhere between?

Not something I've ever experienced before & is a big stopper of activity, am hobbling round house. Has been building up slowly over past week, but today was thrown completely off balance (twice) by my pup, which seems to have totally jiggered it.

Thanks if you can help 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 00:02 - Apr 16 with 539 viewsBossy

I was a relatively fit young lad when I had this and was new to running. I know you said you can't do this but the truth is I had to roll it to smithereens. I was watching TV on the floor rolling it over and over every night, getting into pigeon pose (not king pigeon) as much as I could. Usually a tight ITB can be down to tight glutes etc, so stretch those too. You have to put the work in where you can to manage injuries and ailments.

Most people stretch like they're in a rush. Get into pigeon pose and breath into it, relax, letting your weight do the work and do it for 1 or 2 mins at a time. Don't blast a stretch for 20 seconds. It'll feel uncomfy at first but trust me, it works.
[Post edited 16 Apr 0:18]
Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 00:58 - Apr 16 with 489 viewsRyorry

Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 00:02 - Apr 16 by Bossy

I was a relatively fit young lad when I had this and was new to running. I know you said you can't do this but the truth is I had to roll it to smithereens. I was watching TV on the floor rolling it over and over every night, getting into pigeon pose (not king pigeon) as much as I could. Usually a tight ITB can be down to tight glutes etc, so stretch those too. You have to put the work in where you can to manage injuries and ailments.

Most people stretch like they're in a rush. Get into pigeon pose and breath into it, relax, letting your weight do the work and do it for 1 or 2 mins at a time. Don't blast a stretch for 20 seconds. It'll feel uncomfy at first but trust me, it works.
[Post edited 16 Apr 0:18]

Appreciate the input, but sadly I can't even get down onto the floor to do the rolls, never mind get up again, haha! Your info might well be useful to others though 👍

Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 06:56 - Apr 16 with 386 viewsChalonerC

Very painful, and I had similar after being smashedbinto by a car 2cyrscago,cwhile on my bike! Try gentle excersises to start with and build up.
Rest up, eat healthy, and do be impatient.

A heat lamp worked wonders, twice a day.

Several websites give excs. Here is one. Good luck!

https://www.sports-injury-physio.com/post/exercises-for-it-band-syndrome

OldGaffer

Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 06:59 - Apr 16 with 382 viewsChalonerC

And here is the best excs, illustrated and easy to understand.

https://www.healthline.com/health/itb-stretches

OldGaffer

Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 11:08 - Apr 16 with 287 viewsRyorry

Any tips for speeding up recovery from Ilio-tibial band (ITB) injury pls? on 06:56 - Apr 16 by ChalonerC

Very painful, and I had similar after being smashedbinto by a car 2cyrscago,cwhile on my bike! Try gentle excersises to start with and build up.
Rest up, eat healthy, and do be impatient.

A heat lamp worked wonders, twice a day.

Several websites give excs. Here is one. Good luck!

https://www.sports-injury-physio.com/post/exercises-for-it-band-syndrome

Many thanks, particularly for the suggestion re heat lamps - have looked online & seen you can get hand-held infra-red ones, including some that'll also apply massage, which in light of me not being able to do the rolling seems a great option. There also seem to be some which are laser treatments without heat (mixed reviews). Cheers 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024