Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 points 01:02 - Apr 14 with 1187 viewsReus30

Not the best results this week but top of the league with 3 to play.

Keep doing the calculator with all the different results but I just cannot see Ipswich finishing below 2nd. 96 points and we will be champions I reckon. I cannot get away from the fact that Southampton won't pick up at least one result against Leeds or Leicester.
7 points on 08:49 - Apr 14 with 926 viewsHighgateBlue

I'm all for optimism, and we may very well get 7 points and go up cosily.

But surely a good deal of things are possible in the next three, given our results in the previous three?
7 points on 08:57 - Apr 14 with 898 viewstextbackup

Have any of your calculations seen us go up with 6 points? As that’s my predicted points

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

7 points on 11:03 - Apr 14 with 777 viewsgainsboroughblue

7 points on 08:57 - Apr 14 by textbackup

Have any of your calculations seen us go up with 6 points? As that’s my predicted points

We've gone up with 6 points each time I've looked at it since yesterday.

We've gone up with 4 points on the basis Southampton do both Leeds and Leicester but drop points elsewhere, and Leeds drop another 2 points.

I have us finishing 3rd or 4th getting 3 points for every scenario I've done.

Edit. Actually in scenario 2, as long as Leeds and Soton drop the points mentioned, doesn't actually matter what Leicester do.
[Post edited 14 Apr 11:05]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

7 points on 11:07 - Apr 14 with 760 viewssmithy69

7 points on 08:49 - Apr 14 by HighgateBlue

I'm all for optimism, and we may very well get 7 points and go up cosily.

But surely a good deal of things are possible in the next three, given our results in the previous three?

More importantly - Leicester and Leeds look like they couldn’t win a raffle with the winning ticket right now
7 points on 15:33 - Apr 14 with 646 viewsVegtablue

7 points on 08:57 - Apr 14 by textbackup

If Leeds and Southampton each lose or draw again, 6 points will do it. If one of them wins all remaining games, we would miss out on top two if Leicester finish with the results W2 D1 L1 or better.

Personally, I don't think the above is a mad scenario. Leeds have gone on winning streaks 6 times this season; optimistic to be confident a 7th is beyond them. If they do beat Boro and QPR away, how much hope are we offering Martin's boys on the final day at Elland Rd? Onto Leicester, they've won 4 of their last 6 at home. Tough games left but 3 of their 4 are at home, and they made a mockery of Norwich's form in the most recent blockbuster at the King Power. Leicester remain in the best position of all of us, as much as their results have fallen apart. Southampton would be a bit mad, 7 wins on the spin and with those fixtures still to play. Annoyingly, Leicester are the only top 4 side "allowed" to lose, so Southampton winning there is only massive if West Brom also do so. If Leicester get 1 point from those two, our worst case scenario reduces to 7 points.

As for us, our away record against top half sides reads W3 D1 L5. Hull are stylistically different to most of the league, a Leicester type who should control the ball and look superior to us on it. Coventry conversely are much more like us in possession, less aggressive without it. 6 points would be a very creditable return from these three, blocking out the outside noise.
7 points on 15:43 - Apr 14 with 625 viewsstrikalite

7 points on 11:07 - Apr 14 by smithy69

More importantly - Leicester and Leeds look like they couldn’t win a raffle with the winning ticket right now

They're still playing well though and creating chances, how both lost this weekend having watched both games is beyond me, for whatever reason the ball isn't dropping for them like it has been, hopefully that'll continue, but they aint doing much wrong imo, for what it's worth:)
7 points on 16:46 - Apr 14 with 530 viewsClareBlue

Impossible to predict. Any result for any of the four clubs in any match. As per the last two weeks.
7 points on 17:32 - Apr 14 with 465 viewsWestSussexBlue

7 points on 16:46 - Apr 14 by ClareBlue

Impossible to predict. Any result for any of the four clubs in any match. As per the last two weeks.

That’s the best and clearest comment on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024