Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wes Burns 08:22 - Apr 15 with 2117 viewsAdelaideblue

So with no news, do we think Wes could be fit again for the last three must win games of the season.....?

I am certainly of the belief we need him back, like with Hirst over Christmas our slight drop off in results is directly linked to him being absent, and whilst Omari is an awesome player we just miss Burns direct running.

So, have we heard and or what do we think?
Wes Burns on 08:25 - Apr 15 with 2094 viewsITFCBlues

KM said that the plan was for him to be back after the two week break already?

I very much doubt he will be starting, but could be good for a cameo of some sort.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Wes Burns on 08:26 - Apr 15 with 2063 viewsAdelaideblue

Wes Burns on 08:25 - Apr 15 by ITFCBlues

KM said that the plan was for him to be back after the two week break already?

I very much doubt he will be starting, but could be good for a cameo of some sort.

That's cool, I hadn't read that from KmC
Wes Burns on 08:31 - Apr 15 with 2027 viewsStokieBlue

I'm really hoping for a shock Hirst return as well as Burns.

Unlikely to happen of course but with a two week break now one can dream.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wes Burns on 09:15 - Apr 15 with 1872 viewsbaxterbasics

Wes Burns on 08:31 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

I'm really hoping for a shock Hirst return as well as Burns.

Unlikely to happen of course but with a two week break now one can dream.

SB

Hirst will surely be somewhat rusty even if he is physically ready to play. Would expect a cameo appearance only. Though wouldn't it be beautiful if he comes on Vs Hudds and scores the winner that secures us promotion.

Burns should be more up to it given he won't have been out for so long. Then hopefully Chappers has someone feeding him again, and everything is kushdi.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Wes Burns on 10:12 - Apr 15 with 1740 viewsitfcpaul

From an extremely reliable source, I was told Saturday that Burns will be back for the Hull game, maybe only on the bench and Hirst will be back for the Coventry game, maybe Hull, but more likely Coventry, if everything goes OK with the rehabilitation
[Post edited 15 Apr 10:12]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Wes Burns on 10:19 - Apr 15 with 1659 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieran says both he and Hirst could be back after the break all being well. I'm guessing he's underplaying the situation, Town have tended to do this with injuries over the last couple of years, and they will be.

McKenna: We're Pretty Stretched 9th Apr 2024 14:47
Town boss Kieran McKenna says his squad remains “pretty stretched” due to illness and injury but that everyone aside from longer-term absentees George Hirst, Wes Burns and Janoi Donacien trained today. 10

McKenna: Two-Week Gap a Positive 12th Apr 2024 16:07
Town boss Kieran McKenna says the two-week break after Saturday’s home game against Middlesbrough is being viewed as wholly positive following a busy period of matches since the last international break. 5

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wes Burns on 11:16 - Apr 15 with 1411 viewsdavblue

Wes Burns on 10:19 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

Kieran says both he and Hirst could be back after the break all being well. I'm guessing he's underplaying the situation, Town have tended to do this with injuries over the last couple of years, and they will be.

McKenna: We're Pretty Stretched 9th Apr 2024 14:47
Town boss Kieran McKenna says his squad remains “pretty stretched” due to illness and injury but that everyone aside from longer-term absentees George Hirst, Wes Burns and Janoi Donacien trained today. 10

McKenna: Two-Week Gap a Positive 12th Apr 2024 16:07
Town boss Kieran McKenna says the two-week break after Saturday’s home game against Middlesbrough is being viewed as wholly positive following a busy period of matches since the last international break. 5

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hirst told the mascots he was 4 weeks away on Saturday.

I would imagine that's a little white lie as that would be him done for the season pretty much.
Wes Burns on 11:18 - Apr 15 with 1386 viewsdavblue

Wes Burns on 09:15 - Apr 15 by baxterbasics

Hirst will surely be somewhat rusty even if he is physically ready to play. Would expect a cameo appearance only. Though wouldn't it be beautiful if he comes on Vs Hudds and scores the winner that secures us promotion.

Burns should be more up to it given he won't have been out for so long. Then hopefully Chappers has someone feeding him again, and everything is kushdi.

i would imagine Hirst is someone who will need a run of games to get into any sort of Rhythm. Might be handy for 20 mins or so if Al-Hamadi is struggling with that calf or that blows up.
[Post edited 15 Apr 11:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Wes Burns on 11:22 - Apr 15 with 1331 viewsSomethingBlue

Wes Burns on 11:18 - Apr 15 by davblue

i would imagine Hirst is someone who will need a run of games to get into any sort of Rhythm. Might be handy for 20 mins or so if Al-Hamadi is struggling with that calf or that blows up.
[Post edited 15 Apr 11:24]

Burns is the one we really need back and – realistically – could get something gamechanging from in the final three games. Hirst feels like a nice-to-have if we need to go through the play-offs.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Wes Burns on 11:27 - Apr 15 with 1258 viewsdavblue

Wes Burns on 11:22 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

Burns is the one we really need back and – realistically – could get something gamechanging from in the final three games. Hirst feels like a nice-to-have if we need to go through the play-offs.

as good as Hutchinson has been, he holds onto the ball when in crossing positions, will be hard to time runs for Moore in particular, we haven't utilised his height nearly enough in crossing situations probably since his 1st game at Preston.

Burns will probably help in that sense as he's more direct and gets his crosses in earlier and from wider than Hutchinson.
Wes Burns on 12:09 - Apr 15 with 1074 viewsSmithersJones

Wes Burns on 11:27 - Apr 15 by davblue

as good as Hutchinson has been, he holds onto the ball when in crossing positions, will be hard to time runs for Moore in particular, we haven't utilised his height nearly enough in crossing situations probably since his 1st game at Preston.

Burns will probably help in that sense as he's more direct and gets his crosses in earlier and from wider than Hutchinson.

The way we play with starters and finishers Hutchinson is always going to play some part. So effectively Burns has been replaced recently either by Jackson or by Hutchinson playing the full 90 minutes. Notable too that Harness has hardly played recently.
Wes Burns on 12:14 - Apr 15 with 1037 viewsdavblue

Wes Burns on 12:09 - Apr 15 by SmithersJones

The way we play with starters and finishers Hutchinson is always going to play some part. So effectively Burns has been replaced recently either by Jackson or by Hutchinson playing the full 90 minutes. Notable too that Harness has hardly played recently.

I’m not saying Hutchinson should be dropped, there’s an argument he maybe should be in that 10 position with Chaplin not in great form atm if we had everyone fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024