Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are English Clubs 08:34 - Apr 12 with 532 viewscressi

And is the Premiership as good as everyone thinks with only Villa winning just , City getting a decent draw in Madrid or is it overhyped. I guess in two weeks we will all know.
Are English Clubs on 08:41 - Apr 12 with 476 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leverkusen having a storming season and 15 or so points ahead of Bayern so I expected them to beat West Ham.

Liverpool looked nailed on to at least get to final of Europa so that capitulation was a bit if a surprise. Not seen much of Atalanta though so can't really comment.

Not even sure the other comp is even taken that seriously. Going to be interesting how it pans out from next year. Expanding the CL one thing but it's going to be feel like total saturation point in the other two.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Are English Clubs on 08:42 - Apr 12 with 475 viewsNedPlimpton

Having 4 clubs in the quarter finals of the 2 European competitions (I'm not acknowledging the conference league thingy) suggests the EPL is in a pretty good place

For some reason it seems to take some real pedigree and history in European competitions to advance beyond that though. Even poor Real Madrid sides have gone on to lift the champions league whereas clubs with little history in the competition that had millions pumped into them, seem to need a fair few years to grow into it

Think how long it took Chelsea or City to win the CL
Are English Clubs on 10:01 - Apr 12 with 364 viewsElephantintheRoom

Our foreigners are better paid than their foreigners which tends to translate into better teams.

Our oil state Sportswashing project has also been a lot more successful than their oil state sportswashing project

The emergence of a second decent team in Germany, Italian clubs taking the second competition a bit more seriously than other countries perhaps- though Spain and Portugal have also given it a go. But the main factor in the Chumps League is the lopsided draw which pitted the four best teams against each other - and neither tie is quite over yet

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Are English Clubs on 10:06 - Apr 12 with 348 views_clive_baker_

English clubs have won 3 of the past 5 Champions Leagues and Man City are probably the current favourites to win it again this year.

West Ham were never going to win at Leverkusen, they're running away with the Bundesliga and they're unbeaten. At home to, what, the 10th -12th best side in England?

Liverpool losing was a surprise, but I dare say Klopp's priority is to bow out with another PL title.
Are English Clubs on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 330 viewsFBI

Are English Clubs on 10:01 - Apr 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Our foreigners are better paid than their foreigners which tends to translate into better teams.

Our oil state Sportswashing project has also been a lot more successful than their oil state sportswashing project

The emergence of a second decent team in Germany, Italian clubs taking the second competition a bit more seriously than other countries perhaps- though Spain and Portugal have also given it a go. But the main factor in the Chumps League is the lopsided draw which pitted the four best teams against each other - and neither tie is quite over yet

Oh my, I'm going to agree with Elephant. I need a lie down.

But that's exactly what the Premier League is like and, to a large extent, why it was created. I hate it with a vengeance.

On the other hand, Elephant, the way you talk about our owners and management is still bullhooks.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024