Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brandon Williams 06:52 - Apr 15 with 3467 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I know it's getting boring now, but internally at least, does anyone know if the club have made a decision that Brandon Williams won't be returning?

I know the party line is that he needs to build up a level of fitness at Man United before returning, but it can't be helpful if the club are kept in the dark.
Brandon Williams on 07:03 - Apr 15 with 3390 viewsBattersea_Blue

I doubt very much that the club is being left in the dark. ITFC will know the exact position, but for obvious reasons won't make it public and will be professional because he's a Man Utd player, meaning it's up to Utd what they say or don't say.

We should just leave it alone and assume he's not coming back until/unless we're told otherwise.
Brandon Williams on 07:05 - Apr 15 with 3363 viewsJimmy86

Can't see him returning this season now, with only 3 games left...

I would imagine the more pertinent discussion would be if we try to sign him, if we get promoted..think that ship may have sailed though, as he has too much baggage
Brandon Williams on 07:16 - Apr 15 with 3291 viewsNeedhamChris

His hearing for charges of dangerous driving and driving without insurance (charges he denies) is this Friday at Chester Crown Court.

I'd imagine therefore that he's still going to be up in Manchester addressing that and his health concern.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Brandon Williams on 07:41 - Apr 15 with 3097 viewsEuropablue

Brandon Williams on 07:05 - Apr 15 by Jimmy86

Can't see him returning this season now, with only 3 games left...

I would imagine the more pertinent discussion would be if we try to sign him, if we get promoted..think that ship may have sailed though, as he has too much baggage

He's not coming back. He could have been an integral part of the squad and there were definitely times when we could have used him. I imagine that him coming back would be more disruptive than it's worth. I would be very surprised if we showed any interest in signing him again unless KM has a close relationship with him and is willing to put his neck on the line for him. We have shown no further interest even in players who were very model professionals for us.
Brandon Williams on 07:58 - Apr 15 with 2987 viewsSharkey

Brandon Williams on 07:03 - Apr 15 by Battersea_Blue

I doubt very much that the club is being left in the dark. ITFC will know the exact position, but for obvious reasons won't make it public and will be professional because he's a Man Utd player, meaning it's up to Utd what they say or don't say.

We should just leave it alone and assume he's not coming back until/unless we're told otherwise.

Hopefully on that basis it's United who are paying him.
Brandon Williams on 08:11 - Apr 15 with 2903 viewsHighgateBlue

Brandon Williams on 07:03 - Apr 15 by Battersea_Blue

Agree entirely with the last sentence. I just hope we're not paying a substantial portion of his not insubstantial wages.

I'm not sure that Town have taken the right approach to fan engagement here. They get so much right, to be fair, but I'm just not sure here.

In my view they should have said "personal matter" and asked fans not to speculate a long time ago, and there would have been unhelpful speculation from far fewer online posters as to the real issue. Rather than that, they have strongly given the impression for months that it's just a physical issue from which he will return, leaving Twitter to fill in the vacuum.

Below is the timeline (from KMac quotes):

12th Jan: “He’s had various things, he’s had a couple of different little contact knocks, he had a soft tissue issue and he’s had some illness as well, so he’s getting assessed by their medical team.” For him to return to Town "would be our desire".

2nd Feb: “We're happy that that decision has been reached,” “He's still at United. He's probably going to be there for another 10 days, two weeks maximum while he finishes off his recovery."

“But we're hopeful then that we'll get back a Brandon Williams in a better place from a physical point of view and we know that that can be a big addition to the group, and he can again hopefully help us in the last stages of the season.”

14th Feb: "still with United"

23rd Feb: "he's had a setback", "we’re not sure how long the setback’s going to take, but he’s not even on the grass with them yet"

8th March "no news"

27th March "not really any change from our point of view"

The strong implication of the above is that this was just a physical issue. Clearly that is, let's say, not the case.
Brandon Williams on 08:21 - Apr 15 with 2832 viewsHerbivore

Brandon Williams on 08:11 - Apr 15 by HighgateBlue

Agree entirely with the last sentence. I just hope we're not paying a substantial portion of his not insubstantial wages.

I'm not sure that Town have taken the right approach to fan engagement here. They get so much right, to be fair, but I'm just not sure here.

In my view they should have said "personal matter" and asked fans not to speculate a long time ago, and there would have been unhelpful speculation from far fewer online posters as to the real issue. Rather than that, they have strongly given the impression for months that it's just a physical issue from which he will return, leaving Twitter to fill in the vacuum.

Below is the timeline (from KMac quotes):

12th Jan: “He’s had various things, he’s had a couple of different little contact knocks, he had a soft tissue issue and he’s had some illness as well, so he’s getting assessed by their medical team.” For him to return to Town "would be our desire".

2nd Feb: “We're happy that that decision has been reached,” “He's still at United. He's probably going to be there for another 10 days, two weeks maximum while he finishes off his recovery."

“But we're hopeful then that we'll get back a Brandon Williams in a better place from a physical point of view and we know that that can be a big addition to the group, and he can again hopefully help us in the last stages of the season.”

14th Feb: "still with United"

23rd Feb: "he's had a setback", "we’re not sure how long the setback’s going to take, but he’s not even on the grass with them yet"

8th March "no news"

27th March "not really any change from our point of view"

The strong implication of the above is that this was just a physical issue. Clearly that is, let's say, not the case.

He's not our player, it's not really our call what information we put out or not.
[Post edited 15 Apr 9:05]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brandon Williams on 08:38 - Apr 15 with 2736 viewstextbackup

Complete waste of a loan, and squad position.
Shame as we seem to really be hot on signing the model pros these days, I guess every now and then one will slip through the net if they feel the talent is too much to turn down

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Brandon Williams on 09:12 - Apr 15 with 2535 viewsbaxterbasics

Such a shame, such a waste. Going by the couple of performances he put in, not a huge amount of data I kow, he could have been a potential PotS if he'd kept in shape and out of trouble. Hope he sorts it out and gets his career on track, but yeah seems doubtful he's ever playing in Town colours again.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Brandon Williams on 09:53 - Apr 15 with 2391 viewsEatonBlue

I cannot see him playing again this season but it would be good to get him to Portman Road on May 4th to join in the celebrations.
Brandon Williams on 09:57 - Apr 15 with 2340 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams on 09:53 - Apr 15 by EatonBlue

I cannot see him playing again this season but it would be good to get him to Portman Road on May 4th to join in the celebrations.

Why?

Brandon Williams on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 2258 viewsLord_Lucan

Brandon Williams on 09:12 - Apr 15 by baxterbasics

Such a shame, such a waste. Going by the couple of performances he put in, not a huge amount of data I kow, he could have been a potential PotS if he'd kept in shape and out of trouble. Hope he sorts it out and gets his career on track, but yeah seems doubtful he's ever playing in Town colours again.

If he hadn't of been a tw4t we might have been promoted by now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brandon Williams on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 2209 viewsTractorWood

Brandon Williams on 08:38 - Apr 15 by textbackup

Complete waste of a loan, and squad position.
Shame as we seem to really be hot on signing the model pros these days, I guess every now and then one will slip through the net if they feel the talent is too much to turn down

He was not a model pro by all accounts up the A140 for that lot.

Great player, such a shame.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Brandon Williams on 11:32 - Apr 15 with 1959 viewsEatonBlue

Brandon Williams on 09:57 - Apr 15 by textbackup

Why?

Part of the group, 17 appearances, 2 goals.
Brandon Williams on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 1817 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams on 11:32 - Apr 15 by EatonBlue

Part of the group… yeah, course he is

Brandon Williams on 12:17 - Apr 15 with 1734 views_clive_baker_

Contractually I guess there's some value in him still being eligible to play. If Davis picks up an injury and we're looking at a playoff campaign I dare say that might pose the question on whether Williams comes back, but given the length of his layoff I would say it's highly likely we've seen the last of him in a town shirt.
Brandon Williams on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 1722 views_clive_baker_

Why?

Supplies
Brandon Williams on 12:23 - Apr 15 with 1681 viewsNeedhamChris

Brandon Williams on 11:32 - Apr 15 by EatonBlue

Maybe let's wait to see if he's an appropriate role model or not (as per a jury of our peers)

Brandon Williams on 13:01 - Apr 15 with 1554 viewsKeno

Brandon Williams on 12:18 - Apr 15 by _clive_baker_

Supplies

It would be quite a shock

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Decorations? on 13:09 - Apr 15 with 1500 viewsBloots

Why?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Brandon Williams on 14:11 - Apr 15 with 1276 viewsNeedhamChris

Brandon Williams on 12:00 - Apr 15 by textbackup

Part of the group… yeah, course he is

If he comes on and scores the winner in the (hopefully not needed) playoff final against Norwich can we let him back in?

Brandon Williams on 14:30 - Apr 15 with 1184 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams on 14:11 - Apr 15 by NeedhamChris

If he comes on and scores the winner in the (hopefully not needed) playoff final against Norwich can we let him back in?

Nope. I do have some morals

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024