Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Illnesses 13:10 - Apr 14 with 3292 viewsBlueNomad

I think they may have taken a greater toll than KMc let on. Yesterday I felt there was far more energy than of late.
Illnesses on 00:53 - Apr 15 with 338 viewsRyorry

Illnesses on 17:07 - Apr 14 by Bluesky

Constant touching hands with myriads of fans, social appearances, children at home - no shortage of exposure to bugs - add in lowered immunity from physical stress at times ....

... then sharing the same dressing room, showers, toilets, gymn, eateries etc. plus close contact during celebratory hugs etc. (remember the pile of bodies after our late winner v. So'ton?!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Illnesses on 04:56 - Apr 15 with 276 viewsitfctilidie

Illnesses on 15:40 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

If a virus had ripped through the camp and knocked out x % of our first team squad then could we have asked for a postponement?

I don't think so and gladly so - could you imagine? There would be games off all the time, when star players get injured, team has a big game and all of a sudden 12 players go down with a mystery illness - There is enough window with FFP and other things for clubs to manipulate so fortunately this isn't (i hope)
[Post edited 15 Apr 4:56]
Illnesses on 06:35 - Apr 15 with 229 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 20:33 - Apr 14 by Nutkins_Return

Just because being a professional athlete doesn't give you immunity to getting flu. And even if a professional athlete might function somewhat with an illness it's all relative as going up against people with peak condition with a flu/bug etc is going to really have an effect + knock on effect to recovery etc etc.

Just couldn't believe your initial post suggestion that it's seemingly bizarre for a a group of footballers to have spreadable illness go round.

Yeah I worded that incorrectly, I of course didn’t mean that 👍

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Illnesses on 07:32 - Apr 15 with 202 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 18:24 - Apr 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're not a doctor, are you?

Reckon I’d be a better Dr than you would be an estate agent.

Illnesses on 07:46 - Apr 15 with 190 viewsEuropablue

Illnesses on 15:14 - Apr 14 by textbackup

Just how ill can one bunch of players get?!

They have perfect diets, so you’d think immune systems are pretty decent. Yet this mystery illness has hammered them…. What exactly could this be that’s fcking them

People are not machines. They are putting considerable strain on their bodies with such a tough schedule. It isn't hard to imagine that humans get ill when they are really pushing themselves to get an edge on their opponents.
Illnesses on 07:49 - Apr 15 with 189 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 07:46 - Apr 15 by Europablue

People are not machines. They are putting considerable strain on their bodies with such a tough schedule. It isn't hard to imagine that humans get ill when they are really pushing themselves to get an edge on their opponents.

You might need to read where I’ve said I have worded this incorrectly 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024